Sign in to follow this  
WillaCHilla

New Beta Build 70709 is up!

New Beta Build 70709 is up!

Click here to download

Changelog:

[70663] New: Weather config values "size" and "height" for better control over the cloud layer. Default values: size = 1.0; height = max(bright,0.6)

[70661] Improved: File handle management when more then 448 pbo was present is now more efficient.

[70651] Improved: Increased limits to prevent "Too many virtual memory blocks requested" error.

[70650] Fixed: Crash possible when loading map with older binarized format (pre 20, e.g. Schmalfelden).

[70646] Fixed: Some objects were shortly "flashing" while changing LODs.

Wow, many of the changes actually appeared on the changelog this time!

Hope we get some performance increase over 644. Gonna test a.s.a.p :)

feels better to me. last beta wasn't as smooth. less popping of objects.

Damn, I can't keep up with BIS tempo :)

/KC

Seems like they're doing a lot of tweaking of engine for OA, so adding it to beta patches here gives them instant feedback.

This probably also means that we will not see a new stable version for ArmA2 until (or just before) the release of OA.

Either way it's good for us!

Wow, I didn't even had time to install the previous one...

... installing ...

has anyone tested already with different weather settings (cloud layer / changelog) ?

where exactly are these changes to make ?

[70646] Fixed: Some objects were shortly "flashing" while changing LODs.

looks improved

But the color change while changing LODs (especially Building) is still present. It change from a darker color (without zooming) to a brighter color (with zooming).

... installing ...

has anyone tested already with different weather settings (cloud layer / changelog) ?

Is this a fix for follow problem??

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/8072

Edited by bensdale

For some reason I have been getting an error when trying to start the game when using the beta patch. The last one two. The last time I used beta was before the 1.05 and it worked fine before that.

The error i get now is "Error compiling pixel shader PSSpecularAlpha:0

Anyone have a clue why using the beta is causing this?

I saw another person say the same thing and their shortcut was wrong. This is mine, anything wrong with it?:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@X;@ACEX_SM;@BWMod;@ffaa;@mma;@HEXAgon;

Thanks

Edited by victim913

For some reason I have been getting an error when trying to start the game when using the beta patch. The last one two. The last time I used beta was before the 1.05 and it worked fine before that.

I saw another person say the same thing and their shortcut was wrong. This is mine, anything wrong with it?:

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\beta\arma2.exe" -noSplash -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX;@ACEX_PLA;@X;@ACEX_SM;@BWMod;@ffaa;@mma;@HEXAgon;

Thanks

if you search the forum you will find a solution for this. It has been also mentioned not to beta test the game with mods.

Regarding the helpful InFireBaptize,

I did search for others with the same issue. That is why I said that i saw another person with the same problem. In fact there were 4 or 5 people with the same problem.

And all but 1 was due to the shortcut being wrong which is why I posted what my shortcut was.

ALSO included in the readme;

"You can configure your Arma 2 with Beta Patch including other mods etc., just make make sure that:

in your ArmA Shortcut start-up Target line;etc..."

ALSO I read the "beta patch testing forum guidlines" and nowhere in the entire thread does it say that we can't test it with other mods.

In fact none of the three sticky threads mention anything about other mods.

AND in the searches I did, many others had other mods running and gave feedback as to how the beta affected those other mods.

So you don't need to tell me I am not supposed to test it with other mods, and you don't need to tell me I need to search. So either help or don't, I don't need you scolding me because you have been here longer. If you don't have an answer then don't respond. But thank you for your concern.

Remove the last semicolon... And don't act like a victim. :) All he was trying to say was, that you shouldn't use mods and report problems here if you encounter any during testing.

I always end up saying this too soon, but from initial flying tests this build seems a lot more stable than the last one. The amount of stutter is about the same as in 70644, which overall is worse than 70313. Mostly it's noticeable when making multiple flybys very low over a large city like Chernogorsk. Framerate also drops pretty low when doing this, whereas it seemed like it did not as much in 70313.

However, good news is that even with several flybys, where 70644 and below almost certainly would have crashed, this beta did not. So I'm hopeful that the video memory issues are getting sorted. :cool:

All of my testing so far with this beta has been done using exThreads=0.

So I'm hopeful that the video memory issues are getting sorted

This has however not ever happened to anyone i know - wich is quite a few people. Is it the games fault or your settings?

Time to test this one - hard to keep up. :)

This has however not ever happened to anyone i know - wich is quite a few people. Is it the games fault or your settings?

Time to test this one - hard to keep up. :)

I guess I feel like if it's a game-specific error and not something I've ever gotten anything close to in any other game, it's the game's fault. It shouldn't really matter what settings I choose, and since the settings I use give me 30+ FPS in 99% of situations, I feel like they should be fine.

Also, a few other people have posted about the same issues, so it isn't just me.

But you make it sound like its a universal problem wich i dont think it is or we would have most people see the same result. I have never crashed flying over a town so far and from those i know and from being part of bug tracking it doesnt seem like a big problem. I understand its annoying for you of course, and i dont really know what you can try to see if it can be eliminated.

But you make it sound like its a universal problem wich i dont think it is or we would have most people see the same result. I have never crashed flying over a town so far and from those i know and from being part of bug tracking it doesnt seem like a big problem. I understand its annoying for you of course, and i dont really know what you can try to see if it can be eliminated.

No, I know it's not universal, but the symptoms definitely indicate a memory leak, possibly only on Very High settings, or with Video Memory set to Default. It's super annoying to me because I can't play a game for more than an hour or so without a crash, and when I'm online trying to play Domination and fly an A-10 or something it gets real annoying when the screen blacks out and I crash the jet into the ground. I end up just getting frustrated with the game and quitting.

FPS is the same for me as it was in 1.05

Well coupled with improvements it's at least something good, compared to early 70xxx betas where I had 10-15% FPS drop

Thanks

Make sure your start in is this "c:\program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2"

without the beta in there. Also why not just reuse your old beta shortcut everytime? Just rename the beta folder in arma or delete it and install the new one.

... installing ...

It's in the hotfix.pbo. And, no I haven't, haven't even started the new beta yet :)

Well, same ol same ol with the FPS, 25 without exThreads and 26 with exThreads=3...but overall I'm having less white flashes or w/e.

Texture loading is still pretty bad, but overall...good improvement from the last patch (should be since it's been FOREVER since a patch =])...even though it's just the beta patch...the final patch should be really great...Good JOb BIS

After I had install some of the latest beta, my FRAPS dont work in the game anymore. when i try to record it drop down to 2 FPS.... whitout the Beta it will record fine.

It is quite a shame that this is happening. I love to recorde.

it all startet after patch ARMA2_Build_69645

Edited by Ringhejm

Is the problem you're experiencing like this?

tGuXltJAmtM

If so I reported it a while ago but nothing was said about it. Glad to know I'm not the only one facing this problem.