Sign in to follow this  
jpinard

Dear BI - As an American where should I pre-order OA so you get the most money?

Dear BI. I am super excited about the coming release of Operation Arrowhead. This is one of those times where I really want to make sure as much of the money I spend on this game goes directly to you and not a retailer or 3rd party. But I also understand sales figures in big box stores is important as well.

This is why I'm asking where, as a person living in the United States, should I (and others who want to follow my lead) pre-order/purchase the upcoming Operation Arrowhead to make sure it counts the most for you?

Best Wishes,

-Jeff :)

Yup Sprocket is the way to give the most back to the developer :)

Is the download version of Operation Arrowhead compatible with retail (DVD) version of the original game? Last summer the retail version arrived really late to Finland so I would prefer to buy the download version if things look bad again.

Wow they still sell it for 34 Euros! I bought Arma 2 from a store in UK on release day... but buying OA at full price when others will be offering lower isn't something I'd personally do :p.

If BI release this game without as many bugs as A2 then I may consider paying full!

Is the download version of Operation Arrowhead compatible with retail (DVD) version of the original game? Last summer the retail version arrived really late to Finland so I would prefer to buy the download version if things look bad again.

I'd like to confirm as well. I purchased my retail copy through Best Buy, so I just want to double-check and make sure what I purchase from sprocket will work OK with the retail DVD. Thanks! :)

I expect I will download OA as soon as it's available as I did with A2 (may as well be from Sprocket if they have it on day one). Later on I'll look for a Gold edition with the two combined so I have boxed also.

Now this is a great f&*%$n question. Absolutely, I want BIS to get as much of my $ as possible.

Sprocket it will be!

If you guys at BIS ever need to raise capital for anything shoot me a PM. That's what I do and I'd be glad to help where I can.

I want to spend as much money as I can on Operation Arrowhead, but I can't buy online so I will have to get it from Gamestation. I didn't buy ArmA II as soon as it came out because I needed to upgrade it a lot, but when I did buy it the store clerk guy told me I was probably the only person in my town who has bought the game, I don't think anybody knows what the hell it is in my town, apart from my friend who I always tell him about clan matches I've had.

Well, it's really a good question. It's time to support the developer.

How to know you have a Hot Product:

High Sales = A desired product + good marketing.

A reliable Product:

Low return rate = Robust/durable/capable

"A fanatics niche of Digital Crack, made by developers with character the customers trust":

People looking for methods to funnel money to/increase price of = !?!!?!!? :p

I agree. And BIS you should be very satisfied with your efforts and actions. You know this only happens when people see the deeper truth of what is being attempted (and accomplished)!

Monk;1619099']I want to spend as much money as I can on Operation Arrowhead' date=' but I can't buy online so I will have to get it from Gamestation. I didn't buy ArmA II as soon as it came out because I needed to upgrade it a lot, but when I did buy it the store clerk guy told me I was probably the only person in my town who has bought the game, I don't think anybody knows what the hell it is in my town, apart from my friend [/quote']

Glad i'm not the only one. My clerk also added its "buggy as shit and not worth it". I asked "if he'd played it?" to which he replied "Nuh". After a short powerpoint display and an essay i'd prepared earlier on 'BIS' dedication to patching' he became very aware that in future playing games first is a good idea.

He was also now aware that the developers are the same guys who made the original Flashpoint (which he was a fan) and that Flashpoint 2 is Codemasters alone. "Oh! Thats why it was shit!" :smiley-blunder:

or, just wait for it to be released, and then buy it..

I'm a fan of hard copies. Is there a preferred publisher that can sell me a material product that BIS has a more salubrious agreement with? If it comes out in Europe before North America, I will probably get the 505 version. Otherwise, I'll buy it in stores in Canada. Is there a third, better option for the devs?

Dear BI. I am super excited about the coming release of Operation Arrowhead. This is one of those times where I really want to make sure as much of the money I spend on this game goes directly to you and not a retailer or 3rd party. But I also understand sales figures in big box stores is important as well.

This is why I'm asking where, as a person living in the United States, should I (and others who want to follow my lead) pre-order/purchase the upcoming Operation Arrowhead to make sure it counts the most for you?

Best Wishes,

-Jeff :)

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=10318

http://www.meridian4.com/games/arma2/index.html

and OA will be there sooner or later ...

Yes, but in which language(s) ?

and OA will be there sooner or later ...

Available at 00:00:01 on 29th? :)

And also what about activations, will it be managed by securom with max of 5 activations or what? 'cause if so then that is just an extra reason to buy it on disc instead.