Sign in to follow this  
armydude

Boy kills father after taking keyboard away

http://www.news.com.au/technology/boy-kills-dad-with-sledgehammer-after-banned-from-playing-computer-games/story-e6frfro0-1225853471820

After a 14 year old was playing video games on his computer for over a week, his parents took the keyboard away from him so he couldn't play on his computer. So later that night, the boy took a sledge hammer and went into his parents room where he at least hit his father in the head 2 times. Scared, the mother gave him the keyboard. The 14 year old boy from Russian then went back to his computer and played video games until he fell asleep. :eek::eek::eek: I can bet the media is going to blame violent video games on this one....

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1548138.php/Viennese-girl-kills-mother-after-internet-ban

A 14-year old girl living in Vienna killed her mother after she wasn't allowed to surf the internet. Very disturbing to me.

Edited by armydude

Achievement unlocked kid,

Kill your parents to play Halo 2 30GS

YOU STILL FAIL

ontopic: what a sad world we live in, humans must of de-evolved within the last 20 years.

Psychologically the kid would have been prone to the trigger (taking the keyboard away) from a mixture of sleep deprevation and addiction. He would also most likely have had some condition with a misdevelopment in his frontal lobes (through damage or possibly hereditory) that shut down his control over right and wrong.

Regardless of his pre-succeptability (meaning that anything could have conditioned and triggered him) it still gives a good arguement for anti-violent games activists. Fact is that the kid wouldn't have killed if he wasn't A) addicted to the video games (games as a drug) and B) Sleep deprived due to this addiction.

The kid most likely would have found something later in life that lead him to trigger but the fact that it was game related gives the activists fuel.

Psychologically the kid would have been prone to the trigger (taking the keyboard away) from a mixture of sleep deprevation and addiction. He would also most likely have had some condition with a misdevelopment in his frontal lobes (through damage or possibly hereditory) that shut down his control over right and wrong.

Regardless of his pre-succeptability (meaning that anything could have conditioned and triggered him) it still gives a good arguement for anti-violent games activists. Fact is that the kid wouldn't have killed if he wasn't A) addicted to the video games (games as a drug) and B) Sleep deprived due to this addiction.

The kid most likely would have found something later in life that lead him to trigger but the fact that it was game related gives the activists fuel.

Agreed, and while the kid is clearly addicted, the last thing parents should do is to get into hositle action.(such as taking out parts or unpluging the internet)

Uhh, no offence but are you all out of your freakin minds!

Addiction? Hostile actions? They took his keyboard away and he goes Conan on his own father?!?

As a person who has battled and won over serious addictions, I can tell you that hacking your own flesh and blood is most definitely attributed to a much more serious disorder or just flat out evil than a mere gaming addiction.

:j:

Russia says the US is no longer allowed to adopt their kids. Pity.

Uhh, no offence but are you all out of your freakin minds!

Addiction? Hostile actions? They took his keyboard away and he goes Conan on his own father?!?

As a person who has battled and won over serious addictions, I can tell you that hacking your own flesh and blood is most definitely attributed to a much more serious disorder or just flat out evil than a mere gaming addiction.

:j:

This.

There will always be people who are just extremely mentally unstable. To try to place the blame on anyone other than the child and possibly his parents is just naïve.

Fact is that the kid wouldn't have killed if he wasn't A) addicted to the video games (games as a drug) and B) Sleep deprived due to this addiction.

You can't say for sure, but in anycase his parents shouldn't have let it get that bad. It is my opinion that in cases like these the parents are always at fault.

I don't disagree at all. My point on the addiction thing is that activists will try to sell it as games being an addiction, heck, the Chinese have addiction clinics for gaming (one was recently closed down when a kid was beaten to death by the doctors/care givers).

Fact is that gaming in this case was a level of addiction, being that gaming would have most likely been increasing his dopamine release, and the lack of sleep would have prevented a full recovery of dopamine levels so it would have acted like a weaker version of taking something like ICE. At his point of complete and utter exhaustion his mind would only have been thinking that games equal pleasure, a lack of that stimulation would equal anger, frustration and high levels of stress.

But most people under that pressure would snap verbally, throw fits, etc, unfortunately this kid seems to have had the markers for succeptability to mental illness and as such he handled the stress the way he thought was right, hence why he just went back to gaming like nothing happened. When something like that happens it usually means that there's no longer a link to the inhibition section of his frontal lobes, or at leas the message isn't getting there.

What I'm saying is that the cause is because of exhaustion and susceptability, unfortunately activitists will hear "Gaming" and "murder" and ignore anything else.

Happened many times in the past. Any crime that takes place, if there's a hint of the criminal playing computer games then every piece of psychological evidence is ignored by anti-gaming activists so they can force their belief of "all violent gaming causes crime"

http://www.news.com.au/technology/boy-kills-dad-with-sledgehammer-after-banned-from-playing-computer-games/story-e6frfro0-1225853471820

After a 14 year old was playing video games on his computer for over a week, his parents took the keyboard away from him so he couldn't play on his computer. So later that night, the boy took a sledge hammer and went into his parents room where he at least hit his father in the head 2 times. Scared, the mother gave him the keyboard. The 14 year old boy from Russian then went back to his computer and played video games until he fell asleep. :eek::eek::eek: I can bet the media is going to blame violent video games on this one....

http://www.monstersandcritics.com/news/europe/news/article_1548138.php/Viennese-girl-kills-mother-after-internet-ban

A 14-year old girl living in Vienna killed her mother after she didn't allow her to surf the internet. Very disturbing to me.

i can even understand actions like that for arma 2,but for halo...:(:(

anyway this is not the first time that something similar happens.mounths ago

i've read about a romanian guy(16 years old)able to kill his mother because she doesn't payed his internet provider.so the guy was not able to play counter strike.

This is the Reason why 14 and 16 Year old should not play those Games...

This is the Reason why 14 and 16 Year old should not play those Games...

This is the reason mentally unstable 14 and 16 year olds shouldn't be allowed to get to such a stage in the first place with anything remotely "addictive". If you do something like this then you have something majorly wrong with you to begin with, it's not games that cause it. They may trigger it, but the cause is rooted much deeper within their minds. How many millions of people play violent games but DON'T murder their parents?

Yeah, but ultimately it's bullshit because he was likely to have killed his father for interrupting his stamp collecting...

People always use games as scapegoats for bad parenting or other unrelated issues.

For a kid to go and kill his father for taking away his keyboard with a sledgehammer there had to be pre-existing mental issues that he was facing. No sane person will kill their father in such a brutal manor for taking away a keyboard. It has nothing to do with the games he was playing, he was a nutcase. Same with the Viennese girl.

Edited by Zipper5

I never play any game in front of my father.i think there is need of some fear/respect of parents on children mind.

there had to be pre-existing mental issues that he was facing. No sane person will kill their father in such a brutal manor for taking away a keyboard.

He possibly had some pre-existing bad blood with his father as well, and this was the last straw. Can't know for sure what kinds of incidents they had prior to this one nor the full story of the events leading to the news we see.

I think it is lack of education which inevitably leads to selfishness and disrespect for parents and for all other people around. It is clear that the media can lead to violent behavior, not only for children, but when there is lack of education then things may get worse.

Oeps, was already posted on first page. Thought it was a belgian girl.

Edited by DaSquade

People always use games as scapegoats for bad parenting or other unrelated issues.

Too true. :rolleyes:

Bingo.

"parenting" in last couple decades is a joke. Unfortunately by virute of how people learn, it can only get worse it seems :(

There is the root cause of much of todays problems.

But to be fair, these 14 and 16 years olds might be a little damaged to start with.

there is reason why there are age ratings on games ...

and parents should not allow theirs kids to play violent games ...

bullshit, first shooter with 8, as the rest of the class and we are still alright

bullshit, first shooter with 8, as the rest of the class and we are still alright

A rather violent reaction there ;)

Hi all

I think we are looking at a pre-existing condition, perhaps a form of autism, if not then we are talking full on sociopath or psychopath. The inability to empathise with his father's view at all and his failure to take any consideration of the consequences of his actions, indicate a serious pre existing condition. The fact that he left his mother alone and just went back to playing shows in an inability to add together the consequences of his actions. It would be interesting know if the kid was known to be cruel to animals, often an indicator of psychopathy.

That said I agree the game played a part in triggering the event, do we know what game he was playing? The choice of weapon may indicate World of Warcraft or some RPG, but if the weapon was not one in the game then there is a disconnect to that as the trigger that indicates a purely psychopathic cause, perhaps a long term disagreement between father an son. Breaking the inbuilt barriers to killing our own kind is very hard for most species including humans in the case of Patricide doubly so. Again that indicates a pre-existing pschological disorder.

This was what was discovered in the real MK Ultra experiments. It is very hard to take a normal person and turn them into a killer, but take some one with certain pre exisiting conditions and most of the work is done for you. They do not make good soldiers but they make excelent one time use killers. It the same thing that terrrorist recruiters look for in suicide bombers, it is why they work in religious schools where they can spot such potential targets.

Also you should all read the work Lt.Colonel Grossman on the Killology website has to say on the subject.

http://www.killology.com/article_trainedtokill.htm

We are getting into Operant Conditioning here which is part of the reason the military use simulations like VBS. One of the reasons why the Military chose VBS is because it gives a richer picture of what is on and happens within the battlefield. Games like COD just teach the player to kill, without considering the consequences or the collateral damage, they oversimplify the battlefield.

They can even use VBS to teach soldiers that driving at the civilians has consequences.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7587238.stm

And obviously the corollary of don't shoot the civilians, and look for the threat indicators that tell you that civilian ain't a civilian or is having a non-civilian moment.

Maybe the answer is banning kids from playing games like COD and the rest; and when they are over 18 only allow them to play ArmA or something of that level of complexity.

Kind Regards walker

Edited by walker

People are just fucked up... no use trying to explain it.

Some people's wires are just crossed and nothing you can do about it. I was raised with guns all around me, watched violent tv shows and movies, and played violent video games.

I'm ok.

there is reason why there are age ratings on games ...

Yes, but „google versions" of games does not have ratings, and anyway there are very few people which looks first on the game packaging to see what the ERSB is and then purchasing (only if the parents are the ones buying the game).

Edited by gulag