Sign in to follow this  
EMERY

Generation kill mod

excellent, im glad you've gone for a decent size in all the suburbs , hopefully the city area will follow suit. nice work

Wow. Just part of that is quite a bit load of work! But yeah, link to a big picture if you want to. But the moderators will strip that one down soon enough since hotlinking that large images isn't allowed ;)

Hi @LL

first, - finally we get some nice lookin desert maps... ive been waiting for some more since opteryx released his stuff for A1.

so thumbs up for that and all your work n that..

But i also have to do some criticism about the mapsize...well dont get me wrong..i love big maps where we all can use Plane, Choppers n tanks and all that... but on the other side.... maybe its just me but everytime i play maps like this its kinda feel empty.... u dont get the right ambient on maps like that...or rather not even close enough players to make it a real combat zone. I mean playing a map this size means either u need a shitload of players on a server or a huge load of KI.... u cant play maps like this with just 10 guys and a few bots.... but maybe its just me :)

Dont get me wrong its just what i was thinkin when i was lookin on that screeny ;) anyways i will look out for any progress on this one and enjoy it anyways if its released :D

Well, just limit the area you play at for that mission then. The upside with large cities is that they allowed for very varied scenarios, scenario sizes, and scenario locations.

@Due

no worries man i see what you're saying. we'll try to make this not a bland of an urban area. we'll try our best. it will start taking shape once the walls start going up. dirty it up with some trash. bushes, trees. there still alot more.

Small WIP update:

M40a1 as seen in Episode 2 "The Cradle of Civilization"

buldozer201005021823446.th.png

arma22010050219075579.th.png

Like I said on Armaholic. Wicked looking rifle! :D

Keep up the good work!!

hi all i just uploaded a move showing the size of the map check it out as for now there are only buildings and the roads in im about to start adding the side walk and the walls its going to take some time but i will keep you all updated

note this is very alpha stage

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RjxNlN9tyU

Wow, man this is a huge city, houses as far as the eye can reach! Even it's alpha it looks impressive.

Generation kill wont be the same if we cant shoot out thw humvees! :(

Unfortunetally I think its not too easy to mod, though I heard PR mod is making such feature in their ArmA2 mod.

Generation kill wont be the same if we cant shoot out thw humvees! :(

Unfortunetally I think its not too easy to mod, though I heard PR mod is making such feature in their ArmA2 mod.

we can and will be shooting out of humvees

its just a matter configure more turrets on the vehicle in question just takes time to get it right

Edited by EMERY

we can and will be shooting out of humvees

its just a matter configure more turrets on the vehicle in question just takes time to get it right

Turrets? Do you mean the weapons are mounted somehow, or are we really finally going to be able to shoot any infantry weapon from the windows? :bounce3:

edit: the first thing ill do is shoot an m136 :D

Turrets? Do you mean the weapons are mounted somehow, or are we really finally going to be able to shoot any infantry weapon from the windows? :bounce3:

edit: the first thing ill do is shoot an m136 :D

Weapons are turrets. There's no way to shoot out of vehicles other than from turrets in ArmA2, unfortunately. Not if it is to be multiplayer-compatible at least (will jerk and bounce too much to hit anything).

just add more turrets,the guns will be mounted we are working on ways to make it so only when the player is in the gunner seat the guns will be seen by all

as for

quote Inkompetent

unfortunately. Not if it is to be multiplayer-compatible at least (will jerk and bounce too much to hit anything)

it will be just like shooting a 50cal mg on the top of a humvee but you will be shooting a m4 or a saw out of the window

So basiclly the hummer will have 3 gunner positions

GUNNER1 mk19

GUNNER2 Brads shotgun seat M4

GUNNER3 Trombley's back seat left saw

this will also only be on the mk19 hummer the lead gun car

the real worry if the loss of vision the you will loose by having the guns there and the butt of the gun will be in the players head (like on the MHQ gun)and you will only have a small degree of movement

so we will test and maybe release them in a beta to see what ppl think

but as for now the map is taking up most of the time we wont to release the map with the rest of the mod so have been concentrating on that, for now the hummers can wait

still heeps to do so stay frosty gents

Emz

Baghdad wip pic

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh95/EMERY9966/baghdad-2.jpg

Edited by EMERY

I know exactly how it'll be. Just saying that if NOT using turrets it'll lag like *beep* due to having to constantly move the player by script :)

I know exactly how it'll be. Just saying that if NOT using turrets it'll lag like *beep* due to having to constantly move the player by script :)

yea screw scripts but now what ya saying tho:bounce3:

EMERY: I have many photo's of Baghdad locations not just the landmarks, probably compatible satellite terrain data, maps and first hand knowledge.

If anything is of use, let me know as I'd love to see an accurate and detailed map.

Protegimus

EMERY: I have many photo's of Baghdad locations not just the landmarks, probably compatible satellite terrain data, maps and first hand knowledge.

If anything is of use, let me know as I'd love to see an accurate and detailed map.

Protegimus

thaks mate but i have heeps of pics

and i don't think i will be making all the landmarks only the swords and he tomb of the unknown solder

it will just take to long other wise

M40A1 stock looks verry good but you need to work on scope, here's pictures:

http://www.ordnancemarine.com/2171/graphics/e1460.png

http://texasbrigadearmory.com/images/rem700.jpg

http://www.texasbrigadearmory.com/images/usmcstandard.jpg

http://arniesairsoft.co.uk/news/february05/unertl/10xb_small.gif

PS: Are Republican Guard will be also included in mod?

Edited by maza94

Maza, there is an addon for Saddam era Iraqi military on Armaholic. It requires ACE 2, which could, or could not be a downside depending on preference, but otherwise it is really good.