Sign in to follow this  
craig.turner

Project Reality Development

yea if you look to add both PR and ACE 2 to any server it will fail ACE 2 is oil while PR is water. They dont mix at all

I gather what he's saying is that being stackable with other mods isn't a PR goal. Personally I commend that, required mods (varying from game to game) are the bane of the public servers I expect PR is out to populate.

^^ you speak the truth. That is the PR plan.

It'll be nice to have PvP public servers that only requires one download / mod / addon.

For once i dont want this mod to be compatible with other addons. Usually thats what we crave in this community due to the number of addons released. We want them to go together so we can enjoy the special mix of our choice.

However with a pure PvP mod that can within itself contain everything for making the gameplay great, and for that reason do not need any other addons to enhance it. Some addons would be permitted to run at the same time though i guess like soundmods? Or maybe that is being made as well. There can always come a soundmod that beats it all and most people want to use it to enhance the experience.

But we will see in time how this comes out. Im for the first time ever though agreeing that this should be a single mod not dependant on any other for the ease of play anywhere. PvP should be easier accessed in ARMA - and hopefully will be now with PR.

For me, P.R need to be compatible with another mod and not to be totally independant.

Alex you're right tthat the problem is the multiple addons in the different server (Ok for 2 or 3 addons or 2 mod principal with some great island) but is there are too many addons in server. But this is not the fault of too many addons created but the choice of the admin of server (i don't say they are wrong to put some addons ) !!

i use personaly:

ACE core

GL4

MMA

And some island like isla duala, panthera, podagorsk ....

Guys check out the mod called Devastation. This might be an early stage impression of what you can expect. Dr_Eyeball made it and he is also working on the PR mod...

This devastation mod was already underestimated and nobody besides some spanish guys and myself played it. But due to lack of players I stopped it also.

Aynway this mod has some really nice features already like boomerang anti sniper and lift choppers, rally points, FOBs.

I´m absolutely looking forward to the first release because the Devastation mod was already pretty playable. And now with the PR team supporting this this is going to be mind blowing for sure.

The best thing is that there will be some more PvP going on with that soon. So far there is only Berzerk and AAS which come any close to the way I want to play the game. All the other stuff especially the thousands of coop servers were nice in the beginning to get used to the game but nothing tops PvP with a mod that enforces team playing.

I´m really excited and can´t wait for the release...

Edit:

For once i dont want this mod to be compatible with other addons. Usually thats what we crave in this community due to the number of addons released. We want them to go together so we can enjoy the special mix of our choice.

However with a pure PvP mod that can within itself contain everything for making the gameplay great, and for that reason do not need any other addons to enhance it. Some addons would be permitted to run at the same time though i guess like soundmods? Or maybe that is being made as well. There can always come a soundmod that beats it all and most people want to use it to enhance the experience.

But we will see in time how this comes out. Im for the first time ever though agreeing that this should be a single mod not dependant on any other for the ease of play anywhere. PvP should be easier accessed in ARMA - and hopefully will be now with PR.

Alex this is exactly what I´m thinking also...

Edited by Lanthan

I am sure both ACE 2 and PR can be worked in together. Personally I cant do without ACE 2 GL4 WARFX and SLX. I am really looking forward to all the british kit especially the Warrior, btw the animations in the video especially the LMG gunner raising his weapon and the Taliban insurgent appearing round the corner look awesome - are these just in the video or will they be i the mod?

Looking forward to release.

But what serious reason are against compatibility eg island, vehicles, units, sounds etc? Or did I misunderstood and those things are working outside the PR mod in Arma2 without issues too?

ACE no...PR for sure

Who are you?

Can't wait to see this PR mod, though I am disappointed about the no compatibility with CBA... there goes mission compatibility, standardized functions and XEH... :mad:

But then again, if your a closed off game mode and mod all unto itself, then so be it; all is well.

Edited by Rommel

Ah I hope PR willl end the domination of Evolution and domination in MP! Give us some PvP missions !!

Devastationmeans"Baserape". Cant play it at all.

But come with more assets.

Ah I hope PR willl end the domination of Evolution and domination in MP! Give us some PvP missions !!

+100000 :slayer:

There is nothing... but endless discussion...

Let it come out and then see what happend.

We all know that it will be everytime possible to mix mods and can only be restricted by server admins.

So ATM the ACE Mod team does a superb job and all will be happy if something new adds to the com.

PLEASE STOP ENDLESS MERGING DISCUSSIONS because it is contraproductive

What I'm not liking is that people are now making it out to be a contest between ACE2 and ArmA2:PR predominantly, but are also making it a contest between ArmA2:PR and every other mod out there, claiming that it will blow every mod out of the water.

Can't the mods simply co-exist and not have one that is totally superior to another? That's counter-productive.

What I'm not liking is that people are now making it out to be a contest between ACE2 and ArmA2:PR predominantly, but are also making it a contest between ArmA2:PR and every other mod out there, claiming that it will blow every mod out of the water.

Can't the mods simply co-exist and not have one that is totally superior to another? That's counter-productive.

Boom headshot. Zipper hit the nail squarely on the head here. He wins the teddy :)

Yeah. People acting that way just havent finished growing up yet. No worries. :)

The awesomeness here is that we get what we always had in this community - more diversity. PR will hopefully do good for the PvP section. That is lacking a bit right now so its a very good thing. People will play with the mods they like and so it has always been. People not liking PvP will probably think PR is bollox, and i dont mean anything bad with that but just that we all have different preferences. So saying a mod will be "better" than the other mods around here is childish. Maybe its standard in other communities but please spare us that crap around here. We are happy we get more diversity.

Competition? It will split the community in two: PR x ACE. Thats not good at all.

And YOU saw it in the BF2 Vanillas x PR players, didn´t help anything, just created flamewars and so on.

One thing, the Devs are thinking in applying strict rules on HOW the mod is gonne be played, like in the BF2 counterpart? (kinda,Our way or NO way)

I mean, its nice the have an option to download a mod, join a server and don´t have to worry about addons and versions. Just join and play.

BUT since OFP the community here are tryning to join everything, BAS back then, Xeh in A1, CBA in a early start in A2. If the PR mod drop the compatibility with CBA and others mods, its just going against everything that have been built in those almost 10 years now.

I don´t see this with good eyes(if that statement is correct!), but that just ME!

Would be great if the PR team come with "games styles" (AAS, Ins, "FOB hunt"..) and we choose how we gonna play, more Vanilla style, ACE's style or on a super-dumper arcade style. But again, thats just me.

PS: Been playing PR since the very fisrt release(aswell Arma\OFP series), when the major features where the lack of crosshair and ammo status! Been away in the lastest versions because of the random ballistics, although I have 0.9 installed here.

Edited by Smurf

There's about as much of a risk of people splitting between ACE2 and ArmA2:PR as there is people splitting between every mod out there. This community doesn't split. I like to think of it as more mature than that, for the most part. That's why it's really the only community that I'm involved in.

In the same time im hoping for much smaller maps than what we got now. If they can take the time to put more object in a smaller map like rocks and ground cover , small river etc it would be awsome.

Guys, could you please stop the "competition-discussion"? Has it ever been a problem that the beloved FDF mod was standalone? Has it split the community?

So please, either accept PR's decision to make a standalone mod or refrain from posting here. I doubt that they're changing their mind anytime soon.

Rezza;1589297']I am pretty sure that Project Reality will bring Teamwork to ArmA II

Bring it to ArmA II? It's already there, it has been since OFP.

Any news wheter this would become available trough six updater? That would allow very easy updating. I would prefer every mod to be downloadable from there, that way I could just launch up console and let it handle everything :D

All the level of detail and this looks very awesome, and breachable walls, how cool :p