Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

Advanced Combat Environment (A.C.E.) 2 - v1.0 stable

To reinstall the software is not the solution, same error same before.

Cos the version itself has this bug, so why i have to install the bug again?

Fix the bug and make a new release, thats the solution ....

@submdi: forget this download, it donesnt works

Re Docu, sure there's a tree; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

Re Updater setup.exe not downloading 100%, I think this is due to a false positive on the gamespy application gslist.

I have uploaded a setup without it, but you must manually install the gslist app to use the gamespy features.

i use the GUI version of the 6 Updater to keep abreast with the ACE2 updates. However, i can't for the life of me figure out how to add any other mod or island to the list it updates when i run it.
Try the video; http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid2

Uninstall and install the latest version. Obviously reinstalling the same version doesn't help.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Updater

Thanks Manzilla. Yes hopefully they'll give me the option in the next update. Sux to be unorthodox but just can't get used the k/b the normal way :bigglasses:
It's out there since yesterday. Edited by Sickboy

It would if I could actually download it!

gets to 99% and fails every time I try and download it.:confused:

If anyone would care to zip and host it for me to download from, I'd really appreciate it.

I went to the link posted previously for downloading six. Had no issues with download.

renamed previous install directory and re-installed .

All worked after that.

No idea if its a bug or if it has been reported before but here goes:

I had a encounter with a T72, and I put:

1xAT4

1xSMAW

countless amounts of 25mm and 30mm rounds

1xTunguska SAM

to it, and not even the tracks broke.

That's weird, it works for everyone else. I don't think it's the Updater that's not working right in this instance.

1xAT4

1xSMAW

1xTunguska SAM

Are you using any other AddOns/Mods? I was just taking out some T72s last night and I had no problem taking them down. Are you using the most recent version?

For bugs reports, please post them at the DH site.

I have the same problem. :eek:

It seems that the package have version 191 already, but somebody forgot to update the program to this version and took an old one.

I dont understand, why they have to make an upgrade every day ... why they cannot make an upgrade every 1-2 weeks. Small fixed cannot be so important to waste traffic and time such often ...

Hi Genius.... errrr, Gemus!

As to why they need to upgrade, it's called beta program and made for beta testing.

If you don't like that, I suggest using stable 1.0 and quit bitching, that are 2 solutions that would actually be helpfull to everyone, including you.

As for reinstalling the same version of Updater, of course it will not work, the best solution being to get the latest version and installing it, both working flawlessly.

Oh, and quit bitching also applies in this case.

I don't see what more you'd need, a stable version not updated too often for your taste, a latest Updater version without the bug you mention.... All you asked is already there. And you still go angry at anyone answering??? weird (or, shall I say, "spoiled children effect"?)

Guys, i am looking for various ACE2 tournaments and online campaigns where i could play with my friends against other players/clans/etc using ACE2 mod to its full potential (no 'CTF infantry only' stuff).

Where could I find such info? Maybe you can help me.

Thanks

;)

Razor

1xAT4

1xSMAW

1xTunguska SAM

That happens to me all the time.. i wonder if its a conflict with warfx, worked fine before :confused:

I don't see WarFX effecting the damage handlers unless OpticalSnare has been up to something in the last update?

In my case its just a graphic bug... like i see a perfectly intact tank but in fact its destroyed, no destroyed model/fire, removing warfx seems to fix it (i was using old warfx version but worked fine before), theres also smth that is confusing me, sometimes i hit a tank and get kills from the crew, but then the tank is perfectly intact when i get in ? Is that supposed to be a feature ? wasnt like that before

Edited by nocturna

After the last addition of the ACE insurgents, I was thinking maybe it would be cool to also have the same "insurgents" available as "civilians" - That is, use the same models and textures but on the civilian side with civilian behavior. That way it would be possible to mix up real insurgents with civilians that both look the same with the only difference being armed/unarmed and that you could try questioning the unarmed civilians.

Is this even a feasible idea? Would this be something that is easy to do (considering the models and textures are already there)?

My question might have been overlooked, so:

What do I do if I use more than one player profile? Do I have to always edit the Identity class in ace_clientside_config.hpp when I switch profiles, or is there a more convenient way to do this?

My apologies if this question has been answered before, but I didn't find it despite thorough searching. And since I'm certainly not the only one with this question, maybe you could even devote a line or two on this issue in the ACE2 documentation.

In case you are just not in the mood to answer, a rude "go and google properly" would already be helpful, because I'd know there is a solution out there, somewhere...

My question might have been overlooked, so:

In case you are just not in the mood to answer, a rude "go and google properly" would already be helpful, because I'd know there is a solution out there, somewhere...

It's not possible aside from editing the config like you are doing.

Im having some trouble installing the ACE mod

I downloaded the Six updater suite and ran it but the page it takes me to looks very different to the one shown in the video here: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid

this is what i get instead:

Arma 2 is also installed on a different hard drive to the six installer, does this really matter?

cheers

Wraith

Why exactly did ACE remove the smoke/explosion effect from the American APFSDS but not the T-90's? Do the Russians use some sort of explosive charge in theirs?

Quote:

Originally Posted by dondaddah

"i use the GUI version of the 6 Updater to keep abreast with the ACE2 updates. However, i can't for the life of me figure out how to add any other mod or island to the list it updates when i run it. "

"Try the video; http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid2"

I am grinning my @ss off.

It was that easy huh?

@SICKBOY

Thank you very very much Sir.

You've renewed my faith in the 'community'.

My ~Salute~ Sir.

ps:

now to figure out why the STHUD is not showing up for me (wink, wink)

If the Hud tells us how much ammo the cannon in a helicopter or tank there is, shouldn't it do the same for a static artillery gun like the D-30?

Im having some trouble installing the ACE mod

I downloaded the Six updater suite and ran it but the page it takes me to looks very different to the one shown in the video here: http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid

this is what i get instead:

Just click inside the Preset field and select ACE 2.

Described at http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download and http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite -> Documentation -> Installation.

Didn't think the video needed updating for such small detail, but will :)

Edited by Sickboy

That's weird, it works for everyone else. I don't think it's the Updater that's not working right in this instance.

Are you using any other AddOns/Mods? I was just taking out some T72s last night and I had no problem taking them down. Are you using the most recent version?

For bugs reports, please post them at the DH site.

No, I dl the updates with Yoma and only use whatever ACE provides.

now to figure out why the STHUD is not showing up for me

The STHud works fine for me and everyone in my squad that uses it in conjunction with ACE. Provided you leave it in its own seperate mod-folder and add the mod-folder to your shortcut's target line I don't see why it wouldn't work. It even works fine on the "unsupported" islands like Aiktalik and such.

hi ace team , i see an interisting activity in the dev-heaven : ACE_exposed ... what is that ?

Hey, is anyone else having trouble with the six updater?

I get to the part where the webpage opens up, press execute, te second windows pops up, and then disappears...

I havent changed anything in the web page, and i see that i dont have the latest ACE build...

Please help....

Frustrated noob

Desmo,

Welcome!

Which Updater version do you have? Is it the most recent? If not you need it.

Sickboy,

Thanks for the blog, now I don't have to mention it any more in RH's threads. ;)

EDIT 8 hours later:

Whoa an ACE2 thread on page 2? Don't think I've ever seen this.

Just had to edit that in, my apologies. ;)

Edited by Manzilla