Sign in to follow this  
roberthammer

RH MGS wpn pack 1.1

*offtopic*

Everytime I hear the word "ACE", someone kills a little baby seal...

*offtopic*

Great Weapon Pack, good work!

MfG Lee

Cool, cheers man. Brings back memories of hunching over a 15" TV and enjoying the lucid tones of David Hayter badgering on at me about destiny and genes whilst laughing like a 17th century earl. The best thing about MGS though was that crazy nippon steel samurai bloke; "Hurt me more Snake, Hurt Me MORE"! What a freak, but a conveniently amusing one at that.

Great game, and great addons too - will look forward to road testing them. Cheers Rob :)

arma22010-02-0820-01-29-70.jpg

Getting this when placing the ammo crate and lots of different classes in the editor with both vanilla and ACE Arma 2. Doesn't happen with every class oddly.

'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.30Rnd_556x45_StanagSDSpr'.

It seems doing "removeAllWeapons this" fixes it, so possibly there is some magazine conflict going on?

Edited by AnimalMother92

Getting this when placing the ammo crate and lots of different classes in the editor with both vanilla and ACE Arma 2. Doesn't happen with every class oddly.

'bin\config.bin/CfgMagazines.30Rnd_556x45_StanagSDSpr'.

It seems doing "removeAllWeapons this" fixes it, so possibly there is some magazine conflict going on?

:oh: my mistake , i thought i removed allready , i will fix it in future version

btw you can "fix it" by adding rh_m4 pack and you will get no error :p

Classname of the silenced EBRs?

"RH_m14ebr_sd",

"RH_m14ebrsp_sd"

"RH_m14ebrgc_sd"

Just out of interest RobertHammer have you considered adding some M1911 variants to this pack with tactical lights attached?

I had a bit of a look on FPSBanana and noticed a 1911 Custom that somewhat looked like the Operator pistol used by Old Snake in MGS4 (that he gets early on in the game.)

Sadly couldn't find a Sig GSR (that the PMC's use) however.

Really great conversions Robert! Thanks for your work on these. Hopefully I'll get them onto my units sooner rather than later :p

Many thanks to all the talented modellers/texturers who allow their content to be ported across games. And to RH, for bothering to import them. :)

I would like to give RH a standing ovation for the 100+ new weapons (although they are conversions, some from COD; the arch-enemy of arma.) and the fufillment of my fantasy, the M14EBR.

I honestly didn't expect a SCAR-H . . . that made my day!!!

The only other weapon system I would like to see is the HK417 . . . :yay:

Atleast you got those sick HK416's. :D

Great weapons RH!

the SCARs really are sick. one tiny tiny thing that bothers me though: it seems that the movement when firing the M14 is overdone. if you watch from 3rd person the whole body jerks back and forth, unlike the vanilla DMR.

Tested the weapons and I was AWED!!!

The huge recoil difference between the SCAR-H and SCAR-L was nice and obvious. This difference wasn't so striking in the SCAR addons in ARmA1. Love the custom M4s and they truly perform like customs...hehehe... awesome low recoil.

I like this addon so much I am gonna feature it in my next mission Operation Iron Fist 2 - Chaos in the City. :)

I appreciated this release as the others of yours, but still i have just a single "complain": weapons always look brand new, like just out of the factory...

SCAR in action: No guts, No Glory

I wanted to make a quick video about the new FN SCAR, by Robert Hammer, for ArmA 2.

What came out was a very good fast paced action with the AI showing some impressive rules of engagement. This assault rifle really keeps up to its expectations. I had to address a lot of things at once and this rifle did not let me down: first shot accuracy, moving target and elevation compensation, high impact penetration power, M203 indirect fire, suppression for fire superiority. I managed to do it all.

Spec Ops lovers, meet the FN SCAR.

I dedicate this video to the great people in my gaming group, the amazing modders that let us have so much fun and the video makers, especially Richie Speed, who are always available to help and discuss while making amazing videos for us to enjoy!

Mods in use: ACE2, HiFi SFX, RH_MGsWP

hope you like it!

6JG7p4sBV1E

Edited by Reezo