Sign in to follow this  
quincy

Fallujah is comming by Operation Reality

its a city in iraq,

and if you cant utilize the buildings, why make an entire map based on a city? it is literally nothing more than a maze, the buildings could be replaced with 4 sided walls and the gameplay would still pan out to be the EXACT same

being able to fire from windows, get on rooftops, fighting from building to building, is VITAL to CQC, my two cents.

so ud rather have a maze

so ud rather have a maze

i think the question is. would you rather have a maze? or would you rather...do a barrel role?

I would rather have Fallujah. Hahah. I'm sure that Vick is saying that the sheer population in such a small area of the city makes the onslaught of houses maze like.

I understand Vics point, when making some hamlet and towns on Aiaktalik, problem with building them is you don't want to have it so structured that its just a grid. Link compunds and buildings together by making them traverse through another building or on a roof to get there. Have vantage/strategic points that are hard to hold but offer a great base of fire position. Think about fire and maneuver and model rubble or debris accordingly.

so ud rather have a maze

no thats exactly what i dont want. the only thing youll have to do is check if the enemy is around every corner, nothing more. thats it. you could hold one street keep it clear and just move down it firing down every road, its like making a sandbox shooter linear.

i want to have to worry about checking windows rooftops doorways, ambushes. not just whats around the next corner

I understand Vics point, when making some hamlet and towns on Aiaktalik, problem with building them is you don't want to have it so structured that its just a grid. Link compunds and buildings together by making them traverse through another building or on a roof to get there. Have vantage/strategic points that are hard to hold but offer a great base of fire position. Think about fire and maneuver and model rubble or debris accordingly.

exactly

ok this debate is good, what i have is nieborhoods the size of about half of avgani, 90 percent have walls around the yard, just like the real fallujah

i think the question is. would you rather have a maze? or would you rather...do a barrel role?

Screw mazes, I know what team I'm on.

do_a_barrel_roll_tshirt-p2358449672532539034cgi_400.jpg

Screw mazes, I know what team I'm on.

bout 3 months

Edited by W0lle
quoted image

What part of Fallujah are you actually modelling? How are you dealing with the Mosques as Fallujah is known as the city of mosques? IS almost every house a fortress like they really are in that part of Iraq? Please do this map justice brother

What part of Fallujah are you actually modelling? How are you dealing with the Mosques as Fallujah is known as the city of mosques? IS almost every house a fortress like they really are in that part of Iraq? Please do this map justice brother

oh believe me i know what im doing, about 4/5 of the houses are fortreses, i plan to have 10 mosques even though falujah has like 200, im building the entire city actualy, it might be a wghile but just know its comming and it aint happy, bad city here lol i love playing it even unfinished

Edited by quincy

wow good news quincy! have a proper fallujah map is a must have for any arma2 palyer haha!

oh believe me he knows what he is doing. :raisebrow:

Edited by Binkowski

wow good news quincy! have a proper fallujah map is a must have for any arma2 palyer haha!

yes, this could be the key to the millitarys use of it over vbs2

oh believe me he knows what he is doing. :raisebrow:

lol thanks

yes, this could be the key to the millitarys use of it over vbs2

interesting indeed...

just by even what i know now about reading this thread, i wont be disapointed at all! good luck man.

Dave,

im doing vegetaiton this week

maybe we can get some real screenshots of the map?

No he doesn't need to show us any. Trust me, he knows what he's doing.