Sign in to follow this  
quincy

Fallujah is comming by Operation Reality

So, is this going to be an actual map? Or just a bunch of OPX's buildings thrown into one?

So, is this going to be an actual map? Or just a bunch of OPX's buildings thrown into one?

this is my own map using a mixture of opx buildings and other buildings

Fallujah is going to be epic.

EDIT: Make all of the buildings enterable, so we can have more CQB, ect.

Amen!

That is why I love Afghan Village: all the huts are enterable, giving you so many possibilities for hding ammo cahces, civis, enemy, etc. Fireteams have to check every hut, and can get whacked if they don't.

Amen!

That is why I love Afghan Village: all the huts are enterable, giving you so many possibilities for hding ammo cahces, civis, enemy, etc. Fireteams have to check every hut, and can get whacked if they don't.

lol the first thing ima give u guys when its finished is a ai insurgency game mode where u search fallujah for caches with over 100 possiple places

So this is being done by Operation Reality? The Community? ORC?

Odd... So far nobody I know over there (I'm a member) knows anything about this.

Maybe he is new and didnt know about ORC. The name will confuse a lot though since ORC been with us ARMA players since a very long time.

Looking forward to more screens and info Quincy. :)

Maybe he is new and didnt know about ORC. The name will confuse a lot though since ORC been with us ARMA players since a very long time.

I think I know who he is (If he is ORC) but he appears to be ignoring me asking if it's him. lol ;)

What I don't understand is....why does the name matter so much that it will fill an entire page? The issue on topic is concerning Fallujah, and I'd like to know, when Quincy gets a chance, as to the entire map size, and if he's experienced or worried about computer lag or frame rates on an average computer.

I understand it is still a WIP, but Fallujah is a gigantic place in RL, all the so-called "city" streets of sludge and human waste, broken down cars, three-legged dogs, and crap like that. Avgani is apparently too much for some people's computers in A1 and A2, so I'm assuming it may be a problem to others unless Quincy has overcome this problem.

Hope so,

my armaholic name is peration reality, ill give u guys some more pics in like 2 days k

Wonderful news.

Kudos for you!!!

Best regards.

Not related. The community "Operation Reality" or "ORC" or "Operation Reality Community" is not related to the maker of this map. The mission you saw was a private mission for ORC Members. The Name is Fallujah something or other and the map is Isla Duala. It also requires 20 or so different addons. Maybe it will see a public release down the road.

I'm assuming you meant OR and not PR because I know that ORC has been running that mission frequently.

Edited by Darkhorse 1-6

It was a "funny" turn of events. Some of our members directed Bob and I to this post early in the morning.

We were impressed by the responses and so wondered who Quincy, By Operation Reality was? As an internal joke I made a mission on Isla Duala 1.3 (excellent map btw) and called it Fallujah! (Africa/Iraq) I know, I know. It was supposed to be ironic...

The mission turned into a bit of a project and spawned various versions, now complete.

Anyway, good luck Quincy, we look forward to playing your map Fallujah by Operation Reality 2!

I actually have no idea what fallujah is but on the subject of buildings, what if you made a building that has say for example 2 entrances 1 of which has a regular door, the other a door that cannot be opened, however this door would share similar strength properties to a fence and can therefor be knocked down by a small explosive.

Just an idea but it would be pretty fun on multiplayer.

can we get more details, map size etc? looks good so far, what reference are you working off of? if you build a FOB on the map, please get with somebody that has been to fallujah or somebody thats been down range, have them make you a fob or something, its tiring seeing all these unrealistic fobs looking like a hollywood encampment. also, if your willing to teach me a bit in placing objects on maps etc i will be glad to help you work on the map, i know how big fallujah is so i can see this taking a really long time if done alone, pm me and i will spare all the time i got (allot) to help you

can we get more details, map size etc? looks good so far, what reference are you working off of? if you build a FOB on the map, please get with somebody that has been to fallujah or somebody thats been down range, have them make you a fob or something, its tiring seeing all these unrealistic fobs looking like a hollywood encampment. also, if your willing to teach me a bit in placing objects on maps etc i will be glad to help you work on the map, i know how big fallujah is so i can see this taking a really long time if done alone, pm me and i will spare all the time i got (allot) to help you

already have a buddy

Hey Quincy, any ETA? Weeks\Months?

...days for beta? <3

Hey Quincy, any ETA? Weeks\Months?

...days for beta? <3

um right now its almost ready for a beta but i dk i wana do that, just that i dont want the excitmnet to end

What about closed beta-tests [like in PLA Mod case]? 8)

Btw what objects will be required? Only Opteryx's ones?

What about closed beta-tests [like in PLA Mod case]? 8)

Btw what objects will be required? Only Opteryx's ones?

well since opx is free distribution im going to include the pbos, u will proboly just need the african foilege

Cool! PM me if you would like me to take some high res screenshots of your map. I'd be more than happy! :D

Cool! PM me if you would like me to take some high res screenshots of your map. I'd be more than happy! :D

im good i can do it

I actually have no idea what fallujah is

its a city in iraq,

and if you cant utilize the buildings, why make an entire map based on a city? it is literally nothing more than a maze, the buildings could be replaced with 4 sided walls and the gameplay would still pan out to be the EXACT same

being able to fire from windows, get on rooftops, fighting from building to building, is VITAL to CQC, my two cents.