Sign in to follow this  
NSX

Red Hammer Studios addons

Thanks for the fast replies guys!

This clipping issue is something that BIS should look at. Using the T72 in A2 and beign able to clip through those little tanks in the back with the barrel turns me off. :p

Not game breaking, of course.

you can always not use the external mount :)

The BTR-70 definitely looks great and it would come in very handy since it is still in use by Russians and Former Soviet countries. Are you guys planning to release the BTR-80 as well? It would probably be even more relevant and realistic to see the Russians use it, rather than the BTR-90 that has never entered service. Even more so, it would be great to see the BTR-80A and BTR-82/82A (which is what Russian Army is buying right now) modeled in ArmA.

Peace,

DreDay

The BTR-70 definitely looks great and it would come in very handy since it is still in use by Russians and Former Soviet countries. Are you guys planning to release the BTR-80 as well? It would probably be even more relevant and realistic to see the Russians use it, rather than the BTR-90 that has never entered service. Even more so, it would be great to see the BTR-80A and BTR-82/82A (which is what Russian Army is buying right now) modeled in ArmA.

Peace,

DreDay

The story of this BTR is a long one, as far as i know Manfred made the BTR in the OFP era along with weapons and other vehicles of a similar quality that for the biggest part never were released.

Maybe some remember the RHS T-72 pack we released in the late OFP days as that was also Manfreds work.

As we not just fix in RHS, we added and edited Lods, added tons of new textures mainly camo variants, added lots and lots of decals and random numbers, random stowage like ammo crates on the sides, fixed a good number of model bugs and added things like the cargo system, effects like custom muzzle flashes and many many more.

Took a good while but now its ready and as soon as all readme translations are done it should be released.

About BTR-80, yes that is planned but so far not even a model exists, if release of the BTR-70 goes well Manfred may make one, if he decides against that im sure someoen else in our team will make one sooner or later which should also include modernized versions.

Edited by Shadow NX

Shadow NX: love your work guys, especially the Molatian camo is right on the spot!

Good news about the T-72 pack :) and any chance of one of these been added with the T-72 pack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMPT

probably no chance but it doesn't hurt to try ;)

Perfect for protecting the MBT's and convoys in towns etc

Good news about the T-72 pack :) and any chance of one of these been added with the T-72 pack

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMPT

probably no chance but it doesn't hurt to try ;)

Perfect for protecting the MBT's and convoys in towns etc

Easy there, the T-72 was just a example of quality that Manfred made in the past, we wont port it to ArmA2.

Shadow

I thought u were talking about the T-72 from here lol:

We received it a few months ago with a ok to release it as long as we fix it up and make it work perfectly in Arma2.

Dam this beer actually made me tipsy

Edited by vasmkd

Shadow

I thought u were talking about the T-72 from here lol:

Dam this beer actually made me tipsy

Right it was bit missleading, corrected it.

Good to see the RHS BTR70 variants will enter soon A2OA service! :)

Just curious if all ~80(?) BTR-90s are only in FSB or if there are some in RF?

Peace,

DreDay

Why do you want a bazillion variants of the same vehicle? Id rahter have more variety, more completly different types of russian tanks, APCs, aircrafts and so on.

Definitly like the idea of more stuff from the T- series.

Next releases in the tank sector will be Kenjis T-80s... finally :D

More variants of one vehicle is a good idea as its easy to make more from one base while making lots of different vehicles means all need own models, textures, normals etc etc.

We rather say one by one and then in many variants instead of masses of addons with a so so quality.

We rather say one by one and then in many variants instead of masses of addons with a so so quality.

I completely agree with this

Why do you want a bazillion variants of the same vehicle? Id rahter have more variety, more completly different types of russian tanks, APCs, aircrafts and so on.

So...then..you're not ok with bazilions variants of the same T-series vehicle? To my knowledge, the T-80, the T-72 Era, the T-90 and even the Black Eagle are more or less based on the T-72...

And isn't one of the purposes of modding having more variants of the same vehicle? For example, having all the BMD-2 variants is making a more realistic experience, in the field, most vehicles are modified by their users.(and with the already existing desert version of the BMD,it's all ready for OA:cool:)

I am not entirely sure what you mean by this. There are quite significant differences between the BTR-80 and BTR-80A, and even more so with BTR-82/82A. These vehicles represent the APCs that are currently used (or about to be procured) by the Russian Army and it would be nice to have them in ArmA in order to create the realistic missions. That's what I was trying to say.

Peace,

DreDay

Edited by DreDay

So...then..you're not ok with bazilions variants of the same T-series vehicle? To my knowledge, the T-80, the T-72 Era, the T-90 and even the Black Eagle are more or less based on the T-72...

And isn't one of the purposes of modding having more variants of the same vehicle? For example, having all the BMD-2 variants is making a more realistic experience, in the field, most vehicles are modified by their users.(and with the already existing desert version of the BMD,it's all ready for OA:cool:)

I correct you a small bit

T-80, T-84 and OB-640(black eagle) are evolution of T-64

T-90 is evolution of T-72

I correct you a small bit

T-80, T-84 and OB-640(black eagle) are evolution of T-64

T-90 is evolution of T-72

That's absolutely right;I stand corrected.

Next releases in the tank sector will be Kenjis T-80s... finally :D

Goodie goodie :) hopefully soon soon :yay::D

From the BTR-70 topic:

We will discuss it in the internal forums and see if anyone else is intrested in resurrecting this (BTR-152)addon.

Who knows maybe it can be done,

Well, just out of curiosity I made a quick skinjob on the @caa1-working BTR-152

If this is to be resurrected - it'd need a SERIOUS overhaul as you well see. Probably just the main hull can be salvaged, rest needs a from-scratch redoing. After all it's practically the same, 4 years old (or even older?) OFP addon - just with normalmapping

152tak.jpg 152tak2.jpg 152tak3.jpg

For that age and so forth it looks pretty good actually.... :-)

Dude, you're a perfectionist... Retexed BTR-152 looks fiiiine, don't bash you head on something 80% of players won't even ever notice :)