Sign in to follow this  
TangoRomeo

TR Soundmodules: Fixed/Rotary Wing AC & Tracked/Wheeled Vehicles

@kroky

noted. Expect a .hpp with the next release.

@DevilBass

Ty! - got carried away messing with the editor and movie maker. Future previews will be more to the point, ... i promise :D.

Some time ago i was messing with weapon sounds, but stopped working on it. With some big packages incoming from HiFi/Chammy, i´ve not decided whether or not to complete it.

Nah, feel free to make movies out of them, it was really interesting :P It gives a better feeling with the sounds while theres some other things going on.

Hi, just wanted to inform you that you've got a large amount of Updating base class errors in tracked_vehicles and wheeled_vehicles.

http://www.pastie.org/880892

Hopefully something you can fix for your next release.

Hey TR, gotta say I fell in love with your sounds - AGAIN. I've played with the Arma2 shortcuts a while ago, and found I misspelled you mod folder. Was wondering why I wasn't getting shivers when the helos attacked or a T-90 rolled past me 10 yrds away.. Found out why, fixed the problem, and have my friends saying 'Son of a...' when the CAS comes in to save my butt. Thanks... Again! lol

TR,

I have noticed I keep getting this error in my arma2.rpt.

Error in expression <factor[0.3, 1]) min (rpm factor[1, 0.3])>

Error position: <>

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

Error Missing )

I did some testing and found that it only happens when I load the TRWV mod. It doesn't seem to effect game play. It is when I check my .rpt for errors. It has been spammed to hell. What I posted is a small fraction of what is actually in the arma2.rpt.

Nomadd

Hi there,

is there any chance to see this sound mod as a single sound = single pbo version?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to use Mark's HiFi sounds at the same time, and as both SM's are extremely high quality I'd like to mix and match.

Although Marks mod is single sound, it seems TRSM always takes priority, regardless of mod order.

So any chance for that?

Cheers

Crusader

ciao I'm using a translator,

I ask what advice I saundmod for weapons use with your mod?(TR Soundmodules)

Thanks I hope I made myself understand

Hi there,

is there any chance to see this sound mod as a single sound = single pbo version?

The reason I'm asking is that I want to use Mark's HiFi sounds at the same time, and as both SM's are extremely high quality I'd like to mix and match.

Although Marks mod is single sound, it seems TRSM always takes priority, regardless of mod order.

So any chance for that?

Cheers

Crusader

Hi Crusader,

atm i´m not planning on doing modules (.pbo) on a per unit basis. If anyone wants to take on this task, feel free to do so. As stated earlier, you can use any content provided in your own project (as long as it's not commercial). I temporarily had all modding efforts on hold over an issue not connected to ArmA. There is an update to TRSM planned for the next patch, containing fixes as well as .hpp config for easy access and modification, plus a new module.

@ cremisy,

There are quite some good weapon soundmods available;

http://www.armaholic.com/list.php?c=a2_addon_sound

Because of it's single modules, give HiFi Weapons/SFX a go.

Just test them, and pick one, or mix& match several, until satisfied.

I think the sounds cut out too eraly on the RW sounds I was observing a battle from little over 500m away and you could not hear the helis strafing their targets atall. You could hear the guns firing but not the actual helo itself lol :S

What direction was the helo facing? I could be wrong in this but I believe arma2 models the sound system of how helicopters work, IE when flying or nearby above you they are the loudest because of the air direction when facing or flying away at a distance you can't due to the wind being blown away from you.

What direction was the helo facing? I could be wrong in this but I believe arma2 models the sound system of how helicopters work, IE when flying or nearby above you they are the loudest because of the air direction when facing or flying away at a distance you can't due to the wind being blown away from you.

I was looking at the helo from its right side about 500 m away, it was strafing some vehicles on the Utes airfield. Just a test of the sounds in the editor. Aside from this I think all the sounds from TR i have downloaded so far are top notch.

I just watched that vid, thats pretty weird. And the sound started to get substantially quieter when it was about 100 m away so that pretty much put me in my place on this, thanks :)

Edited by Liam!!!!

Well, I hope my ACE_SM will not have problems with this, since there are no vehicle-pbos in the ACE_SM folder. Or am I mistaken?

Is there a away to override ACE sounds like the CSM2 mod does in the userconfig?

Is there any hope of this coming to OA? Your sound mods are amazing, I've been using them since day one in A2 =)

Is there any hope of this coming to OA? Your sound mods are amazing, I've been using them since day one in A2 =)

I'd like to know this too. Couldn't be too much work adding in the few new vehicles. Most of the new vehicles in OA are coppies of the arma 2 ones with new skins anyways.

Yes we need TRSM for OA badly. I mean I'm using it anyway, but it would be really very appreciated if it would be updated to work with OA clean.

He was last active on Youtube about a month ago. Hoping he didn't give up updating everything (I remember the betas messed some things up with his sound mods with the weapons, etc I believe.), but more than likely just real life kicking in and keeping him busy. :)

Fingers crossed that he pops in to say hello at least. ;)

Check this, I edited the apache sound using BIS and tango romeo samples, from far it's nice and when it comes close you get the full power... ;)