Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

Thanks for all the positive feedback on these. I'm fixing most if not all of the reported errors so expect an updated version this weekend maybe, or next week for sure. Thanks!

Yeah yeah yeah, I'll get to work on the replacement config for you all ;).

Army National Guard here, friend ;).

Anyway, if you want them to get the rucks removed simply put the "BINK_US_Infantry_acex_cfg.pbo" in the same modfolder as the units. And it will remove the rucks. But you have to put the guys down that are under the faction "US Army Infantry (ACE)" sorry, it's kinda confusing. But it helps a lot for those who want rucks and those who don't. Sorry for the late reply also, you're post got buried and I just now found it. Hope that helps!

take note of this, Cescollino.

Bink, can you add 'ACE_Earplugs' to the Automatic Rifleman by default in the ACE config version please. I keep going deaf.

Good work on these btw.

THESE UNITS R SEX :yay:

Thanks again :p

Now you need to make some Terrorist characters muahahaha

THESE UNITS R SEX :yay:

Thanks again :p

Now you need to make some Terrorist characters muahahaha

I agree, the BIS Chenarussian Insurgents are too military for me (uniforms, etc). Most insurgents will typically wear civilian clothing so they can melt back into the civilian population. Sometimes they wear arm/head bands, like Hamas, while in contact but still something that can be easily taken off/removed afterwards. The winter/desert mercs and spec ops addons have really nice taliban and middle east terrorist insurgents that I'm currently using in my next SP mission, however.

Anyway thats way off topic -

Super nice work Bink!!! I do hope ACE soon implements these models (if they haven't already . . . I haven't updated today).

Bink, can you add 'ACE_Earplugs' to the Automatic Rifleman by default in the ACE config version please. I keep going deaf.

Good work on these btw.

Yeah will do in the next update. Thanks :).

Vary nice on them pilot's like the ACU on them. In the next update could we see an different pilot vest with the ACU? Like with more gear like the USMC one's have, its like they dont got no survival gear on them. Here is an pic of one with top gear http://www.flickr.com/photos/mephisto3/3115910692/ would love to see this gear.

Yeah I can do that. Actually I was planning on it, I just ran out of time when I was doing the first model.

i got this error with some backpaks using ace2 http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/u...arma2/sold.jpg

btw nice work bink

As DirtyDeeds posted. Run the ACEX config pbo. That'll solve all of your problems ;).

Vary nice to hear Binkowski. Can't wait to see the pilot's and the other good's in the next update. Keep it up, love the work.

some crew chiefs for helos would be nice too bink... I dont think they wear the exact same gear as pilots do.

Binkowski, i have fallen under the terrible habit of calling you Binky in reference to, well, my old binky. You see, whenever that binky showed up, something good was bound to happen. In this case, i started to notice you posting more as this was released.

In essence, im saying that you're awesome. You just gave me a second christmas.

i think these units would be nice with dcu camo too like 2003 style:bounce3:

Check the WIP thread ;).

Heya Binkowski,

Have you seen the new US Army camo being tested over in Afghanistan? You probably didn't want to hear that but I guess alot of soldiers hate it. It's called UCP pattern. Check this out. UCP Pattern Looks like they are using the "coyote brown color" within the pattern. lol

092109_swatch_UCP_Delta_800-300x258.jpg

There's a bunch of unhappy soldiers out there. http://www.customgearreport.com/main/index.php/2009/09/army-testing-new-camo/ What do you think? New camo for US Army in 2010.

that pattern is known as UCP-D (delta). UCP (universal camo pattern) just refers to the "ACU" pattern (ARPAT). It and Multicam are undergoing field tests in Afghanistan for a new US army uniform

I think that UCP would work if they just replaced the light bone tan with a darker shade of tan (similier to the USMC vest) and ditched the brown smudge. Or made the ACU so it dosnt fade so damn much.

Heya Binkowski,

Have you seen the new US Army camo being tested over in Afghanistan? You probably didn't want to hear that but I guess alot of soldiers hate it. It's called UCP pattern. Check this out. UCP Pattern Looks like they are using the "coyote brown color" within the pattern. lol

There's a bunch of unhappy soldiers out there. http://www.customgearreport.com/main/index.php/2009/09/army-testing-new-camo/ What do you think? New camo for US Army in 2010.

I have seen it, haven't worn it. Thank God. I hope I never have to, I personally do not like it. At ALL.

that pattern is known as UCP-D (delta). UCP (universal camo pattern) just refers to the "ACU" pattern (ARPAT). It and Multicam are undergoing field tests in Afghanistan for a new US army uniform

I think that UCP would work if they just replaced the light bone tan with a darker shade of tan (similier to the USMC vest) and ditched the brown smudge. Or made the ACU so it dosnt fade so damn much.

I think UCP would work if they would just leave it in the box and forget it ever existed. :)

Lol, that's freakin' terrible.

Not as bad as them trying to force-feed army troops puke-stained camouflage. Because that's what this new camo is. They pretty much took ACU and had some poor grunt puke on it. And made a pattern of it.

OMFG, are there just Fashion Soldiers in the army?

Camo does not have to look cool, it has to cover you :D

OMFG, are there just Fashion Soldiers in the army?

Camo does not have to look cool, it has to cover you :D

Yeah, and neither UCP nor UCP-D do that, hence there is a problem. It isn't "Fashion" it's common sense. So far, the Marines got it right and that's it. USAF has that stupid tiger stripe bullshit. Navy has that ridiculous Water Blue bullshit. Army has UCP.

There is a reason the Brits are moving to a Crye pattern, and it isn't fashion. There's a reason ARSOF and AFSOF wear multicam, and it isn't fashion.

*edit*

Jeez, what are you talking about, anyway? You're from Germany. Your guys have great uniforms that actually work in the environments they're being used in. We would simply like the same thing, that's all.

Yeah, and neither UCP nor UCP-D do that, hence there is a problem. It isn't "Fashion" it's common sense. So far, the Marines got it right and that's it. USAF has that stupid tiger stripe bullshit. Navy has that ridiculous Water Blue bullshit. Army has UCP.

There is a reason the Brits are moving to a Crye pattern, and it isn't fashion. There's a reason ARSOF and AFSOF wear multicam, and it isn't fashion.

*edit*

Jeez, what are you talking about, anyway? You're from Germany. Your guys have great uniforms that actually work in the environments they're being used in. We would simply like the same thing, that's all.

I work closely with the navy and airforce on a regular basis...the thinking behind their various camo choices was to "create an indentity" for their various services while also fostering a progressive look. So really, more so with the navy, it was a fashion choice. They want to rock up in port and for people to say "Hey it's the US Navy" just by looking at their uniforms. Having said that I also think they look like utter shite and I don't know of anyone in the Navy who likes them. However I guess you can understand their point. Other than the Marines and certain other Navy and Airforce units (who wear their own camo anyway) the regular Navy and Airforce units aren't in "combat" zone scenarios where concealment is a big factor so thats why they feel they can come up with some of their crazy stuff.

Anyway hopefully this thread will get back on topic a little more. :)

Wow these models are nice. They designed to replace 2009 units?

Please Bink, fix that "viewing from distance" bug. Its very annoying to look at units without helmets and so on from certain distance. Thanks. :)