Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

Version 1.04 update.

Basically, these dudes make those other guys I made look like crap. Srsly. I couldn't think of any other name except "Infantry 2008" so don't be all like "oh lulwut he makes units foar every year harharhehe". Funny. But seriously, back to businezz. They've got modern gear for the most part, MICH 2000's, IBA's, MBITR's, some new MOLLE stuff.

There's no combat patch, too many people complain about not having the one they want. So it's removed. I might add the clan thing later, when I'm you know. Not busy. And I've finally sorted the flags, for those of you who follow my stuff you know I tend to put the full color flags on, well this one has the IR flag ya bastards!

Credits & Thanks:

CameronMcDonald - Almost all that ACU-stuff is his, modified by me. And that godly IBA. Yes mate. It finally see's the light! He's the man.

Johannes - Most of the models are his (remember, I'm shit for a modeler). Provided hilarious in game moments, motivational support, and hilarious youtube videos.

NSX - There's some freakin' schweet screenshots below. And they are his doing.

Screens:

rc_1_nsx_s.jpg

rc_2_nsx_s.jpg

Download:

US Infantry v1.04

US Infantry Replacement Pack (Vanilla)

US Infantry Replacement Pack (ACE)

Changes in v1.04

- Fixed some shadow issues

- Added new smdi maps for all units

- Fixed a "floating radio" issue when using the acex config

- Fixed the missing magazine error when using acex config

- Thickened the helmets (SoulAssassin wanted this)

- Removed ANPVS14 proxy

Known Issues

- There's clipping on any unit that has goggles. It's because I thickened the helmet, nothing major.

Oh btw, I've got some other stuff I'm working on. Retro US Guys from like 2001 and stuff. I don't know if they'll ever see the light, I'm a busy dude. But, we'll see.

Usual installation, easy. Read the readme in regards to the ACEX config pbo. It's really quite simple. If you read the damn readme. And I swear by I don't know what the hell to put here, you knick Cameron's, Johannes' and my work. We'll drop you! If you wanna modify / use it. Ask, not that hard.

Haters gonna hate.

Edited by Binkowski
  • Like 1

excellent screenshots... oh the units... well they must be good too... *walks away*

:p

Great work 5/5

Good ol Bink likes teh sexy times! haha Cheers for this release Bruv!! see you on teh battlefield!!

:D

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Tell your GF hi for me (and thank you).

Oh you're happy about these ones this time? :p

haha... Bro, I need graphics like Bink's comp! :eek:

No surprises here, only the best unit addons as usual :D

Congrats on getting these out the door man!

(PS-I warned you the ACE requests wouldn't take long :p)

Wow awesome. That second screenshot is insanely epic oh my god! I LOVE IT. :D

Great work on the units, I can already tell they look much better!

Glad to see it all get released. :) I spent too long on that ACU IBA to have it languishing forever. Nicely done, Bink.

AMAZING work, you've truly out done yourself. As a former soldier I can vouch for the authenticity in these models. Really great stuff! I always click on a new Binkowski thread in anticipation ;)

One question though:

I added the ACE files but the units still have rucks . . . one guy has two rucks!

hi, nice work.

but i noticed some shadow issues that causes lag.

and is it possible to upgrade the texture settings? i think it might still be using arma1 scales.

also, the helmet looks a bit thin:

thini.jpg

comparison:

ACH.jpg

haha... Bro, I need graphics like Bink's comp! :eek:

The screenshots were taken and edited by NSX. Note the water mark in the bottom left and right hand corners. ;)

Awesome looking units, Bink. Will test ASAP.

Excellent work Binkowski.

This is no doubt my favourite units so far - But damn this is pure quality.