Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

Thanks for this great work Binkowski :-)

These units are very special!!

Just one little suggestion: Please dont drop the 09er from ACE, i want both Army Units on ACE 8-)

Hey everybody, thank you for all the positive comments and suggestions.

@SA and zachanscom

Yeah it's an issue. I might fix it later down the road, thanks for telling me!

@11aTony

That was something I changed when I made the ACEX config for these guys. It can be changed back however.

@Laqueesha

You might :rolleyes:

By the way, if anyone wants to write a replacement config feel free to PM me.

Nice units. I will certainly use them If (when) there is a replacement config.

Thanks for the work you put into this.

Yeah yeah yeah, I'll get to work on the replacement config for you all ;).

AMAZING work, you've truly out done yourself. As a former soldier I can vouch for the authenticity in these models. Really great stuff! I always click on a new Binkowski thread in anticipation ;)

One question though:

I added the ACE files but the units still have rucks . . . one guy has two rucks!

Army National Guard here friend ;).

Anyway, if you want them to get the rucks removed simply put the "BINK_US_Infantry_acex_cfg.pbo" in the same modfolder as the units. And it will remove the rucks. But you have to put the guys down that are under the faction "US Army Infantry (ACE)" sorry, it's kinda confusing. But it helps a lot for those who want rucks and those who don't. Sorry for the late reply also, you're post got buried and I just now found it. Hope that helps!

Edited by Binkowski

Hy Bink

a small bug report ;)

The Rifleman has a bug in to "ViewPilot" lod, on the Textures of the Radio.

7k3hh1cmagma.jpg

And the "RTO" Soldier has a bug.

p82q9emjyec.jpg

Thanks for the report christian. That's a damn UV mapping issue . I hate those. Expect an update.

Any chance of seeing some US pilots? Vary good work on this.

Edited by 1in1class
need

Any chance of seeing some US pilots? Vary good work on this.

There should be pilots in this. At least, I'm pretty sure I included them...

Fixes needed:

1.Back packs do not sit straight on shoulders when standing

2.Shadow bugs

3.Helmets are too thin

4.Pants need to be tucked in to their boots (looks gay hanging over boots)

Thats all I can see right now... :p

Cheers

Ahh i see i was looking in the other US Army. I see them looks vary nice. For the bug thing as above with Solarghost.

Fixes needed:

4.Pants need to be tucked in to their boots (looks gay hanging over boots)

Cheers

When you're in 120 degree heat you untuck your boots to get some better air flow in the pant legs ;)

Regarding the pilots and crewmen. That Brown BDU uniform you used for them actually looks really awesome. It also fits the environment in Isla Duala perfectly. Any chance if your not too busy making a few units using that sort of Brown BDU? It looks really cool in my opinion.

Im really liking these units despite a few bugs such as the glowing textures and the blurry textures from upclose.

One thing to note is Im happy about finally having a proper US Army Officer with the Army Cap and such. I'd have to use Schnaps desert mercenaries guard unit because that was the only thing that resembled a high ranking US Army Officer.

So great work! Keep it up!

Regarding the pilots and crewmen. That Brown BDU uniform you used for them actually looks really awesome. It also fits the environment in Isla Duala perfectly. Any chance if your not too busy making a few units using that sort of Brown BDU? It looks really cool in my opinion.

Im really liking these units despite a few bugs such as the glowing textures and the blurry textures from upclose.

One thing to note is Im happy about finally having a proper US Army Officer with the Army Cap and such. I'd have to use Schnaps desert mercenaries guard unit because that was the only thing that resembled a high ranking US Army Officer.

So great work! Keep it up!

The NOMEX flight suit? Well I would but, us regular ground pounders don't wear them :). Now the Marine's they do. But they're just nuts, what else is new. Also, the glowing textures in an ArmA HDR issue, I have no control over that. Texture blurring / low quality is something I'll look into. But that is usually client side. And you mean the Beret? Well, I guess I could do something like that. If I have time...;).

When you're in 120 degree heat you untuck your boots to get some better air flow in the pant legs ;)

Well to be honest we just have zips on the insides of our pants, so we don't have to tuck in then un tuck lol

Thanks for the report christian. That's a damn UV mapping issue . I hate those. Expect an update.

No Problem Bink, your Units are always NICE. I know that the UV Mapping is not easy.

Edited by SyNcRoNiCzZ

Well to be honest we just have zips on the insides of our pants, so we don't have to tuck in then un tuck lol

The US Army looked at many different "tactical" designs when deciding over the new uniform, including combat apparel with zippers, built in knee pads, and what not, but they went with what was cheapest :)

@11aTony

That was something I changed when I made the ACEX config for these guys. It can be changed back however.

Yes, please change it back. Very nice units though.