Sign in to follow this  
Binkowski

US Infantry - 2008

cool, no problems. I checked it out this morning and it works fine now! thanks for the upload bink, great job (if only the goggles didnt clip :p), another quick thing bink, what do you use to create a normal map? mine always end up uber stone like!!! i tried to alter yours to add belt loops and the flag in 3d and for some reason it lost all its softness and turned jagged and crazy, if you could help me i would appreciate it (i use photoshop cs4 with the normal map filter and then transfer it to texview2)

Edited by daveygary1979

Beautiful Units, great stuff!

One of my favourites, thanks for these! :D

cool, no problems. I checked it out this morning and it works fine now! thanks for the upload bink, great job (if only the goggles didnt clip :p), another quick thing bink, what do you use to create a normal map? mine always end up uber stone like!!! i tried to alter yours to add belt loops and the flag in 3d and for some reason it lost all its softness and turned jagged and crazy, if you could help me i would appreciate it (i use photoshop cs4 with the normal map filter and then transfer it to texview2)

hey, yeah sorry about the goggle clipping. i might fix it later although it's not a major issue. when i normal map i use pixplant, or cbump for the main uniform, body armor, and gear. for arm patches and flags i use the nvidia filter in ps. make sure when you're doing the uniform normals that you use the bottom underlayer (usually a grayscale) for the normal map. you don't want to normal the pattern. that'd just be messed up.

Bink, A problem with your recent ace units update mate.

Nobody has NVGs, maybe this is intentional i dont know.

The sniper still has a backpack.

and the officer doesnt seem to work, game just crashes.

Thanks bud.

Stag

Bink, A problem with your recent ace units update mate.

Nobody has NVGs, maybe this is intentional i dont know.

The sniper still has a backpack.

and the officer doesnt seem to work, game just crashes.

Thanks bud.

Stag

strange on all of those,

regarding the nvgs : http://binkowski.armaholic.eu/ngs.jpg

i dont know why the officer is causing a crash, i couldn't reproduce this error...strange :confused:

I downloaded it straight from six updater so im sure other people must get this error.

okay sorry guys i misunderstood. i thought you were talking about the NVG (proxy) not showing, not that the units didn't spawn with NVG's in their gear. my mistake. also, regarding the officer crash i have no idea what the issue is, possibly something with them in ace because this error is not present in the vanilla version. rocko just fixed the problem, was a typo in the model.cfg.

Edited by Binkowski

Yea, not your bad.:cheers:

btw:

Excellent job. But i prefer the 2009 Units. These here are too bright for me - looks like they are made for desert maps.

I would like to see the green acu... :rolleyes:

yeah, i might do that. seems to me like the community prefers it, hell even i prefer it. it is more accurate. but, that will take time...something i don't have a lot of ;).

Yeah, great units and the hue is very good but I also think under in-game lighting they could afford to be a tad darker.

Wtf ????

2w2x2o8aer5t.jpg

On the (only) "Rifleman" is the helmet complete White :D

Missing Textures ;)

yeah christian that problem was fixed, just download the latest version.

For those using the ACE replacement pack, I've updated it here. It includes a small fix.

thanks for the update on the replacement pack. added it to the front page...

Thanks for the replacement pack, but its not working for me.

I get this error at startup:

rvbvo9.png

And then in-game, nothing is replaced...:confused:

Edit: now I probably now where the problem is, but I am curious why the hell the SixUpdate did not downloaded the acex_bink_us_acu automatically.

Edited by Pauliesss

Thanks for the replacement pack, but its not

Edit: now I probably now where the problem is, but I am curious why the hell the SixUpdate did not downloaded the acex_bink_us_acu automatically.

Does this edit mean the problem was with Six Updater?

Well the problem is, that SixUpdater did not automatically download acex_bink_us_acu from ACEX, so yeah, the problem is SixUpdater. We need acex_bink_us_acu for replacement pack to work.

I am dying to know what map those screenshots were taken in on the front page, I've been looking for some terrain like that to roll my Abrams through.

I have ace and I am pretty sure I have done everything right but this pops up when i try to play arma 2. Addon 'LAE_usa08_ace_repl' requires addon 'acex_bink_us_acu. I have looked in all the files of the download and I cant find the file. Can anyone tell me what I did wrong please?

what version of ace do you have? last time i checked 1.3 used the 2008 men, where the last version used 09