Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta *2*!

What is the situation with Beta patch build 63826? Are you guys using the beta updater? or are you still using the vanilla 1.05 updater selection and not using beta patch?

I used the vanilla 1.05 updater selection and created my own personal updater for the game just like one of the Updater video's showed to do, I ran the updater yesterday but forgot to look to see if my game showed the new beta patch, can someone tell me if it automatically will use that patch when I updated the game or no because I originally used the vanilla as my "Main" page update ??? hope this makes sense.

Who knows- what is ACE devs. official position on melee weapons like knive and etc?

Who knows- what is ACE devs. official position on melee weapons like knive and etc?

Probably won't happen, knives are rarely used in combat these days, most of the time the range is too far for it to be worthwhile. Plus, you never bring a knife to a gunfight. :p

I used the vanilla 1.05 updater selection and created my own personal updater for the game just like one of the Updater video's showed to do, I ran the updater yesterday but forgot to look to see if my game showed the new beta patch, can someone tell me if it automatically will use that patch when I updated the game or no because I originally used the vanilla as my "Main" page update ??? hope this makes sense.

you would have to either add it to your preset or use the beta preset

Meatball how would I add it properly to my preset, should I download it from armaholic and run it? or how exactly to do it through the updater? thanks in advance mate.

;1560286']maturin' date='

I'm not in your shoes, but on my screen the notice is so small and quick to disappear, it's there if I need it and reassuring if I don't.[/quote']

It's small on my screen too, but it goes without saying that Arma is geared towards clearing your screen of abstract icons. A good half of the difficulty options involve removing tags, unit cards and other interface items. It's just better to have as little as possible, especially when you have just reloaded and are scanning for targets. The most familiar message will make your eyes flicker up there for a second.

And does combat deafness have a less-serious effect sometimes where you just lose sound for a second as the speakers "fuzz up," usually without ear ringing, or does ACE break the sound sometimes.

I just found a bug. (I think)

When a player passes out inside an armored vehicle, he won't ever wake up again.

This happened to me in both CTI/Warfare and Co-op.

Hey guys, Did anyone noticed that if you kill a tank or vehicle that the some is kinda weird looking ?

what is csw for ai? I see people ask but i don't find the answer. It looks like it has something to do with weapons

Please some other confirm me these:

1. When ACE wound module is active, AI crew even in the least protected armored vehicles have a way too high survivability index (they can even climb out from eg. a BRDM after the hull being hit with HEAT 9 out of 10 times);

2. BMP-2 can take too much punishment on the front armor from 120 or 125mm HEAT and SABOT rounds

@victim913

CSW - crew served weapons, see details here:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Crew_Served_Weapons

CSW - crew served weapons, see details here:

http://ace.wikkii.com/wiki/Features_of_ACE2#Crew_Served_Weapons

Says NOTHING about how to get the AI placing the weapons etc. Love this mod but some of the recent changes have been thrown in with little or no documentation on use.

Please sort it out. Sitting here trying to get CSW for AI working and it's frustrating me.

These guys have their hands full trying to get whats out work. Be patient, and someone will post something on how to do it.

Concerning the new beta patch: Meatball how would I add it properly to my preset, should I download it from armaholic and run it? or how exactly to do it through the updater? thanks in advance mate.

Says NOTHING about how to get the AI placing the weapons etc. Love this mod but some of the recent changes have been thrown in with little or no documentation on use.

Please sort it out. Sitting here trying to get CSW for AI working and it's frustrating me.

As far as I'm aware, ACE is primarily designed with MP in mind, and therefore there is no support for AI breaking down and carrying CSW's.

If you really have to have a CSW in your squad, load the mission into the editor and make your AI squadmates playable. Then you can shift between them and set up the weapon yourself.

There may be a better way to do this, but I'm not familiar with it as I don't really play SP (unless it's the Undead Mod)

Wanted to post this here, as it is feedback on one of the tickets, and I wanted to avoid turning the issue tracker into a forum. :D ;) @ SickBoy :D

Dyslexci had the awesome bit about the dismounting camera. While it isn't as tactically important, perhaps it would also be good to have a similar setup for getting into a vehicle. Would be kinda cool to "watch" as the camera moved all the way back in a truck...

Concerning the new beta patch: Meatball how would I add it properly to my preset, should I download it from armaholic and run it? or how exactly to do it through the updater? thanks in advance mate.

You will want to install it through six updater either two ways:

1) launch six updater in main under "Please select a preset config", scroll down until you find ACE Mod (Official Beta Patch). And then execute that and it will install the beta patch and update ACE mod.

or

- launch six updater

- under configuration select presets

- edit ACE Mod (Offical Beta Patch)

- add any mods you want to be updated or installed

- select update

- then in main select execute

I think that should do it for ya and also you will have to use a shortcut with this in the target

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\beta\arma2.exe" -mod=beta;@CBA;@ACE;@ACEX

Edited by Meatball0311

Wanted to post this here, as it is feedback on one of the tickets, and I wanted to avoid turning the issue tracker into a forum. :D ;) @ SickBoy :D

Dyslexci had the awesome bit about the dismounting camera. While it isn't as tactically important, perhaps it would also be good to have a similar setup for getting into a vehicle. Would be kinda cool to "watch" as the camera moved all the way back in a truck...

I'm looking forward to using that script tonight :) sounds interesting. I expect a SpatialDismount and a SpatialMount function could be easily implemented given the EH-friendly nature of those actions :)

Please some other confirm me these:

1. When ACE wound module is active, AI crew even in the least protected armored vehicles have a way too high survivability index (they can even climb out from eg. a BRDM after the hull being hit with HEAT 9 out of 10 times);

I have noticed something like this too, altough haven't had time to narrow it down to any single mod yet. ACE seems the most likely suspect, as the problem has started occuring last week and no other mods I'm using have been updated.

At least in SP, me and any AI squad members riding a Hummer can survive a RPG hit without a scratch. Small arms fire to the passengers also seems to do no harm, altough that seems to be a bit random.

I have noticed something like this too, altough haven't had time to narrow it down to any single mod yet. ACE seems the most likely suspect, as the problem has started occuring last week and no other mods I'm using have been updated.

At least in SP, me and any AI squad members riding a Hummer can survive a RPG hit without a scratch. Small arms fire to the passengers also seems to do no harm, altough that seems to be a bit random.

Firing on vehicles without ACE wound module kills the crew/passengers pretty much times in the first shot. So it must be the ACE wound module that makes it. It is a good thing that crew and passenger can survive such impacts, but in some cases seemed a little too much crew are running away from certain destroyed vehicles (thinking about the BMP2s here particularly). I say we should examine the relationship between type of vehicle, armor protection and type of warhead and the survivability of the crew inside. I'll report my further findings here.

How about the BMP2 frontal armor? Anybody else can confirm the toughness of that? On occasions after being hit from 2 SABOT or HEAT rounds it was still able to fire its guided rockets at me :eek:

Firing on vehicles without ACE wound module kills the crew/passengers pretty much times in the first shot. So it must be the ACE wound module that makes it. It is a good thing that crew and passenger can survive such impacts, but in some cases seemed a little too much crew are running away from certain destroyed vehicles (thinking about the BMP2s here particularly). I say we should examine the relationship between type of vehicle, armor protection and type of warhead and the survivability of the crew inside. I'll report my further findings here.

How about the BMP2 frontal armor? Anybody else can confirm the toughness of that? On occasions after being hit from 2 SABOT or HEAT rounds it was still able to fire its guided rockets at me :eek:

The turret or the hull? The front hull armor is so sloped its almost horizontal, so the round may have ricocheted.

Edit: Just shot at the front armor of a BVP-2 using a T-72A. Sabot meant instant death for all the crew and usually set the thing on fire, turret and hull. Same appears to be true for HEAT and ATGM, but the HEAT Frag does not appear to penetrate the armor. It ruined the engine and set it on fire, but it took five shots to kill one of the crew and convince the others to bail out. This is apparently an anti-personnel weapon.

Edited by maturin

Hi guys

I used to use the vector 21 to find the range of the objectives using the sniper in ace 2 to adjust the sight but in the last few versions this has changed and now it dosent tell you the range.

I know you can estimate distances with the dots of the sights and with some snipers but for long shots i dont have any trusty mezod can anybody give me a few tips?

Thx a lot for the help

Pd: Ace 2 its just incredible so much fun thx a lot to the team :bounce3::bounce3::bounce3: