Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Here is my changed part of the GL4_Local.sqf in which all silenced weapons i normally use are included. You can add more weapons if you like.

// Weapons and Ammo listed in this array can heared by enemy A.I. within a range of 15 meters.

// Default: ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","B_556x45_SD","B_556x45_SD"]

GL4_Global set [35, (GL4_Global select 35) + ["M9SD","ACE_M4A1_GL_SD","M4A1_HWS_GL_SD_Camo","M4A1_AIM_SD_camo","ACE_M4A1_ACOG_SD","ACE_M4A1_Aim_SD","G36_C_SD_eotech","MP5SD","ACE_UMP45_SD","ACE_SOC_M4A1_AIM_SD","ACE_SOC_M4A1_GL_SD","ACE_SOC_M4A1_SD_9","ACE_SOC_M4A1_SHORTDOT_SD","ACE_M4SPR_SD","ACE_M110_SD","ACE_TAC50_SD","ussr_cheytacM200_sd","ffaa_Armas_ump_sd","FFAA_Armas_p90","FFAA_Armas_steyr_sl","FFAA_Armas_USPSL"] ];

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

@oldy41

What might be the cause for the message "Initialization aborted"?

Sorry but i can't remember to use a message like this...

The debug window also displays a "NULL object" for the detected player.

Yes that's correct.

The "Detected Player" will show a name of a detected unit after it was spotted by enemy A.I. as long as you was not detected by enemy A.I. it will shoe "Null Object".

@MadMike.48th

Arw you sure your config is correct?

You have several weapon classes with empty space right in the middle of the class:

"ffa a_Ar mas_ump_sd"

or

"ACE_SO C_M 4A1_AIM_SD"

Guess that's not correct becouse classes do not have blank characters.

This may will breake the whole SD weapon config of Group Link 4.

What might be the cause for the message "Initialization aborted"?

I get this message when enabling the GL4 debug option in some of my missions.

The debug window also displays a "NULL object" for the detected player.

GL4 still seems to work, but I am not surem whether I am missing something...

Thanks for any help!

A.

It might come from CBA, do you have the latest version installed v0.3.1?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Edited by Lonestar

SNKMAN thanks for the chatter, I have some things sitting around here to test, if I get it working right maybe I could PM them for the mod use?

Also .. @Madmike .. its true your config doesn't look right you need to add the missing "_" into the class names. Furthermore could you or anyone using ACE show the config class lines added for 15 meter / 50 meter & 300 meter range arrays?

I need to trawl through the class list for ACE myself but not so much time to do so if anyone else has added them, please post (or PM :) )

BTW SNKMAN the config for the latest update, can I retain my ones from the previous update .. are their many changes? I need to find a easier way to make it so updates and config updates aren't such a slog to go back through and comment out / add things.

@SNKMAN + mrcash2009

This is a old error of the forum here. If i press the EDIT button all classnames are shown correct (without spaces).

@mrcash2009

BTW SNKMAN the config for the latest update, can I retain my ones from the previous update .. are their many changes?

Well the only setting file which had many changes was the "GL4_Global.sqf" all other setting files of Group Link 4 was not edited as far as i can remember.

There should be no big changes in the future becouse now all settings are listed and sorted like i wanted to have it.

@MadMike.48th

Oh ok. ;)

Edit: @All

Well next version will detect and add "Suppressed Weapon" classes by it's own.

B.I.S. use a value in the weapon config called "fireLightDuration".

This value is 0.0 in the config of suppressed weapons.

So i simply add the classes where this value is 0.0 to the Group Link 4 suppressed class array.

Also other mod's like A.C.E. are using thouse base classes which have this value to check.

Edited by SNKMAN

Ok Madmike .. thanks for the list I will copy and paste and add those "_" back in ... damn the forums! :)

Great news on the class side of things, does that mean the opposite for non suppressed weapons? IE: a value other than 0 = a way to default any weapon to the array without config additions? I guess that would be difficult to split from long range and short range anyway.

@SNKMAN

@Hunter123

Quote:

Has anyone of you guys ever experienced a unit "leaving" your squad with its command icon disappearing and become a "squad" of its own and also this way becoming fully uncontrollable?

Hmm... Yes the "Force Move" feature is the only feature which can make something like this.

Well the "Rearm" feature will do the same, The unit which "Rearm" leave your group move to a killed unit take it's weapon and ammo and then re-group again.

I got the problem also that soldiers reunite in another group on their own. The FORCEMOVE-feature is deactivated. Is it possible to deactivate the REARM-feature in any of the sqf´s? I still found nothing...

@mrcash2009

Here you got the magazines for the weapons i added also:

"ussr_5Rnd_408","30Rnd_9x19_MP5SD","30Rnd_9x19_MP5","ffaa_9x19_UMP","ffaa_9x19_UMPSL","FFAA_507x28_p90SD","FFAA_556x45_steyr_sl","FFAA_556x45_steyr","FFAA_Armas_USPSL","FFAA_9x19_pistolaSL"

Please remove the space that occurs at "FFAA_507x28_p90SD" on your own. In the edit-sight it is still not there - damn...

Cash and Snakeman,

Thanks,

I will try out GL4 script version tonight. I look forward to seeing it in action.

Snakeman:

Please explain me "fries" i don't know what it means.

French Fries!:)

Is it possible to deactivate the REARM-feature in any of the sqf´s? I still found nothing...

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Rearm:
     // Choose if enemy A.I. should be able to rearm if they are running out of ammo.
     // True / False, default is True
       // GL4_Global set [26, False];

That what you are looking for? Reference: GL4_Global.sqf

Gnome

@Gnome

The enemies should rearm themselves. That´s still ok. I´m searching for friendly-ai to not rearm, because they are leaving my squad in the meantime.

Do you found the rearm-entry for friendly (not enemy) ai?

@mrcash2009

Great news on the class side of things, does that mean the opposite for non suppressed weapons?

Nope only suppressed classes will be detected and added automatically.

@Coyle[506th PIR]

French Fries!

Hmm... no so fare they are not available. :)

@MadMike.48th

No so far bouth enemy and friendly do use this i have to add a 2. option to disable it friendly or enemy A.I.

@SNKMAN

So this means if i disable enemy-rearm-feature that will deactivate the rearm-feature of friendly soldiers, too?

If that´s right i´m going to deactivate it until a new version of GL4 comes along with rearm-feature for both sides. ;-)

@MadMike.48th

No so far bouth enemy and friendly do use this i have to add a 2. option to disable it friendly or enemy A.I.

I almost got back in time to answer something correctly! Beat again by the mighty SNKMAN! :D

So this means if i disable enemy-rearm-feature that will deactivate the rearm-feature of friendly soldiers, too?

Believe that is correct Sir.

Thanks for the extra ammo list much appreciated sir :)

Yes to split rearm for both enemy & friendly would be flexible.

Hi SNKMAN.

I'm having some strange problems when actually not using GL4.

(OK, this already sounds strange...^^)

I've disabled the CBA Initialize in GL4_Core.sqf, so the way I understand it, there shouldn't be any GL4 features activated as long as I don't place any of the modules on the map. However, some of the GL4 features still seem to be active, like Force Move and the Get In thingy. When I start a mission, a hint message shows up that 'vehicle X is too small for group Y'. Also 'Force Move' is still present in the communication menu.

Is this supposed to be that way or did I miss something?

It might come from CBA, do you have the latest version installed v0.3.1?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6231

Yes, I have 0.3.1., and no duplicates or old ones.

I also had a look in the CBA init code, but so far I could not find that "Initialization aborted" message.

Well, whatever...

@All

Ok i will add a option to split the Rearm feature to friendly ( player ) A.I. and enemy A.I.

@Clayman

However, some of the GL4 features still seem to be active, like Force Move and the Get In thingy.

Yes that's right the "Get In" and "Force Move" are the only two fetures which will be initialized bevore the "GL4_Core" settings are checked.

So you need to disable the "Get In" in "GL4_Global.sqf" and "Force Move" in "GL4_Local.sqf" manually to totally disable all features of Group Link 4.

SNKMAN,

Is there any way to use the MLRS in the HQ Artillery feature? What about also adding a LGB/JDAM bombing runs via a similar HQ request? Or calling in CAS with Apaches/AH-1s?

Are these possible?

@Clayman

Yes that's right the "Get In" and "Force Move" are the only two fetures which will be initialized bevore the "GL4_Core" settings are checked.

So you need to disable the "Get In" in "GL4_Global.sqf" and "Force Move" in "GL4_Local.sqf" manually to totally disable all features of Group Link 4.

Ah ok. That's good to know.^^

Thanks.

@TonnyRat

Is there any way to use the MLRS in the HQ Artillery feature?

Hmm... Well yeah good request. ;)

Sounds like a lot of fun by supporting the MLRS.

What about also adding a LGB/JDAM bombing runs via a similar HQ request? Or calling in CAS with Apaches/AH-1s?

Yeah something like a "H.C. Airstrike" feature are in my mind since some time but currently i don't have the time to create such a complex feature but i'm pretty sure you will find such a feature at any point in the future.

@Sneaker-78-

Hmm the volume buttons are still not working in the latest release ?

No they are working. Just have a look at the button definition which are used by default.

May you are using the wrong keys. ;)

@Duke49th

Yeah that's a know'n bug.

It's really strange that the "Bleeding" feature gets triggered even if you don't shoot yourself.

I will dl A.C.E. 2 and check out what's going wrong there.

Normally this only should happend if you shoot in the ground right in front of you to simulate a self hit.

Any news on that?

Maybe I overread something...didn't tested it yet.

So far i was not able to get this bug.

I did everything like shown in the video but i never get the "Bleeding" while shooting the weapon.

So it's damn hard to fight a bug which do not happend. :)

Hi.

Could somebody please help me with Reinforcements GL4_Global.spf??? Please??

I don't want tons of reinforcements coming down on my ass from miles and miles away.

Something reasonable is OK for me. Reinforcements is logical, but not something insane.

Where exactly do I make the changes??:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request:

// ==============================================================

// Set this variable False to disable the Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Global set [0, False];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request Groups:

// Choose how many enemy A.I. groups can be requested as reinforcement at the same time.

// 0 - 30, default is 3

// GL4_Global set [1, 3];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request Knows About:

// Choose how much enemy A.I. must know about the target to set alert and request reinforcement.

// Note: The lower this value the faster enemy A.I. will request reinforcement.

// 0 - 3, default is 0.10

// GL4_Global set [2, 0.10];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request Courage:

// Choose the courage of the enemy A.I. groups.

// The lower this value the faster enemy A.I. will request reinforcement.

// Note: If this value is set to 0.1 then enemy A.I. will request reinforcement even if they are not overmatched by a target.

// If this value is set to 0.5 or 0.8 then enemy A.I. will only request reinforcement if they are really overmatched by a target.

// 0.01 - 1, default is 0.10

// GL4_Global set [3, 0.10];

// Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request Distance:

// Choose the distance in which enemy A.I. should be able to request reinforcement.

// Note: Enemy A.I. which had spotted a enemy will be able to request reinforcement which is within this range.

// 0 - 50000, default is 50000 meters

// GL4_Global set [4, 50000];

If possible, could someone (hold my wittle hand:rolleyes:) and show me in this post with RED color the values that need to be changed and what those values are to be??

Thanks mucho!

In the meantime, I'll be playing other games until I can get this figured out....