Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

@Bushidozeb

I guess you remove the two "//" in front of "GL4_Local set [80, False];" at artillery FX in the GL4_Local.sqf (userconfig folder):

// ==============================================================

// GL4 Artillery FX:

// Choose if the "Artillery FX" feature should be used.

// Note: This feature require the "Shell FX" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Local set [80, False];

So it looks like:

// GL4 Artillery FX:

// Choose if the "Artillery FX" feature should be used.

// Note: This feature require the "Shell FX" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

// True / False, default is True

GL4_Local set [80, False];

@bushidozeb

i guess you remove the two "//" in front of "gl4_local set [80, false];" at artillery fx in the gl4_local.sqf (userconfig folder):

// gl4 artillery fx:

// choose if the "artillery fx" feature should be used.

// note: This feature require the "shell fx" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

// true / false, default is true

// gl4_local set [80, false];

so it looks like:

// gl4 artillery fx:

// choose if the "artillery fx" feature should be used.

// note: This feature require the "shell fx" feature to reach the full range of intensity.

// true / false, default is true

gl4_local set [80, false];

thanks =)

I retry to create an another mission --> and no problem at the begin

I put another unit linked with High command modul (BIS) and the error come !!! :confused:

Is it possible that GL4 has problem with the high command??

@esco7800

Well not a problem i will change it to support morters too. ;)

@Cool=Azroul13

I create a mission, put some chernarusse soldier, some russian,and put system modul linked to an ennemy unit, put custom modul, put static modul both linked to some group of ennemy.

I launch mission: "error you don't link ennemy group to system modul"

Well look's like you have made everything right.

May can you upload the mission somewhere and send me the dl link so i can check it?

Is it possible that GL4 has problem with the high command??

No there should be no conflict with the B.I.S. modules and Group Link 4.

@Kroky

So don't worry everything is ok with Force Move.

Good to hear. ;)

@Bushidozeb

Are you using any other "FX" mods?

Group Link 4 really should not lag becouse the "FX" are not that heavy.

@MadMike.48th

Thanks for the help. ;)

@tedbell

Thanks. :)

The main target of this release is the "Mission Based" initialize of Group Link 4.

The "Mission Based" initialize of Group Link 4 allowes a mission designers to create a Group Link 4 mission without any required AddOns.

This means you can host a Group Link 4 mission on a global server and everyone will be able to join and play the mission.

Group Link 4 was re-written to initialize 85% of the "Special FX" features by using the "Mission Based" initialize.

The other ( 15% ) are "Special FX" features which require models and/or sounds which are only available after the given AddOn ( .pbo ) was installed.

If a "Special FX" AddOn was not installed on a client then the "Special FX" feature will be disabled local for the client.

Example:

If client “A†do not have the “GL4_Burning_FX.pbo†installed then all features which need the “GL4_Burning_FX.pbo†will be disabled for client “A†only.

If client “B†do not have the “GL4_Blood_FX.pbo†installed then all features which need the “GL4_Blood_FX.pbo†will be disabled for client “B†only.

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.85

What's New:

-------------

Fixed: "Player Burning" bug.

Enhanced: "Direction To" function.

Enhanced "H.C. Artillery" feature. All kind's of "Static Weapons" can be used. ( D30, M119, M252, 2B14 )

Make sure you choose ammo which fit's to the selected weapon in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf".

Changed: Only AddOns ( .pbo's ) which add's content ( models and sounds ) are used and checked by Group Link 4.

Added: Group Link 4 "Mission Based" initialize example mission.

Enhanced: By initializing Group Link 4 "Mission Based" only "GL4_Blood_FX.pbo" "GL4_Burning_FX.pbo" "GL4_Config_FX.pbo" "GL4_Dubbing.pbo" "GL4_Radio_Chatter.pbo" and "GL4_Sound_FX.pbo" are required to enable the given feature.

If any of thouse AddOns was not installed on the client then the feature where the AddOn was not installed will be disabled local on the client machine.

Optimized: Multiplayer synchronization.

Fixed: Several multiplayer bugs.

Optimized: "Mission Based" initialize.

Re-Wrote: GL4_System.pbo to initialize 85% of the "Special FX" features without any AddOns to enhance the "Mission Based" initialize.

Optimized: Settings of the "UserConfig\GL4" folder will not be used/recognized by initializing Group Link 4 "Mission Based". Please use the "Mission Based" settings like shown in the "GL4 Mission Based" example mission.

Enhanced: The "AddOn Based" initialize of Group Link 4 will automatically stop if a "Mission Based" initialize was started. This means that you do not need to remove/disable or delete the "@GL4" AddOn local or from your server.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Mirror:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.85 ( FileSend.com )

Enjoy!

Edited by SNKMAN

I cannot script my way out of a wet paper bag :p so for me this is the best mod out there :)

These modules are awesome man!

One cheeky request: is it possible to implement a patrol system such as the UPS style, just wondering.

Anyway thanks for you're work! i really appreciate it :D

Thanks.

Nice to hear you like the module features. :)

Well i haven't used the U.P.S. since ArmA 1 but as far as i can remember the U.P.S. was used to let groups randomly partol a specific area which was set by creating a marker.

Group Link 4 already use a patrol feature which is used by "Static Groups" which use 1 waypoint and where the waypoint type was set tho "Hold" or "Guard".

Of course this feature may could need some more tweaks. ;)

What else would be in your mind? What would you like to see enemy A.I. doing by using such a feature?

Ok you asked so im gonna ask for everything :)

Well, im thinking AI actively patrol and seek targets, and then engage or call reinforcements / Artillery once they have sighted target. would be great if they behaved as scouts rather than engage anything and everything.

I would like to setup an AI base and from that base they send random patrols around a defined perimeter maybe, maybe if they find nothing they return to base... and also if i place empty vehicles in the base they may or may not use them?

With that and the rest of your modules you've got a self contained army right there! doing manoeuvres regardless of player involvement

Thats all :rolleyes:

I would like to setup an AI base and from that base they send random patrols around a defined perimeter maybe, maybe if they find nothing they return to base... and also if i place empty vehicles in the base they may or may not use them?

Yes sound's nice. ;)

Well i will see how i can set this up.

Hi SNKMAN, I'm still on the previous version but I've noticed that the Force Move is not working properly. I'm working on a mission in which my squad tries to sneak thru while two allied squads provide the combat on our flanks. As usual, my squad decides to stop moving when it hears all of the gunfire, but now when I use Force Move, I see them actually running the other way, about 200m or so before I "regrouped" them. Happens almost everytime and at first I thought it was SLX, but after removing it I have the same problem.

Will BI ever fix this stubborn AI :(

Edit- I checked via Troopmon and my squad had run 300m+ back to the civilian boat (and boarded) we had arrived in. Once I ran back there, they instantly regrouped to me. It seems this only happens in those "frozen" moments during combat when the AI refuse to listen.

Editx2- I'm also running latest ACE and never thought that could be the problem but it may be. I can't play that mission without ACE as all of the guns are already ACE-icised, but in a similar setup mission without it, I haven't seen the problem yet. Sorry to send you on wild goose chase :D

Edited by froggyluv

Yes sound's nice. ;)

Thats great man, cheers :D

thanks for the changes with Static Weapons now I can use morters and have a real civil war thanks

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:46 AM ----------

and is there away to add mobile artillery and maybe if you can add a module for the use of Paratroopers and one for air strikes but anyway great job once again you help people like me who hate scripting thanks

Yes sound's nice. ;)

You might have a look at how it is done in UPS and UPSMON. The features in these scripts are quite impressive, but I think they they interfer with GL4 to some degree. So it really would be great to merge the functionality into one common AI mod.

That really would make my day!

Many thanks in advance ;)

A.

I've updated the Group Link 4 Special FX Edition to v.1.1.85 ( Full ) in our Community Repo.

Download/Update with Yoma's Addonsync from Kellys Community Mods/Addons Repo

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

How to use Yoma AddonSync -> http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/forum/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=3212#p27746

@SNKMAN

I got a question about the GL4_Global.sqf:

// Enemy A.I. Advancing Weapons:

// Choose which weapons and ammo should be heared by enemy A.I. within wich range.

// Note: Weapons which are not listed in thouse arrays can heared by enemy A.I. from the "Rifle Distance" distance.

// Weapons and Ammo listed in this array can heared by enemy A.I. within a range of 15 meters.

// Default: ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","B_556x45_SD","B_556x45_SD","ACE_M4A1_GL_SD"]

// GL4_Global set [35, (GL4_Global select 35) + [] ];

1. Is it possible to add SD-weapons (like i added the ACE_M4A1_GL_SD) in the "Enemy A.I. Advancing Weapons"-array? I want to add some weapons like the Tac50 SD because i think if i didn´t the weapons will be handled like normal rifles with an acoustical range of 600m or am i wrong?

2. And if i am right, do i have to delete the two "//" in front of

// Default: ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","B_556x45_SD","B_556x45_SD","ACE_M4A1_GL_SD"]

also?

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

Thx for the new version!

Put it on our scripts section at Assault Mission Studio.

dlicon.gif

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition [1.1.85] by SNKMAN

After this new uppdates, the game frezes for 2 seconds in the begining of a mission, only tried on chernarus map. and one more question. Shall i delete the old .pbo that are not included in the new uppdate?

---------- Post added at 04:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:19 PM ----------

Now i have tried some ways, The first time you start a game/mission and after the text "group link 4 special fx initialized" the game frezes for like a sec. It happends on the chernarus map when playing in editorn.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:52 PM ----------

I love this mod but one thing i don´t like. That in mission and campaigns all enemy groups may not stay in there position. Becuase when you engange a enemy group in som part of the island. Then all the other enemy groups on the island come as rienforcements. it´s good but make tha mission boring. becuse when you are moving to another missonobjectiv there are no enemy left in that position. Becuse they allready been killed in the other location =(. Is there some way so the not interfere and stay put?

Edited by Bushidozeb

^^^ yes, go into your Arma2/Userconfig/GL4/GL4Global and open it up with a text editor.

Inside you'll find all kinds of settings including reinforcements which you can either turn off or set new parameters (range;courage etc...)

You can simply change some parameters like:

1. Only 1 group of reinforcements at time.

2. Time (increase) until they call the reinforcements

3. Courage until they will overmatched and call reinforcements

4. Distance (increase) from where they can call the reinforcements.

5. Size of group they can call as reinforcements

Okey thanks, trying to make a campaing/mission and not so fun to play when everybody allready is dead =). Is there some way so you can change it in different mission, like in the editorn by scripts? so in one mission they call for exampel 5 groups and for one mission none, witchout going out and change for every mission.

Okey thanks, trying to make a campaing/mission and not so fun to play when everybody allready is dead =). Is there some way so you can change it in different mission, like in the editorn by scripts? so in one mission they call for exampel 5 groups and for one mission none, witchout going out and change for every mission.

Yes, you can load your GL4_Global directly into your mission so that it overides default settings. Haven't tried it though, look thru this thread and there's code for that somewhere.

Yes, you can load your GL4_Global directly into your mission so that it overides default settings. Haven't tried it though, look thru this thread and there's code for that somewhere.

Allright thanks =) you have been very helpful, I will do that.

@froggyluv

I'm still on the previous version but I've noticed that the Force Move is not working properly.

Well i use no other script based mod's besides Group Link 4 and to me the "Force Move" feature always works like it should.

But of course there always can be a situation i which was not happening to me so far and becouse of that i don't have recognized this part in the feature.

You say that you have started in a vehicle ( boat ) may i should try this too and see what happend. ;)

@esco7800

and is there away to add mobile artillery

Guess this would really overdo the use of the feature.

@oldy41

You might have a look at how it is done in UPS and UPSMON. The features in these scripts are quite impressive, but I think they they interfer with GL4 to some degree.

Yes this truely could be.

Well i will try to create a feature which makes A.I. partoling and with a easy setup.

@Cross

Many thanks for hosting.

@MadMike.48th

Is it possible to add SD-weapons

Yes of course but you have made something wrong. :)

Example:

// Enemy A.I. Advancing Weapons:
// ================================================== ============
// Choose which weapons and ammo should be heared by enemy A.I. within wich range.
// Note: Weapons which are not listed in thouse arrays can heared by enemy A.I. from the "Rifle Distance" distance.

// Weapons and Ammo listed in this array can heared by enemy A.I. within a range of 15 meters.
// Default: ["M4A1SD","MP5SD","M9SD","MakarovSD","B_556x45_SD", "B_556x45_SD"]
GL4_Global set [35, (GL4_Global select 35) + ["ACE_M4A1_GL_SD"] ]; 

Okay the weapons which are listed in Default:

are already in the array. It only shows which weapons i already have added by default.

You should only edit the line with the "GL4_Global" at the beginning.

The other lines are only text which i use to explain things they do nothing.

And if i am right, do i have to delete the two "//" in front of

Yes that's right. ;)

But like explained above please do not remove them from

it will give you a error.

please remove them from

GL4_Global set [35, (GL4_Global select 35) + ["ACE_M4A1_GL_SD"] ];

that's the correct line.

@Foxhound and Imutep

Thanks for the news and mirror.

@Bushidozeb

After this new uppdates, the game frezes for 2 seconds in the begining of a mission, only tried on chernarus map.

I did not notice that so far. How big is the mission? How much enemy A.I. groups are you using?

Shall i delete the old .pbo that are not included in the new uppdate?

Yes you can delete them but i would recommend to use the latest version only so delete the whole old "@GL4" folder and install the latest one.

I love this mod but one thing i don´t like. That in mission and campaigns all enemy groups may not stay in there position. Becuase when you engange a enemy group in som part of the island. Then all the other enemy groups on the island come as rienforcements

Have you already tryed the "Group Link 4: Static" module?

enemy A.I. groups which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Static" module can not be requested as reinforcement but can request other not "Static" groups as reinforcement.