Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

I start to worry a little bit. Didnt see any post from SNKMAN for days...

Are you ok SNKMAN?

Hey guy's. :)

Sorry for not replaying for some day's but currently i can't support Group Link 4 like i would like to do.

The reason is that i have to take care about some ppl in my real life and this makes my time to develope and replay very small.

I strictly have to choose what should be first ArmA 2 or other important things.

So currently there are some things which are more important to me like ArmA 2 but times will change and i will return in my known strengh to support you all guy's. ;)

Sorry about that...

@Ben Endless

What is this "auto-initialize" actually starting up?

There is no different by initializing Group Link 4 by using "Modules" or using "C.B.A." bouth ways do initialize exactly the same way.

All settings which was made in "GL4_Core.sqf" will be checked by bout ways of initializing.

To me everything works fine if i disable settings of the "GL4_Core.sqf".

@[GIBF]-BadBoy

I did not spend much codes to display the "Group Link 4 "Default" Initialize Done".

The message will be displayed if the player is local and after the mission time is more then 0 so directly after a mission was started.

In multiplayer a mission starts in the briefing which means the message already was displayed bevore you are in the mission and get controle over the unit.

It's only a workaround for mission designers which use the editor to show them what's going on.

If everything works fine in the editor then everything should be ok in multiplayer too.

Group Link 4 use several systems to make sure everything will be initialized correctly in single and multiplayer so don't worry if the message is not displayed in multiplayer. ;)

I strictly have to choose what should be first ArmA 2 or other important things.

Sorry about that...

That's nothing to be sorry about after giving us so much to play with allready. Just take care of whatever you need to :)

Besides, without you posting answers to our questions every few hours finally gives us an opportunity to try and figure bits of GL4 out ourselves. Now where did I put those skill sets... :D

i think the ace vehicles are not supported, how can we update that other vehicles use the radio chatter?

tnks

Well so far each vehicles of the class "Tank" and "Air" use "Radio Chatter".

I guess A.C.E. 2 use thouse base classes too. So they should work with A.C.E. 2 vehicles.

Well so far each vehicles of the class "Tank" and "Air" use "Radio Chatter".

I guess A.C.E. 2 use thouse base classes too. So they should work with A.C.E. 2 vehicles.

ok i tested in the editor and all vehicles with radio chatter works!

But on my dedi it won`t work.

@Sneaker-78-

Well it should work on a dedicated server the same way like in the editor, becouse the "Radio Chatter" feature is local to the player.

Make sure that the engine of the vehicle is turned on.

First off GL4 is an absolute gem, completely transformed Arma.

Second could you please improve the way AI is behaving under fire ? I've often noticed them getting slaughtered because instead of running to cover they walk aiming down the scope. I think it would make a world of a difference.

Anyway terrific work regardless.

@Sneaker-78-

Well it should work on a dedicated server the same way like in the editor, becouse the "Radio Chatter" feature is local to the player.

Make sure that the engine of the vehicle is turned on.

strange, i have the eninge on , i update gl4 maby that works

After downloading a mountain of updates (things get a lot more updates and bigger file sizes faster even after 2 weeks away from things) .. I will grab this new version and play to death.

Nice to see the AI enhancements with the back blast, that's a great idea and fix for the back blast feature. Don't even know about the high command additions, totally going in blind and hoping to be impressed (I will be, its obvious) ... keep up the impressive work SNKMAN :)

Hey I'm not sure if this mod is causing it, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Has anyone of you guys ever experienced a unit "leaving" your squad with its command icon disappearing and become a "squad" of its own and also this way becoming fully uncontrollable?

@Hunter This is what happens with the "Force Move" action. Not sure how it relates to your problem though. I've not had it happen to me except through Force Move.

hm yes i understand how the force move feature works, but I'm sure this hasn't got anything to do with it. maybe i'll just reinstall arma for a change...

I also have seen this happen. For example, I ordered 4 machinegunners to run to a certain spot. They each leave the squad, run to the position and then re-join. It is working like force move without actually selecting it.

Edit:

It seems to only happen when in auto-combat mode for me.

Edited by aeggwards1
New Info

ok i have it working ,realy great mod !

only i can`t volume up or down (numpad 8,2) ?

Edited by Sneaker-78-

@mrcash2009

Thanks a lot. ;)

Glad you like it.

@Hunter123

Has anyone of you guys ever experienced a unit "leaving" your squad with its command icon disappearing and become a "squad" of its own and also this way becoming fully uncontrollable?

Hmm... Yes the "Force Move" feature is the only feature which can make something like this.

Well the "Rearm" feature will do the same, The unit which "Rearm" leave your group move to a killed unit take it's weapon and ammo and then re-group again.

@aeggwards1

Check my answewe above.

Strange that it happend with 4 units at the same time?

Well i will check whats going on there.

@Sneaker-78-

Glad you could fix things by your own. ;)

only i can`t volume up or down (numpad 8,2) ?

Yes thats a knows bug and will be fixed in the next version.

Thanks for all the feedback guy's.

@SNKMAN

I usually use the norrin-revive-script in my missions and want to keep that. But when i use GL4 too and get hurt i got the "heal-button" from the norrin-script and the "first aid-button" from gl4. Also when someone dies he is dead and respawns immediately instead of being unconscious with the chance of revive (revive-script!).

How can i solve this problem to use them both. I thought the easiest way would be to deactivate the first aid-features in an *.sqf of the userconfig-files. But i dont find an entry regarding the firstaid-feature in global-,core- or local.sqf. Also i cant find something like respawn-method or something like that.

Could you please tell me if it is possible to use GL4 with the revive script (and how)?

Edit: Problem fixed

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

can I use morters with the HC Request Artillery? it seems not to work with morters

sry guys can anyone help me how to get GL4 running on my Dedi Server ?

I uploaded it on the dedi server and it runs on command line after ACE mods

I tried everything enabled CBA initilation or i tried to add the system modul etccc... and when i play on Dedi server a mission with it it wont work.

Also any way i can disable the player marker client side on my missions so they dont see positions ?

Edited by tobmic

Hi SNKMAN,

Well, what about what we were talking about last week in page 117?

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=92269&page=117

Could you tell me how to change the value for the numbers of soldiers in a group plz? (when you call a reinfort, if the group is less than 7 soldiers, they call a second group, i would like to determinate myself this number plz)

And second, to change the COMBAT mode when you call reinfort and that make AI running like dumb foward us?

Regards