Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Hey,

I tried your Demo mission for the artillery and two things;

1) Is that minute count right, 236 minutes for another go :P ?

2) Typo, Bevore / Before :)

GL4ArtyBug.png

Yes that's correct.

The time delay is used to not give unlimited Artillery support.

You know it may could be really boring for other players if a player request one artillery support after another.

You can change the delay in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf".

// High Command Artillery Fire Pause:
   // Choose after which amount of time artillery should be available to be requested in again.
   // 0 - 1000, default is 240
     // GL4_High_Command set [13, 240];

Remove the "//" and change the number after the index ( 13, ) to what you want.

240 means 4 minutes delay so 60 = 1 minute delay.

Example: 30 second delay.

// High Command Artillery Fire Pause:
   // Choose after which amount of time artillery should be available to be requested in again.
   // 0 - 1000, default is 240
      GL4_High_Command set [13, 30];

Oh yeah, wasn't questioning the delay, just the time - 236 minutes for me is a very long time, I didn't know I was supposed to down-convert it :)

Thank you.

@snkman yes i guess your right that may over do it a bit but how about Paratroopers and one for air strikes modules?

@froggyluv

@Bushidozeb

I did not notice that so far. How big is the mission? How much enemy A.I. groups are you using?

Yes you can delete them but i would recommend to use the latest version only so delete the whole old "@GL4" folder and install the latest one.

Have you already tryed the "Group Link 4: Static" module?

enemy A.I. groups which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Static" module can not be requested as reinforcement but can request other not "Static" groups as reinforcement.

with the frezing i only had one enemy group to try it that was all. And is only on time then you can load the mission and some most often there will be no frezing. I can try more differnt maps and so. I come back with that.

No i havent tried with the static, thanks for saying =). It was just that if i relese the campaign i will everybody may be able to play it. with or without the GL4 =) but how don´t want to use GL4 ;)

@Sethos

Not a problem. :)

@esco7800

How about Paratroopers and one for air strikes modules?

You mean like the "High Command" features?

Yeah a Airstrike High Command feature for the player is in my mind since some time.

Paratroopers already can be used with the "High Command Reinforcement" feature.

Simply create a helicopter with some units in the cargo.

Then create the "Group Link 4: High Command Reinforcement" module and synchronize a player and the helicopter with the module.

After the helicopter was requested by the player it will fly to the position of the player and drop all units in the cargo.

@Bushidozeb

with the frezing i only had one enemy group to try it that was all.

Hmm... That's strange.

Well i always use utes becouse it need way less time to load and it runs perfect on my pc.

I already had some tests on chernarus but so far without any freeze. I will go and check some missions on chernarus to see what happend.

Edited by SNKMAN

Is there some way to make a friendly ai group that not the player is in to call in artillary and rienforcement. and not only enemy ai? =) i am a noob i now =)

Edited by Bushidozeb

No the features are used by enemy A.I. only.

thanks this mod is great looking forward to the next up date

@froggyluv

Well i use no other script based mod's besides Group Link 4 and to me the "Force Move" feature always works like it should.

But of course there always can be a situation i which was not happening to me so far and becouse of that i don't have recognized this part in the feature.

You say that you have started in a vehicle ( boat ) may i should try this too and see what happend. ;)

Lets see if I can explain without confusing you nor myself.

It seems that the reason they went back to the boat was that there was an unfufilled Get Out order - meaning I had them disembark at a different point then the one placed in the mission. Why they chose to act like I was dead though, I don't know. Recently, I've been having major problems with CBA, which I have always used. It's probably a conlict with maybe CBA and other individual mod's EEH's, I don't know.

Another thing, without the GL4+CBA auto init that I'm so used to, if I place an enemy squad synched to GL4 System+SFX, shouldn't the Force Run + HQ option be avaiable to me because it's not showing up?

It seems that the reason they went back to the boat was that there was an unfufilled Get Out order - meaning I had them disembark at a different point then the one placed in the mission. Why they chose to act like I was dead though, I don't know.

Well this explains it. ;)

If you use the "Force Move" ( Leader ) option to let your units re-group after a "Forve Move" was used then the units will automatically re-join after they are closer then 10 meters.

if I place an enemy squad synched to GL4 System+SFX, shouldn't the Force Run + HQ option be avaiable to me because it's not showing up?

Yes it should. Guess you are alone in the group?

The "Force Move" and "H.Q. Radio" features will be added ( activated ) after you group has 2 units min. including yourself.

Else there would be no one which you could order to use the features.

Edit: You don't need to synchronize anything to the "Group Link 4: Special FX" module.

It's enough that you simply create it.

If you use the "Force Move" ( Leader ) option to let your units re-group after a "Forve Move" was used then the units will automatically re-join after they are closer then 10 meters.

I used Force Move Leader but they ran 300m south to the boat and only rejoined me after I ran after them -force follow :p

I guess the question is why did they go towards a far away waypoint during a Force Move request.

The "Force Move" and "H.Q. Radio" features will be added ( activated ) after you group has 2 units min. including yourself.

Else there would be no one which you could order to use the features.

Hmmm, not working without the CBA for me. I'm in a group with System linked to enemy but no option under Communications menu -I'm uploading video now...

Umm... well look's like i have found the problem by not using C.B.A.

C.B.A. do automatically initialize all B.I.S. functions so by not using the C.B.A. the functions will not be initialized.

To add the "H.C." features of Group Link 4 to the communication system some of the B.I.S. functions are required which of course can not be used becouse by default they will not be initialized... :rolleyes:

So i have to initialize the B.I.S. functions when Group Link 4 is initializing without C.B.A.

Oh guess the next update will not take that long. :D

Edit: You can initialize the B.I.S. functions by simply creating the B.I.S. "Function Manager" module and it will work again without C.B.A. :p

Edited by SNKMAN

Functions Module did the trick!

Way to go SNKMAN, don't know how you pull off all of this coding voodoo in that Snake tower of yours :pc:

SNKMAN just thought I would log in and praise this again :)

Loving it all my friend, in the poll the one I didn't tick is effects/audio (but love the radio chatter thats a must).

Speaking of radio chatter ... BTW I may be wrong here, the "HQ Radio" feature is a nice touch. Although have you thought of maybe using a different pool of radio comms chatter for this? There is a thread here that has new comms chatter. Also the radio volume I set in the config for default and the volume keys don't seem to effect the HQ radio ... can this be fixed? Or am I wrong? A default volume config for HQ radio would be good enough. BTW I tested by lowering the value in config and HQ radio was the same, but in vehicles it was very low.

Also the reinforcements opens up another thought. Have you ever looked at Mando's scripts for Arma1 : http://www.ofpec.com/ed_depot/index.php?action=details&id=524&game=ArmA&type=sc&cat=we

There are some sweet features for reinforcements that simply spawn under an array of man type, weapon supply with crate type .. what craft to use, whether it be air drop or landing, whether they just reinforce or actually join your squad, all this via config settings for the array. Basically this approach would open up GL4 reinforcements to have them do much more and without having physical units on the map (saving some processing too). Its works a lot like GL4 with the config values being the setup for it. Have a look at the scripts and config mate, would add some serious power to the features you have already. This is of course if you wanted to do that :)

Edited by mrcash2009

Mandoble should be releasing his Mando Bombs console very soon so that will help with some of your requests mrcash.

WOOHOO !

Mandoble should be releasing his Mando Bombs console very soon so that will help with some of your requests mrcash.

WOOHOO !

Well I wasn't taking anything away from Mandoble nor suggesting a copy of it, just the fact reinforcements were not spawned in GL4 mainly.

Although seeing as you mention Mandoble is looking to bring it to Arma2, it would in effect take care of that area anyway (and is some bloody great news! :yay:).

Anyway ... back on topic ... oops!

The documentation hat comes with GL4 is a little confusing to me. So I have a few questions. (Forgive me if this has been covered)

1. If I run GL4 on a dedicated server, do the clients need to run GL4 on their clients?
  2. Can I just run the Enemy AI enhancements without the Special Effects?
  3. And do fries come with this?

Thanks,

1. I dont know ...

2 ... yes, you switch off effects in the config by commenting out in GL4_core.sqf

// GL4 Special FX:

// ==============================================================

// Choose if the "Special FX" feature should be used.

// Note: Set this value to False to disable the "Special FX" completly.

// True / False, default is True

// GL4_Core set [3, False];

To make false remove " // ".

3. Theres a hidden chipfat jpeg in the addons pbo :)

oustanding work Snakeman !!!

I love the radio chat... but all the rest it's wonderful !!!

@froggyluv

Functions Module did the trick!

Yeah so far a pretty simple solution. :)

@mrcash2009

Although have you thought of maybe using a different pool of radio comms chatter for this?

Yes that's right. Chatters can never be enough. ;)

I don't have a good source but you can add or overwrite the "Chatter" array very easy by yourself.

Example to overwrite add "H.Q. Radio Chatter" sounds by using a "Init.sqf":

Init.sqf

waitUntil { !(isNil "GL4_Resource") };

// This will add "West" H.Q. Radio Chatters.
GL4_Resource set [40, (GL4_Resource select 40) + ["Radio_Chatter_01","Radio_Chatter_02","Radio_Chatter_03"] ];

// This will add "East" H.Q. Radio Chatters.
GL4_Resource set [41, (GL4_Resource select 41) + ["Radio_Chatter_01","Radio_Chatter_02","Radio_Chatter_03"] ];

// This will overwrite "West" H.Q. Radio Chatters.
GL4_Resource set [40, ["Radio_Chatter_01","Radio_Chatter_02","Radio_Chatter_03"] ];

// This will overwrite "East" H.Q. Radio Chatters.
GL4_Resource set [41, ["Radio_Chatter_01","Radio_Chatter_02","Radio_Chatter_03"] ];

Of course Group Link 4 use way more array's to add/modify which i may should document.

Also the radio volume I set in the config for default and the volume keys don't seem to effect the HQ radio

Yes i already noticed that too... Well i will check it.

Also the reinforcements opens up another thought. Have you ever looked at Mando's scripts for Arma1.

No so far i have not but i will check it to see what you mean.

Group Link use a "Spawn" feature where you can spawn units/groups by using a trigger but the "Spawn" feature is still beta stage and i haven't spend very much time to it.

I would really love to improve the spawn feature but then Group Link 4 would be some kind of D.A.C. with zones and stuff and i guess there is no one in this community doing this better then silola. ;)

We will see what i will do with this in the future. :)

@Coyle[506th PIR]

The documentation hat comes with GL4 is a little confusing to me.

Hehe yeah this may could be right. Sometimes i simply explain too much instead of thelling the fact's in just one short sentence.

If I run GL4 on a dedicated server, do the clients need to run GL4 on their clients?

Well yes and no. If you use the AddOn based version ( @GL4 ) then the clients need to run the "GL4_System.pbo" in any case to initialize Group Link 4.

All other AddOns like "GL4_Blood_FX.pbo" "GL4_Burning_FX.pbo" "GL4_Radio_Cahtter.pbo" and so on are additional features which are not essential required but if a additional .pbo is missing then the feature which use the .pbo which is missing will be disabled local on the client which do not have the .pbo.

Client "A" have all additional AddOns so client "A" will have all features available.

Client "B" do only have the "GL4_Blood_FX.pbo" "GL4_Burning_FX.pbo" installed and loaded so all other additional features will be disabled for client "B" only client "A" still have all of his features becouse they will be checked and disabled only local.

Can I just run the Enemy AI enhancements without the Special Effects?

Sure please see the answere of mrcash2009.

Another way is to initialize Group Link 4 by creating the "Group Link 4: System" module in the mission.

If you use the "Group Link 4: System" module and do not create the "Group Link 4: Special FX" module then the "Special FX" features will be disabled too.

And do fries come with this?

Please explain me "fries" i don't know what it means. :p

@qawa1967

Thanks.

@Gunhawk007

Well that's pretty simple they know it becouse it's scripted.

All groups friendly to enemy A.I. are stored in a array.

After a player / enemy was detected by enemy A.I. a function will be triggered which check's all groups in the array.

The nearest to the calling group will be selected and send as reinforcement.

Of course there is way more i do but basically that's it. ;)

[

Enjoy!

would be a nice feature in future to have some control and/or intelligence about this i.e. selecting reinforcement based on whom to engage i.e. not calling a nearby inf squad when engaging a tank with some bigger stuff available, but farer away

What might be the cause for the message "Initialization aborted"?

I get this message when enabling the GL4 debug option in some of my missions.

The debug window also displays a "NULL object" for the detected player.

GL4 still seems to work, but I am not surem whether I am missing something...

Thanks for any help!

A.

anyone have a config file that includes the appropriate subsonic ammo classes to be used with ACE? i remember using a silenced UMP45 that didn't work because i don't think it's part of the default setup.