Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Ok thanks everyone I got it installed and running. Fantastic effects - great work.

One question, maybe I'm imagining it but it seems my avatar runs much faster than before and the stamina effects of ACe2 are muted when using GL4. Does GL4 override that and if so is there a way to disable that? Again, maybe I am imagining this but I just ran the same mission twice one with GL4 and Ace2 and one with Ace2 only and with GL4 the player seems to run faster and not tire.... :confused:

Maybe its the Bacardi and coke however. :)

EDIT: NEVERMIND. I just restarted the mission completely and the stamina is the same with or without GL4 running.

AWESOME MOD this GL4 and the radio chatter adds alot to the immersion. THANK YOU!

Edited by SeaVee

Excellent mod SNKMAN! Thanks for the upgrades.

Quick question: anyway to remove HC markers when you click artillery? It seems everyone suddenly sees enemy/friendly HC markers.

Also, any chance of adding different ammo type Smoke. flaires, etc) next version?

Keep up the good work!

Hey SNKMAN, thanks for all your work, but what makes an AI surrender? I killed a whole group except one guy and he was crawling and didn't shoot me and then I shot him in the legs but he still ignored me :/. Then I tried it again but he surrendered on his own. I'm stumped.

@SeaVee

Thanks nice to hear you like it. :)

@CaptainBravo

Are you talking about the 3D markers which give several informations if the mouse is over the marker?

If yes then you can disable thouse markers in "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf"

// High Command Artillery 3D Marker:
   // Choose if friendly A.I. groups should use/get a 3D marker.
   // True / False, default is True
     // GL4_High_Command set [14, False];

Also, any chance of adding different ammo type Smoke. flaires, etc

Are you talking about the enemy A.I.

No so far not.

@armydude

You can find all settings about the "Enemy A.I. Surrender" in "UserConfig\GL4\Gl4_Global.sqf"

There are many conditions which will be checked to make enemy A.I. not surrender by any chance but of course by changing thouse settings you can make enemy A.I. surrender by any chance.

GL4_Global.sqf ( Surrender )

// ==============================================================
   // GL4 Enemy A.I. Surrender:
   // ==============================================================
   // Choose if enemy A.I. should be able to surrender if they are fleeing.
   // True / False, default is True
     // GL4_Global set [50, False];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Courage Fixed:
     // Choose the enemy A.I. surrender courage.
     // Note: The higher this value the higher the chance that enemy A.I. will surrender.
     // 0 - 1, default is 0.1
       // GL4_Global set [51, 0.1];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Courage Random:
     // Choose the random enemy A.I. surrender courage.
     // Note: This value will randomly increase the "Fixed" value given above.
     // 0 - 1, default is 0.3
       // GL4_Global set [52, 0.3];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Rank Chance:
     // Choose the chance of how fast enemy A.I. with a specific rank should be able to surrender.
     // 0 - 100, default is PRIVATE: 90% | CORPORAL: 80% | SERGEANT: 70% | LIEUTENANT: 60% | CAPTAIN: 50% | MAJOR: 40% | Colonel: 30%
       // GL4_Global set [53, [90, 80, 70, 60, 50, 40, 30] ];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Group Size:
     // Choose how much units of a enemy A.I. group must be alive till a unit of the enemy A.I. group will think about surrendering.
     // 1 - 10, default is 3
       // GL4_Global set [54, 3];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Friendly Nearby:
     // Choose how much friendly A.I. units have to be nearby that the unit will not surrender.
     // Note: If there are more friendly A.I. units nearby like set here then the unit will not surrender.
     // 0 - 100, default is 5
       // GL4_Global set [55, 5];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Captive Player:
     // Choose how many captives each player can capture at the same time.
     // 0 - 10, default is 3
       // GL4_Global set [56, 3];

// Enemy A.I. Surrender Fleeing Chance:
     // Choose the chance of how enemy A.I. which already was captured by a player will try fleeing.
     // 0 - 100, default is 1%
       // GL4_Global set [57, 1];

@SNKMAN

I am very pleased by the manner how patient you are in answering all the questions from all the users. Not only is your mod brillant, but the way how you support it is amazing. This kind of mods and people, like you SNKMAN bring really quality into this community!

Hehe :D

Well really not a problem. It's my hobby and i really enjoy what i do.

I have spend so much time into the project that it would be a waste to not support it and explain all the settings and features to the community.

Back in the good old O.F.P. times ( where i was far away from modding ) i was really excited about all the work the community has spend to modify O.F.P. and to give me a really nice game which i have enjoyed for years.

Now it's my turn and i will try to give my feeling from thouse times back to the community of today. ;)

@SNKMAN

I am very pleased by the manner how patient you are in answering all the questions from all the users. Not only is your mod brillant, but the way how you support it is amazing. This kind of mods and people, like you SNKMAN bring really quality into this community!

Well said Kroky.

So very true, above and beyond in every aspect SNKMAN. Truely appreciated.

Gnome

@SNKMAN

So true. I totally agree with this.

@SNKMAN

Completely agree! GL4's complexity is quite significant and your support here makes it easy for numskulls like me to set it up properly. I wouldn't want to play ArmA2 without it! Thanks for all your efforts, SNKMAN!

@SNKMAN

Isn't that the truth! Thanks for you time!

Also, any chance of adding different ammo type Smoke. flaires, etc

Are you talking about the enemy A.I.

No so far not.

I meant the player controlled artillery. Can I as player specify what ammo type to fire on enemu position. Example fire smoke to covery my groups movoments, or flares for nght missions.

Example fire smoke to covery my groups movoments, or flares for nght missions.

Yes of course you can change the ammo type to what ever you want but i guess it looks a bit strange if a M119 for example fire the weapon and then smoke or flares are spawned at the target location. :)

Anyway you can change the ammo type in: "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_High_Command.sqf"

// High Command Artillery Ammo:
   // Choose the artillery ammo.
   // Available ammo classes: "Sh_105_HE", "Sh_120_HE", "Sh_120_SABOT", "Sh_122_HE", "Sh_125_HE", "Sh_125_SABOT", "Bomb", "Grenade"
   // Default is "Sh_125_HE"
     // GL4_High_Command set [10, "Sh_125_HE"];

i have a question how can the friendly AI or the enemy AI requesting artillery or Airstrikes ??

thanks for this wonderful mod :)

Well friendly A.I. can not request artillery support.

Only a player is able to request artillery support by using the "Group Link 4: High Command Artillery" module.

Enemy A.I. will randomly request artillery support after a target ( player ) was spotted.

Note: Enemy A.I. will not fire if A.I. friendly to the requesting A.I. is within the artillery fire range ( 150 meters ) also a artillery cannon ( D30 / M119 ) with gunner is required to give enemy A.I. artillery support.

Thx for the mega-info:) SNKMAN...also i set enemy man and a d30 on the map ...(must be this in the same group) ? and i set the High Command Artillery" module ,and syncronized it with the enemy man,right ? and then will the enemy soldiers requesting this d30 for artillery support when he spottet a enemy player ...is that right so or?

and i set the High Command Artillery" module ,and syncronized it with the enemy man,right ?

No wrong.

You don't need the module to make enemy A.I. request artillery.

It's enough to have a D30 + Gunner if enemy side == EAST or M119 + Gunner if enemy side == WEST on the map.

The "H.C. Artillery" module only is needed if you like to make a player able to request artillery.

and thats it ? ...holy shit good job SNKMAN:love: and thanks for your fast reply post

Grüße aus Saxonia

Yeah that's it. ;)

Saxonia :)

Damn didn't know it's called like this in english. Thank's greetings back.

Well guess it's time for another update. :)

Yeah i'm really very very proud about this version of Group Link 4. :cool:

I have spend most of my time to enhance and improve the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" with really big success.

The result and the main goals is the "Group Link 4: Defend" moduel the "Location System" and the "Patrol System".

The new module and systems really will give a mission designer everything he was ever thinking about.

Also the "Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request" feature was heavily improved and optimized.

I have updated the "ReadMe.pdf" and "Feature.pdf" and added a new example mission ( GL4_v-1-1-87_Example.utes ) which shows how to setup the new module and systems.

So here we go!!!

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87

What's New:

-------------

Fixed: All required B.I.S. functions will be initialized by Group Link 4.

Enhanced: All "H.C." features can be used stand alone.

Fixed: Captive ( Surrender ) bug where captive units did not follow the captor correctly or just run around by their own.

Added: Partol feature.

Enhanced: "H.C. Artillery" feature. Supported: D30 / M119 / Mortar / M270 MLRS.

Enhanced: All kind's of suppressed weapon classes are detected and added automatically in the "Advancing" 15 meter array.

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. which was requested as reinforcement will only look for/mount vehicles ( Cars ) of their own side.

Improved: Group Link 4 "Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request" feature.

Optimized: "Unmount" and "Remount" functions. Gunner, Driver and Commander of a vehicle ( Car / Tank / Air ) do not unmount their vehicle even if they are no real crew members. ( assignedVehicleRole )

Added: "Group Link 4: Defend" module. Enemy A.I. which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Defend" module will never leave their position even if under attack.

Changed: "Get In" feature. Groups which should automatically mount a empty vehicle at mission start must be synchronized with the vehicle.

Improved: Enemy A.I. which was requested as reinforcement and not close to the conflict point will automatically switch their behavior / combat mode and speed mode to get to the conflict point as fast as possible.

This was made in case of a mobile respawn or if a player escape with a vehicle.

In this case enemy A.I. which already was in contact with the player was hunting the player very slow becouse their behaviour was set to "COMBAT" and the combat mode was "RED".

Improved: Added "Defend" and "Location" groups to the "Array Debug" system.

Improved: Added "Defend" and "Location" groups to the "Marker Debug" system.

Changed: It's now possible to use multiple "Group Link 4: Custom" "Group Link 4: Static" and "Group Link 4: Defend" modules.

Improved: Units/Groups which use the "Get In" feature will assign turrets of the vehicle if available.

Re-Wrote: "ReadMe.pdf" and "Feature.pdf". Added enemy A.I. "Group Definitions" to "ReadMe.pdf" which explains the use of "Custom" "Defend" "Static" and "Location" groups.

Added: New example mission ( GL4_v-1-1-87_Example.utes ) which shows the new "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features.

Added: Setting to ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf ) to enable / disable player and friendly A.I. rearm.

Re-Wrote: "Force Move" can be used with vehicles again.

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. groups which was requested as reinforcement and not close to the conflict point will look for vehicles of the kind "Car" "Tank" and "Air" to get faster to the conflict point.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Mirrors:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( Armaholic.com )

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( ArmA2Base.de )

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( FileSend.com )

Enjoy!

Edited by SNKMAN

Thanks SNKMAN! After a 2+ week hiatus from A2 I'm happy to see the new stuff you've added to GL4. This is a masterpiece! Thanks for all the hard work!

Well guess it's time for another update. :)

Yeah i'm really very very proud about this version of Group Link 4. :cool:

I have spend most of my time to enhance and improve the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" with really big success.

The result and the main goals is the "Group Link 4: Defend" moduel the "Location System" and the "Patrol System".

The new module and systems really will give a mission designer everything he was ever thinking about.

Also the "Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request" feature was heavily improved and optimized.

I have updated the "ReadMe.pdf" and "Feature.pdf" and added a new example mission ( GL4_v-1-1-87_Example.utes ) which shows how to setup the new module and systems.

So here we go!!!

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87

What's New:

-------------

Fixed: All required B.I.S. functions will be initialized by Group Link 4.

Enhanced: All "H.C." features can be used stand alone.

Fixed: Captive ( Surrender ) bug where captive units did not follow the captor correctly or just run around by their own.

Added: Partol feature.

Enhanced: "H.C. Artillery" feature. Supported: D30 / M119 / Mortar / M270 MLRS.

Enhanced: All kind's of suppressed weapon classes are detected and added automatically in the "Advancing" 15 meter array.

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. which was requested as reinforcement will only look for/mount vehicles ( Cars ) of their own side.

Improved: Group Link 4 "Enemy A.I. Reinforcement Request" feature.

Optimized: "Unmount" and "Remount" functions. Gunner, Driver and Commander of a vehicle ( Car / Tank / Air ) do not unmount their vehicle even if they are no real crew members. ( assignedVehicleRole )

Added: "Group Link 4: Defend" module. Enemy A.I. which was synchronized with the "Group Link 4: Defend" module will never leave their position even if under attack.

Changed: "Get In" feature. Groups which should automatically mount a empty vehicle at mission start must be synchronized with the vehicle.

Improved: Enemy A.I. which was requested as reinforcement and not close to the conflict point will automatically switch their behavior / combat mode and speed mode to get to the conflict point as fast as possible.

This was made in case of a mobile respawn or if a player escape with a vehicle.

In this case enemy A.I. which already was in contact with the player was hunting the player very slow becouse their behaviour was set to "COMBAT" and the combat mode was "RED".

Improved: Added "Defend" and "Location" groups to the "Array Debug" system.

Improved: Added "Defend" and "Location" groups to the "Marker Debug" system.

Changed: It's now possible to use multiple "Group Link 4: Custom" "Group Link 4: Static" and "Group Link 4: Defend" modules.

Improved: Units/Groups which use the "Get In" feature will assign turrets of the vehicle if available.

Re-Wrote: "ReadMe.pdf" and "Feature.pdf". Added enemy A.I. "Group Definitions" to "ReadMe.pdf" which explains the use of "Custom" "Defend" "Static" and "Location" groups.

Added: New example mission ( GL4_v-1-1-87_Example.utes ) which shows the new "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" features.

Added: Setting to ( UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf ) to enable / disable player and friendly A.I. rearm.

Re-Wrote: "Force Move" can be used with vehicles again.

Enhanced: Enemy A.I. groups which was requested as reinforcement and not close to the conflict point will look for vehicles of the kind "Car" "Tank" and "Air" to get faster to the conflict point.

Install:

--------

Copy the "@GL4" folder into your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Drag the "UserConfig" folder from "@GL4\UserConfig" in your Armed Assault 2 root directory.

Mirror:

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( FileSend.com )

Enjoy!

Awesome!

wow once again you have exceed all expectations great job this just keeps getting better and better I see you added the MLRS will it work with the bm-21 grad?