Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Here is my current W.I.P. log about what will come with the next version of Group Link 4. :)

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition v.1.1.87 ( ??.??.2010 )

-------------------------------------------------------

What's New:

-----------

Improved: "High Command Artillery" feature. All kind's of "Car" "Tank" and "Static Weapons" are supported.

Improved: "Patrol" feature. A.I. groups are able to patrol within a given range to a given object / class.

Enhanced: "High Command Helicopter" feature. The crew of a requested helicopter ( cargo only ) will be able to join the "High Command Helicopter" player which had requested the helicopter.

Enhanced: "High Command Reinforcement" feature. Requested friendly A.I. will join the group of the "High Command" player which had requested the reinforcement. This allowes a complete new way of navigation and tactically orientation of the "High Command Reinforcement" feature.

Improved: "Get In" function. Vehicle positions which may are not available in the synchronized vehicle ( Gunner / Commander / Turrets ) will be disabled and excluded.

Improved: "House FX" feature. The "House FX" feature sometimes was triggered multiple times by the internal explosion of a already burning building.

Fixed: "Re-Initialize" bug.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to assign the needed Event Handlers ( Fired / Hit / Killed ) to spawned vehicles.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to use the features "Difficult ( Skill and Skill Array )" / "Rearm" / "Captive / Surrender" with spawned enemy A.I.

Improved: Requested enemy A.I. in car will only unmount the cargo positions if the vehicle has a weapon mounted.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function to use the "Dubbing" feature with spawned enemy A.I.

Improved: "Get In" function. If you like to use 2 vehicles with a group then synchronize bouth empty vehicles with the group leader.

Fixed: "Recruit" and "Repair" action assign. In multiplayer the "Recruit" and "Repair" actions was assigned each time after a J.I.P. player was initialized.

New Feature: "Repair" which allowes a player to repair damaged vehicles.

Improved: "Re-Initialize" function. Spawned vehicle get the "Repair" action and spawned friendly A.I. get the "Recruit" action.

Enhanced: "Get In" function to work with vehicles which already have a crew.

Well sound's good to me. :D

I have WarFX too ...Will i need to delete it or can i keep it and use with this?

Sure you can combinate Group Link 4 with whatever you want. ;)

Sure you can combinate Group Link 4 with whatever you want. ;)

This is the mod God used when he made Earth xD

Downloading this second :D

:yay:

Think I have found a problem with GL4 and Norrins revive. I will try and explain what it is, it is a bit complicated.

I first found this problem trying to use VFAI and norrins revive together. What happens is, when the player dies, for a split second they are moved to the "respawn_west" marker and they drop their equipped gear and go back to whatever gear they originally started with. Then the player drops dead and rolls around waiting for a revive/respawn. The problem is now they are at the respawn_west marker and not where they were killed. This problem happens all the time when I try using VFAI. I do not use VFAI because of this.

How this ties into GL4. Since the last update this exact problem has started happening. It is not as consistent, but it happens enough that it has broken a few of my missions. I have been testing all kinds of different setups , using different mods, scripts etc etc. I found that if I turn off the Player/Friendly AI enhancement this problem goes away. The only thing I can think is it has something to do with the friendly AI rearm ,but I maybe wrong. I just know it really screws up missions. I will post this in Norrins Revive also.

I will continue to try and narrow this down. It may also have something to do with ACE, I am really not sure.

I thought I would throw this out here and see if anyone else has had this problem. I have searched but have not found any posts regarding this particular problem.

Nomadd

Edited by Nomadd

First let me say Love the MOD. My problem is when I load a mission with GL4 either as an addon or mission based it is tracking enemy units on map not my team units. Not much fun when you know where the enemy is all the time. Any thoughts?

@Nomadd

Had the same problem. I fixed it like this:

1. Set the RESPAWN in the description.ext from "BASE" to "INSTANT".

2. Set the RESPAWN-delay in the description.ext to "4".

3. Set the "revive timer"-setting in the REVIVE OPTIONS of the revive_init.sqf from NORRIN to "1" ( i use the version from January2010).

4. Set the "_drop_weapons" and "_cadaver"-settings in the OPTIONS FOR PLAYER'S DEAD BODIES AND EQUIPMENT of the revive_init.sqf from NORRIN to "0".

5. From VFAI i only use the "VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo" + "VFAI_Smokeshell.pbo.VICFA.bisign" and the key (I dont use the equipment.pbo because of the reloading-bug).

6. Don´t set the "GL4 Friendly A.I. Rearm" in the "GL4_Global.sqf" to setting "True".

Hope this was useful for you...

Edited by MadMike[Brig2010]

nice update!! :yay:

There are a possibility that the GL4's ennemy unit can attack friendly forces and not only player group??

I create a mission where friendly ai help player but when I try the mission the ennemy don't care about friendly force, they attack me only and friendly forces destroy them without any effort :eek:

@Nomadd

The problem is now they are at the respawn_west marker and not where they were killed.

This sounds really strange...

I defenetly can say that Group Link 4 do nothing which could do something like this with a killed player.

The only thing what Group Link 4 do after a player was killed in multiplayer is to wait till the player was respawned ( alive ) and then add the player to the "GL4_Player" array.

Also try what was explained by MadMike.48th may this is a good workaround for this problem.

@ToddMcIntyre

Not much fun when you know where the enemy is all the time. Any thoughts?

Go to "UserConfig\GL4\GL4_Global.sqf" and remove the "//" in front of "GL4_Global"

Should then look like this:

// GL4 Enemy A.I. Map Marker Debug:
// ================================================== ============
// Choose if the "Map Marker Debug" should be used.
// Note: This debug creates a marker at the map for each enemy A.I. group and gives several informations about the group behaviour and moving direction.
// True / False, default is True
GL4_Global set [62, False];

@MadMike.48th

Thanks for your help. ;)

@Cool=Azroul13

There are a possibility that the GL4's ennemy unit can attack friendly forces and not only player group??

No Group Link 4 is forced on the player group(s) only.

If the A.I. Enhancement would react to friendly A.I. to a player same like to the player group then it may would happend that A.I. will fight against each other and the players are too far away from the battle to even recognize anything about it.

Also the A.I. groups which can be requested as reinforcement already would be requested by A.I. which fight again A.I. and so if a player get in contact with enemy A.I. there would be no chance that the enemy A.I. group can request much more reinforcement becouse they all already was requested by the enemy A.I. which fight again A.I.

Thanks SNKMAN to reply.

Maybe a possibility just the ennemy was not bessotted by the player's group but can react a minmum to friendly A.I (like use of smoke and the possibility of defend a zone for blocked Ai friendly) because ennemy IA don't react at all at friendly forces.

It will be really nice :rolleyes: .

ennemy IA don't react at all at friendly forces.

They react to friendly A.I. of the player but in the vanilla / default way.

like use of smoke and the possibility of defend a zone for blocked Ai friendly

Yes true this defenetly would be a nice touch. ;)

really thanks again lol.

I have a little problem with a mission with GL4, It is wrote that the ennemy unit is'nt synchronised with the system module, I execute what was wrote but again the same message.

I use only ACE and isla Duala.

What you want to do ??

If you are commanded by Ai you don't need to control them ??

if you want to use HC you must synchronise your player to modul HC commander

and synchronise this modul with HC subordinate and synchronyse group you want to control with this last.

@Cool=Azroul13

It is wrote that the ennemy unit is'nt synchronised with the system module

Guess you are using the "Group Link 4: System" module and a "Static" or "Defend" module.

in this case you need to synchronize a enemy A.I. unit/group with the "Group Link 4: System" module to initialize the "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group link 4.

@cyberoverlord

Is there any way to use the high command features when you are commanded by AI.

Yes it should work the same way.

Just make sure you synchronize the given "H.C." module with the player in the group which is leaded by A.I.

@SNKMAN

It's what I do after but this still not work!!

@cyberoverlord what feature do you use??

if it's artillery you must synchronize your player with the HC artillery modul and synchronise this modul with artillery unit too.

if you use feature like reinforcement it's the same but with the reinforcement HC modul

if you use the HC radio just synchronize with only th player.

Edited by Cool=Azroul13

@Madmike

Thanks for the post. I had already done some of the things you suggested, but not all of them. I will give them all a try.

Nomadd

I have synced the high command to the player and to the respective unit, but it only works when I am the highest ranking player.

Ithinck you cannot use this feature if you are'nt the leader of your group.

But just change your soldier class like officer and you test with that but I don't thinck it was that.

@Cool=Azroul13

Hehe you really made what i have tryed more then 100 times. :)

So far i could never make the initialize of Group Link 4 fail by using the modules.

Please be that kind and send me your mission or upload it somewhere so i can see what you have done what i did not so far.

@cyberoverlord

Right.

So far it only works with the group leader but this is a bug! I will fix it. :)

@Cool=Azroul13

Thanks for uploading the mission. ;)

Nice to see that you are using everything Group Link 4 provides. :)

Well after some testing it looks like that there is a bug in the initialize of Group Link 4 if the player starts in a vehicle but i need to do some more tests.

Again thanks for your help fixing this issue.