Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

@SNKMAN

You are still with us?

For server side settings, in the GL4 skill settings config, should I add all the different units? We use zeus as well. Does zeus eliminate the need to add all the different units? Is that only if I do not want to use default settings for a specific unit?

EDIT: Problem solved. Mods please delete.

Edited by SafetyCatch

hello all,

1st, no i havent read the full Post. We using in our Coops now V.87 and can no longer recruit friendly KI`s. Our Fold ?

<< solved, only Leader cant recriut ?

Please can someone upload the old .87b PLEASE

THX in advance !!

Edited by [J4F]Thunder666

i have a problem, i'm making a mission where i'm trying to spawn empty vehicles like the Ural (guerillas) and the Mh-6 (NAPA) but everytime i spawn them, they are full of SLA soldiers! (addon). Could someone please help me with this, i'm 95% sure it's GL4, because it's never happend to me before i downloaded it.

Cheers from Mr. Sausage

other Question: enemy AI no longer uses Arti. Using Terrorists from Schnapsi and FFAA.

global.sqf settings for Arti ( true, 100%, Grenade).

tested 10 Times, they dont use Arti :(((. Need Help

i have a problem, i'm making a mission where i'm trying to spawn empty vehicles like the Ural (guerillas) and the Mh-6 (NAPA) but everytime i spawn them, they are full of SLA soldiers! (addon). Could someone please help me with this, i'm 95% sure it's GL4, because it's never happend to me before i downloaded it.

Cheers from Mr. Sausage

check your settings in Global.sqf in the userconfig folder. On the very bottom there is an option with the "get in" system. It makes units within 100m of vehicules board vehicules automatically. Just put this option to disabled.

Note: Even when disabled, AI will look for transport, when they are being called as reinforcements and the destination is far.

So they will board the vehicules. But not right at the start of the mission.

Hello! I am building a mission that relies on the setCaptive flag. It works great unless I load GL4, then I run into some issues, such as AI killing the captive, or doing basic combat awareness maneuvers even though Blufor is completely unarmed, unequipped, and setCaptive is verifiably true. I have tried disabling all GL4 components in my init.sqf with mixed results. Basically some AI still abandon their posts and move around like combat is imminent.

Update: I am now successfully disabling GL4 through script (setting the flags to false) with good results, as much as I hate to disable GL4, but at least Opfor is leaving my POW's alone. About the setCaptive flag, the AI only attacks a POW if the player is on the POW side. For example, if Blufor is "setCaptive True" and player is Bluefor, then Opfor will attack anyway. If I change player to Opfor, then they do not attack the Blufor POW's.

Edited by AZCoder
update

Hi! I have a question. Sorry if you are answered already, but a can't read 160 pages... I use High Command:Artillery and I have a problem with firing animation. When I use BLUFOR artillery it works 100% fine, but when I use OPFOR things, something like D-30, it have not shoot animation. ....it shooting, but have not shoot animation... My english is bad, sorry.

Due the Readme of Silolas DAC , i presume u were in contact with him awhile DAC ot developed.

Do u got any expieriences in a symbiosic use of DAC and GL4?

Means where should GL4 be initialized (using the mission folder init) to get all generated units implemented in th events config or just as usual, after Dac_Value >3 etc.

As we cant use the sounds of GL4, if we use GL4 in mission folder init., would it be possible to use the GL4 FX sounds in the sounds folder of a mission, and in the description.ext of course?

Thunder666;1636350']other Question: enemy AI no longer uses Arti. Using Terrorists from Schnapsi and FFAA.

global.sqf settings for Arti ( true' date=' 100%, Grenade).

tested 10 Times, they dont use Arti :(((. Need Help[/quote']

Do the enemy have high enough ranks? Try the highest soldier ranks.

;1639449']All nice and dandy' date=' but what about OWN/Friendly AI´s?

Any enhancement to them at all..?[/quote']

Yeah, that would be really nice. I definitely vote for it :) please

When using Norrin's HeliGoTo scripts in a mission alongside GL4 I notice a problem where the helicopter does not land when called for extraction, if it encounters the enemy it either stops short of it's extraction waypoint or flies erratically around the map and ignores any waypoints created by the HeliGoTo scripts.

Has anyone else encountered this and found a way to remedy it?

-AD

EDIT:

I have tried to fix this problem in the following ways:

1. Synchronizing the GL4 initialize module ONLY to an enemy group.

2. Using the "custom" module ONLY on enemy groups.

3. Uncommenting the following line in "GL4_Core.sqf" in the useconfig folder:

GL4_Core set [2, False];

That is supposed to disable the AI enhancement for Player/Friendly units.

None of these attempted fixes seem to change anything.

Edited by ADuke
additional information

I apologize if I missed it and this is a dumb question but is there a way to turn off the enemy and friendly unit markers (especially the enemy) that are in the screenshot below?

Unitmarkers.jpg

Today I tried several AddOns the first time. Group Link 4 Special FX Edition was one of them. I was really surprised by the enhancements, features and effects. It was a total new ArmA 2 gaming experience for me. This modification is absolutely great. SNKMAN, thanks a lot to you and all other involved persons! Excellent work.

I apologize if I missed it and this is a dumb question but is there a way to turn off the enemy and friendly unit markers (especially the enemy) that are in the screenshot below?

Actually in your game options (skill).

In MP the server admin has to change settz.

Is Sinkman still around in this thread, as i am still interested if one can implement GL4 into DAC e.g. as AI Addon.

Does anybody know what happened to SNKMAN? He did not post any comment in his thread for weeks now!

Last activity from him was 11-06-2010, 3 days ago! But his last post is

from 13-05-2010. I don't know maybe he is working on GL5! ;)

What do yall recommend setting Enemy AI Precision and Enemy AI Skill to in the AMRA2 profile? I generally like for precision to be pretty low but for the AI to use all availalbe tactics etc. at their disposal. So basically if I want really smart AI that is a poor shot what should I do. Besides these two settings what other settings in the GL4 userconfigs should I adjust. Thanks in advance.

hi!

In first I want to say that this mod is very good, i like this job!

but i have a problem to create a video about arma 2...a bleu message appears in start of mission and its too ugly to make a film....

arma22010062213195492.jpg

consequently i want to suppress this message but i can't do it...its would be nice to you to help me... thank you!

i would start the video just 5 seconds later. :rolleyes:

quote Special FX ( Explosion FX, Weapon FX, Impact FX, Radio Chatter, Sound FX ) :)

Hey, I was wondering if you guys noticed that this mod messed with JTD. The smoke wont work like JTD smoke anymore.