Sign in to follow this  
snkman

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition

Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Do you use the "Script/Mission Based" initialize?

• Yes
    • No
    • Sometimes

Group Link 4 Work In Progress Videos:

--------------------------------------------

Just another nice little feature which is in my mind since some time. :)

- Repair:

pTTUjKR1b-A

@eosteric

Does this work online? And with Steam version?

Of course.

Group Link 4 should work the same way in multiplayer like in singleplayer.

Yes this is a cool feature. I missed it since ArmA1 with falseprophets mod. He made some scripts that allow you to repair vehicles. He also had some scripts like dropping medboxes out of choppers am ambulance vehicles and ammoboxes from trucks or static machine guns from APCs.

Anychance to see this included?

GL4_Patrol is currently for enemies only. Will it work with friendlies as well at some point?

@Kroky

Anychance to see this included?

Who knows. :)

@Luomu

Will it work with friendlies as well at some point?

Currently not but since some time i'm playing with something which makes friendly A.I. use some enemy A.I. features ( Garrison Building and Patroling ) too.

May you will see this in a upcoming version. ;)

@DampetDK and All

I have found a logical thinking error in the "Re-Initialize" function of Group Link 4.

As you may already know the "Re-Initialize" is used to initialize enemy A.I. wich was created after mission start.

So far this had required 1 enemy A.I. unit which already was in the mission ( placed in the editor ) to work.

Well some missions ( Domination ) don't have any enemy A.I. in the mission at the beginning of the mission which means the enemy A.I. in Domination for example was not "Re-Initialized" by Group Link 4.

This will be fixed in the next version.

Another thing specially in Domination is that the "FX" do not work correctly.

Everything is initialized and assigned correctly, but becouse of something which i don't know so far the Event Handlers of Group Link 4 will not work correctly in Domination.

I'm working on this and hopefully find a good solution soon.

Great :-) Hope you find a solution. As for the enemy A.I, my team often use "VTS". When i open it up in the editor, i can see the original creator has inserted one of each faction in the corner. Will that be enough for the enemy AI to initialize without i have to sync it with a module?

Yeah i really have found a LOT to do to make all features initialize and work correctly by missions which do spawn enemy A.I. and vehicles.

But! I'm on a good way to fix all thouse issues. ;)

Will that be enough for the enemy AI to initialize without i have to sync it with a module?

Yes if a unit which side is enemy to the player is present in the mission then it should be fine. But make sure the "presence probability" of the unit was not set to 0% becouse in this case the unit will act like it was not created.

It's enough to have 1 unit enemy to the player on the map to initialize the whole "Enemy A.I. Enhancement" of Group Link 4.

I'm having issues with new version...enemy AI disembark a humvee armed with a M2 o Mk19 to engage on foot. they pop smoke and act akward..how can i disabled this or fix it?

im using ace, acex, gl4, zcommon_zeus together..

^zcommon with ace has been known to cause wierd behaviour lately

I dumped zeus some weeks ago because of bad stealth abilities. CQB is great but besides this, it causes issues.

I'm having issues with new version...enemy AI disembark a humvee armed with a M2 o Mk19 to engage on foot. they pop smoke and act akward..how can i disabled this or fix it?

im using ace, acex, gl4, zcommon_zeus together..

I dumped Zeus and SLX , I still have AI disemark vehicles to engage on foot.

even with a tank, the ai disemarked the tank..what addon can be adjusted to

clear this behavior...other than that i love this mod..

@soldaten

I dumped Zeus and SLX , I still have AI disemark vehicles to engage on foot.

Well yes so far enemy A.I. in a vehicle of the kind "Car" will disemark the vehicle ( incl. gunner ).

May i should change this to keep the driver and gunner inside of the vehicle if there is a gunner available.

when AI fall of the buildings is that a Gl4 bug or ACE.

Like already told A.I. sometimes walk too far and fall to dead from a roof top.

already forgot a lot of times to thank you snkman for

Group Link 4 Special FX Edition, so here we go

thank-you.jpg

for your effort, work, sweat and enthusiasm for the comm

and keep up the good work soldier

@SNKMAN

The point about disembarking the vehicles is that when AI disembarks i.e. a UAZ with machinegun, then, when they reembark the vehicle they occupy the driver and passenger seat. Not the machine gun seat, which makes them easy to kill :p

Anyone that use the GL4_Skill_Types.sqf. I tried to find every sniper class and define them.

["RU_Soldier_Sniper", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"RU_Soldier_SniperH", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"RU_Soldier_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"USMC_SoldierS_Sniper", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"USMC_SoldierS_SniperH", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ACE_usarmy_sniperh", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ACE_SF_FR_Marksman ", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"Navy_SEAL_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"USMC_SoldierS_SniperH", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ffaa_terrorista_ham_SVD", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ffaa_terrorista_agf_SVD", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"Ins_Soldier_Sniper", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"RUS_Soldier_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"MVD_Soldier_Sniper", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"MVD_Soldier_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"USMC_SoldierM_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"FR_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"Winter_SOF_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"Desert_SOF_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"US_Army_SoldierS_SniperH", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"US_Army_SoldierM_Marksman", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"BWMod_SniperG_G82", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"Winter_OPFOR6", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ACE_Ins_3_1", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ACE_Ins_2_7", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ACE_Ins_2_3", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"G_WDL_Mercenary_Default9", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"G_Mercenary_Default1", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"G_Mercenary_Default11", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ETerrorist11", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"ETaliban11", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"EGangsta_merc9", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ],

"G_Mercenary_Default11", ["aimingAccuracy", [0.75, 0.25], "aimingShake", [0.75, 0.25], "spotDistance", [0.75, 0.25] ]

];

This list includes ACE, FFAA Terrorists mod, Blackops and Desert Mercs mod, BWmod (BUNDESWEHR MOD), plus the regular vanilla snipers. If I missed any , sorry. I tried to get them all. Hope this helps.

Nomadd

@Chaostika7-17th

Oh Thank You! :) That's really very kind.

@Kroky

I have changed this so if a vehicle ( Car ) has a mounted weapon then the driver and gunner of the vehicle will not disembark.

@Nomadd

Thanks for sharing. :thumbs-up:

@SNKMAN

Good to hear you changed this. Could it be possible that the driver would disembark if the gunner is not present (killed)? Otherwise the driver would simply drive around and not defend himself when the gunner is killed.

Or the driver gets into the gunner position. Alternatively the driver can just drive out of the combat zone.

@Kroky and Kremator

Guess i will choose Kroky's way.

The reason for this is if the gunner is killed and the driver take the gunner position then the vehicle will not move any longer so if the enemy is moving away from the vehicle then it would be useless and the driver in the gunner position would simply stay in the vehicle and not fight any longer.

Good find by the way. ;)

Man im diggin this more and more. just set up an empty hind and 8 enemy then waged was on other side of island. gl4 got those guys in the hind and parachuting to back up their guys! brilliant stuff.

one thing is i don't understand how the modules work. no bloody clue and no documentation that i can find. please someone shed some light?

That sounds fine SNKMAN, I was just thinking that in the heat of a battle I would want a driver to 'temporarily' jump into the gunner seat and let rip :) What you are going to do willl also be cool. Can reinforcements, called from GL4, then jump into the vehicle empty positions?

@twisted

Thanks nice to hear you like it. :)

There is a folder in "@GL4" called "ReadMe" in this folder is a file called "ReadMe.pdf" where everything about the modules is documented.

There is way to much i need to explain so please be that kind and have a look at thouse files in the "ReadMe" folder.

@Kremator

Can reinforcements, called from GL4, then jump into the vehicle empty positions?

I was working on a 50% chance that the driver will mount the gunner position if the gunner was killed but so far without luck. But i will continue working on this. ;)