Sign in to follow this  
Richey79

Time for Bis to allow language change to English - agree?

I'm all for it, I ordered from germany the minute it was released and when I found out it would take 5-7 days to get it here I ordered the DL version...also german.

We should not be punished for trying to play a game as early as possible and the language mod is not working properly when used in conjunction with mods such as ACE.

Free the beast!

I have the english version, and therefore this is not an issue for me, however for some of our community, we need to supply a language.pbo to allow rewrite European language to english

Therefore SIGNED

Our forum rules clearly say that your signature may be used to advertise your squad or addon/mod but not for any statements.

Flooding the forums with a max. allowed signature image demanding something from BIS is pointless and not welcome.

Everyone please remove this signature image asap, otherwise we assist with removal.

By now it should be clear that this most probably a problem with the publishers rather than with BIS. If they could they would have removed it by now. So email your local publisher with this demand and see what they say.

You just say that it is probably a problem with the publishers.

It's quite clear that if we were told by an official over at BIS about the situation regarding the contract policies that this whole issue over the signatures could have been avoided and many of us may have already sent an email. Are these little details confidential or something?

In the meantime - however tempting - to send an email to petergames_de@nexway.com I am not going to look like an idiot just because it is 'probably' a problem with the publishers.

Hi all

This is what I think happened.

A Publisher thinking to take worldwide sales on a popular game from its competitors negotiated a perhaps long term contract that allowed them to publish the game before it was finished and thus before its competitors could sell it, thus incidentally treating its customers as beta testers; said customers should I think take note of said publisher's actions in releasing said game in a beta form and its effects on them with regard to future purchases from said publisher.

This action took place on a previous occasion and seriously ate into the sales of competing publishers. Accordingly the publishers who felt their sales had been stolen insisted that in future contracts that each regional publisher had their version localised to the language of the region.

Said players who find their enjoyment ruined by a publisher who hoodwinked them with a game incapable of playing in their own language should take careful consideration with regard to future purchases from said publisher.

Such contracts between developer and publisher often include a non disclosure element. Also Said contracts tend to be very strong with severe penalites for companies which seek to get round them.

Kind regards walker

Edited by walker

You just say that it is probably a problem with the publishers.

It's quite clear that if we were told by an official over at BIS about the situation regarding the contract policies that this whole issue over the signatures could have been avoided and many of us may have already sent an email. Are these little details confidential or something?

In the meantime - however tempting - to send an email to petergames_de@nexway.com I am not going to look like an idiot just because it is 'probably' a problem with the publishers.

Maybe my memory has failed me but I seem to remember it has been said by one of my colleagues in the forums that the issue is related to publisher contracts?

Thank you for the definite answer. I have sent my email:

To PeterGamers DE (Morphicon DE),

I have purchased the ArmA II (German version) from petergames.de under the email address ****@******.co.uk . The release was made made one month earlier in Germany and as a fan of the ArmA series and being English without hesitation made my purchase via download, on the day of release. It has now been over six months since I purchased and still playing with my language set to German. For myself and many others, this has caused many troubles all over the world, including Germans themselves who prefer English and do not like the inadequate translations within the game.

Recently, it has come to my knowledge that BIS (Bohemia Interactive Studios) are unable to release an update to enable English and other languages on German versions due to contract terms between them and Morphicon. Again, it has been over six months since Morphicon had a month's headstart on release as we have waited patiently expecting an English patch. As a result of such inconvenience this can only damage the future sales from Morphicon/PeterGames and unnecessarily hurt the reputation of BIS.

On behalf of myself and the many other customers who are experiencing the same inconveniences I am asking kindly to re-evaluate these terms within the contract between BIS and Morphicon.

Regards,

I advise everyone else to send an email (copy mine if you wish). As one email from myself isn't going to do much.

I believe the problem is actually with 505 Games or whoever financed the English version.

I believe the problem is actually with 505 Games or whoever financed the English version.

Wha'? :butbut:

Well, see, I told you. No one seemed to listen to it or see it, though. Oh well.

We buy their unfinished game as fullprize ones and let these games live forever with our great selfmade content and they dont even give us english language? shame on you.

These german translations are written like from a 7yrs old boy, there are so many mistakes in it. And I finally want that other people understand my radio chatter.

Not my point of view.

How about your feelings if I tell you that your english isn't good enough for a non-german version? ;-)

If I would be a dev of BI I would feel personally insulted by your utterings though I - scroll up - indeed did vote for an english version too.

BIS is continiously supporting and (!) improving Arma2.

No need to bash them as "7yrs ol' ones".

We paid only for a rather rough first version that's true but time has gone by and BIS has been working like hell on it. Completely without any payment from your side. Since months. You could not afford to pay a five hours and what you have paid to them ... is enough for about a two minutes financing BIS. My rough estimation ...

Edited by Herbal Influence

BIS is continiously supporting and (!) improving Arma2.

No need to bash them as "7yrs ol' ones".

Care! I mean morphicon and Peter Games NOT BIS! Peter Games were those ones who forced the early german release. The german 1.0 was unplayable on my system.

Care! I mean morphicon and Peter Games NOT BIS! Peter Games were those ones who forced the early german release. The german 1.0 was unplayable on my system.

Peter Games is indeed a publisher I will never be buying anything from again. With the obviously rushed ArmA and Arma2 releases in Germany and the fact that the german version of the latter game is still language-locked (a decision that rests with them if I'm not mistaken), they pretty much screwed everyone over, including BIS.

I'll most certainly be buying any future games they'll be distributing from a different publisher. If we're lucky, BIS will switch to a different distributor here in Germany.

I got a reply to my email today. Wupz-a-daisy. Seems I contacted the wrong people.

Dear Jamie,

Thank you for your Email. Unfortunately we are not the correct

contact for this kind of request as our company Nexway is just the

provider of the sales platform for Petergames/Morphicon. I would

recommend you to directly contact Morphicon/Petergames directly.

Please find their contact information on the following website:

http://petergames.de/Company.3.0.html?&L=1

Thank you very much for your understanding.

Yours sincerely,

Christian Schaub

Sales Support Manager

Nexway GmbH

The information to contact the right people is here:

http://petergames.de/Company.3.0.html?&L=1

Dead3yez if you want to write them in german, I may translate an english written text for you.

signed, i can't get it to english with my serial and i dont want an unofficial patch.. just make it official already. Petergames loses nothing by giving out an english option. If they are the culprit in this.

I understand german but still it's a lot easier in english for me.

signed

german is allright but it is a bit annoing when ending up with a mix of english and german

Peter Games is indeed a publisher I will never be buying anything from again. With the obviously rushed ArmA and Arma2 releases in Germany and the fact that the german version of the latter game is still language-locked (a decision that rests with them if I'm not mistaken), they pretty much screwed everyone over, including BIS.

I'll most certainly be buying any future games they'll be distributing from a different publisher. If we're lucky, BIS will switch to a different distributor here in Germany.

Absolutely agreed! My next ArmA game - Operation Arrowhead - will be from a different publisher!

There are multiple reasons NOT to buy the german version of this game. Take this word from a former german support member ...

Doesn't affect me, and don't think it will help, but...

Signed.

But, I'll never ever consider buying anything from a German publisher. Contracts can sometimes be changed you know. All that is needed is an agreement to do so.

If I was affected however, I would simply just buy another version. We're not talking about a months salary here, and we're talking about thousands of hours of gameplay. Instead of the usual 10 in other "shooters". And, last but not least, it's for a good cause, it's not like we would be supporting M$ or any other "greed based company".