Sign in to follow this  
Richey79

Time for Bis to allow language change to English - agree?

I want that everybody understands my radio chatter.

SIGNED

:cylon:

Exactly! If localizations would ATLEAST been fully clientside.

signed

Its stupid that having all languages on my DvD i can only choose the languages allowed by my key :(

Signed.

Especially in case of editor using. I am native czech speaker and have czech version of the game.

Edited by Bouben

I still don't understand why people buy the German version, when an English version is very clearly on sale, and complain about the lack of languages other than German...

Guess people are too quick to throw down their money.

It'd still be nice for BIS to add it, however. Though I still don't foresee it happening.

signed

Its stupid that having all languages on my DvD i can only choose the languages allowed by my key :(

You sure about that? As far as I know, the German DVDs have different language-related .pbos than all the other versions do. You wouldn't get an English version if you had a key for one.

I still don't understand why people buy the German version, when an English version is very clearly on sale, and complain about the lack of languages other than German...

Guess people are too quick to throw down their money.

It'd still be nice for BIS to add it, however. Though I still don't foresee it happening.

What can I say? I am a big fan of OFP, ArmA and Arma 2. When the German version of Arma 2 was released I wanted it immediately, I had finished a lot of work stuff and wanted to treat myself. There was no English version available at the time so that wasn't an option, when you tend to like something a lot you are willing to go the extra mile. I don't want nor need to be told how to spend my money by somebody I don't even know.

In addition, the fact that many people do not like it in their native language speaks volumes. If they wanted it in English, like some Germans for example, they would have had to either download it (no hard copy) or buy it from another country which means an increase in delivery cost.

Nothing wrong with wanting an option to switch languages, like what happened with ArmA and is the case for most other games. We are not asking for a free expansion here.

You sure about that? As far as I know, the German DVDs have different language-related .pbos than all the other versions do. You wouldn't get an English version if you had a key for one.

I own a German download-version, and I could get a Czech or whatever version if I wanted one after patching A2. ALL the languages are in the PBOs and it just picks one based on something hardcoded, probably the cd-key. That's how the "language mod" is done: Swap the langauages in stringtables. I bought the German version because an English one wasn't available at that time.

Signed. :)

---------- Post added at 02:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 AM ----------

I can't understand why someone wouldn't rather Buy a German version if they prefer English and it is AVAILABLE. But OBVIOUSLY a lot of people wanted the game right away, including myself.

I have waited over 6 months now and still waiting for a patch to add the English language. Infact, I have even purchased a second copy of ArmAII just to have English. It would be nice to have two English versions so that my brother may use the second copy of the game. If I am not mistaken then the German version of ArmA1 was infact patched to have English (as I was told) which is one of the reasons I had no worries buying a German version of ArmAII.

Edited by Dead3yez

Well .. basicly because I'm german in my case and I wanted to play to game in german. The publisher screwed it up after the release and the translation is still buggy thus leading myself into using ArmA II with english language in the future (I hope).

In the early versions the priest was translated with "dog" for some reason. Incredible ... absolutely fubar.

A game shouldn't even have different versions or be released in different places at different times, then you get these kinds of problems. It was ok back when people only bought games in local stores, but today you can order everywhere over the internet. There should only be one version, with a simultaneous worldwide release, in which you have the option to set the language you prefer.

Edited by Johan S

Hmm... I wonder why BIS made it like that? Oh right! To discourage non-Germans from buying the German version...

Signed

When A1 first came out i bought the Czech version and it was patched to english when the US version was release. It seems that it should have been the same for A2. The people that go to crazy length to buy a game in a different language just so they can play a week sooner, we are the most die hard fans. let us choose please BIS.

100% signed.

GO for it, please BIS.

even i am from Austria i hate to play games with german language.

It even gets more complicated in multiplayer, when i see all the stuff in german and have to think and translate it to english to communicate with others^^

(just to say a small example in ace2. i talked with an english speaking mate about the "sturmhaube" - balaklava. Took us like 1min till we both knew what we are talking about^^)

dialog was like -- ah i just have it here in german its called "sturmhaube" ahm, u know the mask which fully covers your face, just not the eyes. - Gasmask?? - nooo not the gasmask, the mask made out of wool blabla bla^^

Add this pic to your signature guys, maybe seeing it on every corner of the forums is going to make the devs do it.

http://img64.imageshack.us/img64/386/englishi.jpg

EDIT: Watch out for having additional stuff in your signature though, so you don't break the rules (number 16 especially).

And remember to make at least one post each day so that it may actually stray further than this topic. :P

And remember to make at least one post each day so that it may actually stray further than this topic. :P

hehe, don't worry, I'll keep posting every-fookin-where ;) :D

And the more people have the signature, the more it'll be visible and that means a bigger chance for BIS to finally do something about it.