Sign in to follow this  
Richey79

Time for Bis to allow language change to English - agree?

I have a russian ArmA2 so even if i use languagemods warfare and ace is still in russian :(

Please bis end this torture!

SIGNED!

SIGNED! Been waiting for this feature! Too broke to buy a localized copy LOL... and why would I need two arma2's? xD

Signed!

I have a hungarian copy of the game, and i don't care if it's because of BIS, or the publishers, it doesn't change the thing, that after buying it, we would have the right to decide what language we prefer. I still don't get what's the point of this, but i really hope you guys will find a way to solve this. Please do it for us (for your customers). :)

signed. i bought the german version as i couldn't wait to have arma2 asap.

using the unofficial english mod helps but i get the feeling after a while that now i am being penalised for supporting bis.

SIGNED!!! Twice! :)

I'm russian and I've only had an option to buy a russian version. But the language I see in game actually is not a Russian - it's kind a "bird's language" which is hard to understand for me... (especially in "Options"->"Controls" - it's real mess) :(:(

And, yes, I'm really want an option to switch to English.

Edited by =SilveR=

signed...

I got the German didgtal version on release date as did many others, I currently run the @En mod but this isn't 100% perfect.

BIS is continiously supporting and (!) improving Arma2.

No need to bash them as "7yrs ol' ones".

Or bash them at all really, kids... find a better gaming software house to support your bitch whinging... cm, ea... yeah right.

We paid only for a rather rough first version that's true but time has gone by and BIS has been working like hell on it. Completely without any payment from your side. Since months. You could not afford to pay a five hours and what you have paid to them ... is enough for about a two minutes financing BIS. My rough estimation ...

+1, and secondly if you buy a product you've signed the contract... buyer beware children?...

Thirdly... have any of the complainees here created at ticket at dev-heaven for this issue? no... well maybe make the effort!.

I bought my German copy because I am impatient and can't wait. I then bought my US DVD as soon as it came out.

While it would be nice of them to do... maybe they have their reasons why they don't (contract, time, promises, pact with the devil, whatever), but we all bought the discs knowing what language they had on them.

I thought I read that it would never happen (somewhere on these forums, and no I won't go looking for links either). But in all reality, they owe us no explanation of if, why, why not, etc... I know it sounds like a simple fix, just a line of code, but who are any of you to speculate?

That being said, I too hope they allow it, but I really don't care. I made a choice and I'm happy with it.

Forgive me if i am missing something, but isn't it possible to simply use the appropriate PBO files from the English version??

/signed

Forgive me if i am missing something, but isn't it possible to simply use the appropriate PBO files from the English version??

I've copied the English version pbo and nothing happend. When I compared the pbo-s, it turned out that they are all the same. :eek:

I've unpacked them, and it contains all languages. :butbut:

I think it might have to do something with the key.

Just guessing though, but I really can't think of anything else. :confused:

I've copied the English version pbo and nothing happend. When I compared the pbo-s, it turned out that they are all the same. :eek:

I've unpacked them, and it contains all languages. :butbut:

I think it might have to do something with the key.

Just guessing though, but I really can't think of anything else. :confused:

Have you tried to set

language="English";
in your ArmA2.cfg file?

Have you tried to set in your ArmA2.cfg file?

This doesn't work either. It is linked to your key which BIS CAN fix in a patch. When I reinstalled ArmA, I launched it at 1.00 with the ArmA2 player config edited to the english language and it worked. When I updated to 1.05, the language reverted to German.

Doesn't such language-things depend on contracts between developer and publisher? Perhaps it helps more if you start a request/petition over there too: morphicon/petergames

Imho games should have the option to switch between local and international language version. I guess that publishers thought they would make more profit to restrict it to local language (german) - lets see if they're right doing this and again for OA. ;)

/Signed

I still have the German copy for a rainy day or a Friend