Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

@Juggernaut: Reproduce your NVG/eject bugs using only cba and ace modfolders, then make a bug report in the issue tracker.

EDIT: Oh and I also have a black background at the main menu now, is that supposed to happen?

Now? :confused:

So its not meant to be black? I sort of assumed the intro was WIP or something, I've had the black/silent intro since the very first version.

Really glad to read about people coming up with creative ways to use the available systems!

Here's some accumulated information and Dr Pulp's linux script, maybe it is of use to you.

Looking forward to your progress!

I hope everyone's settled for x-mas, and ready for the next Milestone Release, this Friday, usual ACE Patch Time!

Looking at the tracker and the posts in here, I think we can safely say that the ctd's and issues with 1.05 have been resolved.

@Meatball;

Please setup a feature suggestion ticket with your ideas, some details and motivation, and we'll see what we can do, thanks!

Ah - excellent. Thanks Sickboy. I was debating whether undertaking the project would be worth the time, as by the time i get it working ACE2 might be finished -- but if I read you correctly, it never will be finished. Your incremental update system will allow you to always work on ACE2, adding new features and gear, without the hassle of bundling and documenting milestone releases every month or so - it can always be a work in progress. I would expect that you will 'freeze' the software at the feature and stability milestones and release it bundled, and that may be good enough for many -- but we armaholics will always be interested in the incremental releases to capture every new feature, fix, and piece of gear.

Again, Kudos to you and your team. Alotta hard work here, and for nothing more than the admiration and thanks of the arma masses (well most of em anyway).

Now I need to build out a PC with my new radeon 5850, motherboard and memory. Yes, I got it just for Arma. Yes, its a sickness ;-)

Merry Christmas, all.

---------- Post added at 06:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 AM ----------

Is there an implementation of GroupLink (GL) in ACE2 ?

I used SLX extensively before ACE was released - mostly for the dynamics created by grouplink. I also know that SLX is modular, and I can use the grouplink module by itself (although ive never tested this with ACE).

Do I need to ?

---------- Post added at 06:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:38 AM ----------

Is there an implementation of GroupLink (GL) in ACE2 ?

I used SLX extensively before ACE was released - mostly for the dynamics created by grouplink. I also know that SLX is modular, and I can use the grouplink module by itself (although ive never tested this with ACE).

Do I need to ?

Yes, JTD Fire & Smoke works fine with ACE. It's designed to be as independent from other mods as possible to allow for ubiquitous use :)

I have been contacted by Dev-Heaven on the topic of Fire & Smoke in ACE, but I cannot access the relevant issue that's been assigned to me for some reason. However, my own thoughts are that JTD Fire & Smoke works as-is already, and there seems to be little benefit (to either party) in merging. Unless of course there's stuff I haven't considered or heard about yet :D

Sure it does work fine together. But if it would be added directly to ace, we would have this great athmosphere online. Not just offline or on small private coops. Because most of the servers doesnt allow jtd, and even if they allow it, not all have the addon then. So some players have the disatvantages and advantages of fire&smoke then, others not.

Thats what i wanted to say :)

is actually anything like the jtd fire and smoke addon planned for ace?

I don't like JTD mod. It looks ugly and it's buggy. I don't like big fires all around the map. Sorry.

Edited by Vipera

Got the pitch black intro as well. Thought maybe I exited Arma2 "badly" sometimes at night, and that affected the intro, like how it works when you've played with the editor.

We've disabled JTD as well. Too much stuff at fire too much of the time. Nice effects most of the time, except a couple (or one?) particle effect which didn't react to wind, and again fire starting way to probable. Wouldn't mind a toned down, more realistic version being present in ACE though.

Merry Christmas to ACE team and everyone else. Soon dinner time and the yearly overeating session, better go prepare :D

You can adjust the Skill and Accuracy settings per difficulty level in your game options (Need to restart mission afterwards)

Otherwise if you setup a ticket at our issue tracker, with small repro steps and details, we might actually find it is a bug and will fix it :)

Yes, I know I can do that, but it will change spotting skills globally, right? I mean, I have no problem with spotting a walking person 500 m away, but person in prone position in grass and with sniper camouflage shouldn't be seen, right? I mean, no matter if a attacked soldier is a total veteran with a super experience, he should not be able to spot something what can not be spotted. I understand, that you can track a sniper if he fires a couple of times, but after one shot on 400 - 500 m in open enviroment...

I mean, is this engine able to distinguish these things? Is this programmable in ARMA 2?

Edited by Bouben

I do not like six update. hate

Merry Christmas to all :)

You removed the entire mod becuase of "one" way of its distribution :confused:

Use Yoma & the kelly's heros server way and your good to go, simplest I found out of the lot. (search here for it theres info on exactly how to use it, so simple).

It maybe Christmas but I didn't realise it was a time to give in so easy :)

You removed the entire mod becuase of "one" way of its distribution :confused:

Use Yoma & the kelly's heros server way and your good to go, simplest I found out of the lot. (search here for it theres info on exactly how to use it, so simple).

It maybe Christmas but I didn't realise it was a time to give in so easy :)

I think, that SIX UPDATER is pretty easy to use, if you will fairly read the manual. That's the trouble. Most people don't wanna bother with reading something.

... Nice effects most of the time, except a couple (or one?) particle effect which didn't react to wind, and again fire starting way to probable. Wouldn't mind a toned down, more realistic version being present in ACE though ...

double that

I think, that SIX UPDATER is pretty easy to use, if you will fairly read the manual. That's the trouble. Most people don't wanna bother with reading something.

I must agree. In my opinion the Six updater site is really unclear and confusing at times, but once you get the program installed and click your brain a little, it's really simple to use once you have learned it.

It could be alot better documented for new users, but if you just have a little patience, anything is possible :D

Im not disputing that, but I bet those who throw the towel in early and didnt actually try the yoma (or are not still aware of that option) method will kick themselves :)

Not sure if the first post could include a direct link to the Kelly's heroes way and yoma as its burried pretty deep here now. All the first post links to is mainly the sixupdate way.

Sixupdate has a "MSDOS" based feel to it which to GUI folk will be off putting. I used sixupdate to get the mod initially and realised it was easy, but then tried yoma and KH server ... and I stuck with that.

Edited by mrcash2009

Not much consoley anymore mr Cash :D

http://updater.dev-heaven.net/main/vid

For the fun of it, watch the 1.5 minute vid :D

Anyway, please disengage useless discussion about our distribution method.

We announce our officially supported method, and beyond that; go ahead, get those hands dirty :D

Constructive critisism, feedback, bug reports, let us know on our issue tracker, and as proven, we will adapt asap where required and possible.

There's over 3000 successful Six Updater users out there btw :)

(And i'm far from done with it, lets see Q1 2010 ;)

Edited by Sickboy

Ah cool :)

For the record im just responding ref people not realising other options out of personal pref (the poster who removed ace on that basis) .. take your pick they both do the job, but its just so newcomers know of alternate options was all.

**runs away incase of "comparison wars"** :) (joke).

Basically what ever you can handle. Personally I make missions and play with AI skills, etc. jacked up pretty damn high. Beware though when the levels get high, especially when using the Zeus AI Mods with ACE2. I've had my ass kicked by the enemy AI with this combo but it sure was fun.

Hello all, I want to re-download my game (Arma2) with the new patch (1.05) and with ACE2 and all the fixings, what is the best way to do this, should I download the game, then patch, then Ace2 six-updater or should it be Arma2 then Ace2 six updater and after it is done instal the patch?

Is there files somewere I dont know about that need to be deleted as well besides what is deleted by going in to my control panel and "add remove file" section? .

When installing through the updater do I still use password and all as "admin" like I did a while ago when I downloaded the ace2.

anyone else got the messed up CQB sights on the ACOG?

You've got to be more specific than that.

Search the issue tracker and see if anyone else has had the same problem.