Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Wow the ACE threads seem to pull the biggest crowds, 61 pages already :cool:

Congrats on the release. I know I haven't been around much, need to find some ArmA 2 time :)

ok i have got past the x/cba error i now get

error compiling pixel shader pstreeadv:0

sorry to quote myself its just this thread is moving so dam fast its hard to keep up hehe.

btw i loved ACE1 it ruled i just want to play this versoin now hehe.

Is there an suggested server profile value for ai skill and precision ? or ace mods Ai values ovverride them ?

Edited by snakedoctor34

Well, it would seem that everyone who has ArmA2 is online and on this thread :D Nice work guys, I can't wait ... 22% gogogogogo! Erhggh, my connection is too slow, I don't want to wait another 52 minutes :(

I've error that cannot find the .HPP files, where I must put these files. I've done manually the unrar of all files and pbo because with six updater it crashes the install.

Well outstanding work, i will 90% fight during nightime now.

But why did you removed ALL Voices?

Im playing mainly SP.....:(

Read the damn thread. You've been asking questions that have been answered often.

I've error that cannot find the .HPP files, where I must put these files. I've done manually the unrar of all files and pbo because with six updater it crashes the install.

cerca in @ACE/userconfig copia i 4 file .hpp e vai nella cartella Arma2/userconfig, crea una cartella "ace" e incollali dentro :)

This might be a bit stupid, but have you tried refreshing after a couple of seconds?

i tried it now few time with refresh. still the same issue. and i opened it as administrator.

dont know what the problem is.

At game start keep getting error "Addon 'acex_c_men_usarmy' requires addon 'ace_c_gear' "

**I should be all up to date on updates since I have figured out the SIX updater.... just sitting here with a fresh pot of coffee checking out all of this threads traffic and noticed someone else with the same problem***

Edited by Meatball0311

i tried it now few time with refresh. still the same issue. and i opened it as administrator.

It's probably server overload, if you refresh it doesn't work you have to restart the updater again and hope best :)

This what you're looking for?

class T90 : Tank {
	displayName = $STR_ACE_VDN_T90;
	fuelCapacity = 1600;
	accuracy = 0.4;	// accuracy needed to recognize type of this target
	brakeDistance = 40;	// vehicle movement precision
	armor = 900;
	damageResistance = 0.00278;
	cost = 4000000;

class HitPoints : HitPoints {
		class HitEngine {
			armor = 0.8;
			material = -1;
			name = "motor";
			passThrough = true;
		};

class HitHull {
			armor = 0.96;
			material = -1;
			name = "telo";
			passThrough = false;
		};

class HitLTrack {
			armor = 0.24;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_L";
			passThrough = true;
		};

class HitRTrack {
			armor = 0.24;
			material = -1;
			name = "pas_P";
			passThrough = true;
		};
	};
	maxSpeed = 65;	// max speed on level road, km/h
	supplyRadius = 5;
	insideSoundCoef = 0.9;

I found out why I wasn't getting the action menu item when I tested it initially: I was using it with a group of BWMod soldiers. It only works if there are proper ACE units, i.e. USMC or US Army in your group. My bad!

I'm having fun mounting M2s on the ATC tower at the airfield and repelling an air-assault with them. The CSWs are great!

Yup...I believe thats what I'ma lookin for....cheers:)

Are you using bitdefender antivirus?

A quick refresh (F5) fixed it for me:)

nope not for me...

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Are you using bitdefender antivirus?

nope the normal antivir

What do I need to do with the three downloaded folders???? I have tried changing the .gz pbos to just pbos. And Everything is as it should be. but it refuses to work. what the hell do I do?

nope not for me...

---------- Post added at 12:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

nope the normal antivir

What sort of antivirus are you using?

You can try this, and see if that helps, or the lazy guide to try to bypass the web-interface alltogether.

I discovered an interesting little bug while playing around with the ACE stuff. When you drag a crew served weapon, like the M2 in my case, and make the mistake of pressing a stance button, your character will try to pick up and carry the MG. Since this obviously isn't possible, it will in turn trigger an Arma 2 bug... oh well, this video will explain it better :P

@ Sickboy & Dev team

GJ Today and congrats on the release.. It's definitely been a hard one but ACE definitely worth it.

Updater is easy to use once setup properly.

We've been sharing the whole modfolders thru Yoma. This means its is twice the size of the release (1gb vs 520Mb) but it will make it possible for people to switch to Rsync when they cool down or have more time to spend on it.

We'll eventually remove the zipped Rsync folders in the modfolders to reduce the DL size, for those who want to stick to Yoma only for whatever reason.

Well Done..:thumbsup:

Everyone must spend 10-15 mins for setting up the updater tool which should save a lot of time in the future. Including people who used KH Yoma Addon server to download the first release. Updater will not download all the files once again. Actually it will not download anything until the first update.

Mert

Edited by Cross

@ Sickboy & Dev team

GJ Today and congrats on the release.. It's definitely been a hard one but ACE worth it.

Updater is easy to use once setup properly.

We've been sharing the whole modfolders thru Yoma. This means its is twice the size of the release (1gb vs 520Mb) but it will make it possible for people to switch to Rsync when they cool down or have more time to spend on it.

Well Done..:thumbsup:

Cross

OOOH whats YOMA? where can I get the full mod folders???

I discovered an interesting little bug while playing around with the ACE stuff. When you drag a crew served weapon, like the M2 in my case, and make the mistake of pressing a stance button, your character will try to pick up and carry the MG. Since this obviously isn't possible, it will in turn trigger an Arma 2 bug... oh well, this video will explain it better :P

How do you get that M2 action dialog to come up? I can't get it no matter what soldier I put in.

Use the Right Windows key to open the interaction menu to see the CSW menu.

Server has crashed about 5 times while playing now. We have been testing the ACE maps that came with ACE.

Free: Memory block corrupt.

Free: Memory block corrupt.

^ in your rpt file just before the crash. I've seen that before in other instances (not ArmA).

Ref:

Memory corruption can occur when allocated (and in use) memory is overwritten accidentally. Buffer overruns -- caused by writing past the end of a block of allocated memory -- frequently corrupt memory.

Run a memory test, It could be a bad memory chip.