Sign in to follow this  
sickboy

A.C.E. Advanced Combat Environment - Public Beta!

Alright I've deleted my @CBA folder and am running the Six updater, we'll see what happens.

EDIT: HOLY CRAP! That worked better that I expected it to. Pretty much all of the many bugs I was having with ACE2 have vanished now! SICKBOY - I LOVE YOU! Okay... I just really like you is all... :yay:

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

i was thinking

wouldnt it be great that when a sertain enemy surrenders,

we have the ability to arrest him.

and maybe call support for taking him in custody

(new items "tyribs" and "black bags")

could be very usefull...

i would love to see this in ACE 2.

Edited by =KCT=BlackMamba

Check your arma 2 directory for a shortcut, there should be one made for you it says ArmA 2 @ace @acex etc

or, find your arma2.exe in your arma 2 folder, right click shortcut and then add in the target line

-nosplash -mod=@ACE;@ACEX;@CBA;@ACEX_SM

at the end of the target lnie :)

the parachute does not deploy like in the ACE youtube video, because i checked the video after getting problems and its the seal team campaign 3 that has ACE support

Oh, realized there is more than one thread :)

Nevertheless, can't reproduce your issue. The parachute is part of the HuntIR model :)

Please check which ACE 2 version you have.

Xeno

Umm hate to say it but I have just reinstalled ACE 2 with the six updater - have the latest version and guess what? I have the same problem, no Venom in the editor and only an empty one available which comes up with BMP error, so I guess it hasnt been fixed unless there is something im missing...

Well I'm using version 0.1.193 and it works fine for me. I only had that error in one of the previous versions.

th.d4ba001.jpg

Edited by randir14

I'm have a minor sound issue but i'm not sure if it's my end because i have had sound problems before.

When i get fired upon it's hard to tell by the loudness of the firing gun if it's 50m or 300m away. I often find myself looking for the shooter within short distance to find out the guy was 300m+ away!

anybody having this sound "issue"?

Am i the only one having this issue, in that case i need to buy a new soundcard. But would someone please try this repro and tell me what they think.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a14e30c/n/Sound_issue.utes.pbo

1. Load up ArmA 2 with @ACEX_SM and start the Sound_issue mission.

2. Shoot at the enemies at the end of the runway.

3. The enemies start to shoot back, now listen to the sound of their gun fire.

The enemies is 500m aways but it sounds MUCH closer!

Now try the same without @ACEX_SM and hear the difference. It's like with @ACEX_SM there's barely no fadeout!

Can someone confirm this or is it time for me to get a new soundcard :p

Am i the only one having this issue, in that case i need to buy a new soundcard. But would someone please try this repro and tell me what they think.

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a14e30c/n/Sound_issue.utes.pbo

1. Load up ArmA 2 with @ACEX_SM and start the Sound_issue mission.

2. Shoot at the enemies at the end of the runway.

3. The enemies start to shoot back, now listen to the sound of their gun fire.

The enemies is 500m aways but it sounds MUCH closer!

Now try the same without @ACEX_SM and hear the difference. It's like with @ACEX_SM there's barely no fadeout!

Can someone confirm this or is it time for me to get a new soundcard :p

Yes I have this exact issue, I thought it was just Vopsound but it's the same with ACE_SM. Distant shooters sound like they're 10 metres away, it's very disorienting.

I have an older soundcard - Audigy 2, could this be the culprit?

I used to use my onboard soundcard -> http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/Motherboard/Products_Overview.aspx?ProductID=2986 <- but that gave me problems with the sound in my rear speakers so i took the soundcard from my old computer which also is a Audigy 2 card :p

But without @ACEX_SM the sound is fading out fine!

Could you make the vehicles sounds in ACES_SM louder? I can't hardly hear them while standing next to them passing by, not to mention in a firefight. Also could we have M4s for the Army units ?

Well I'm using version 0.1.193 and it works fine for me. I only had that error in one of the previous versions.

th.d4ba001.jpg

Got the same version - no venom - tried reinstalling also and all the tips Sickboy put down still no joy - still getting BMP error, also tried it with just CBA;ACE:ACEX and zip so i dont know where to go from here...

This bmp error was in one version before @ me too

@ me its sovled

strange thing O.o Sure that there are no old files?

This bmp error was in one version before @ me too

@ me its sovled

strange thing O.o Sure that there are no old files?

Well wouldnt know if any of the files were old it is possible but six- updater ussually deletes them may have a look in the arma rpt

i was thinking

wouldnt it be great that when a sertain enemy surrenders,

we have the ability to arrest him.

and maybe call support for taking him in custody

(new items "tyribs" and "black bags")

could be very usefull...

i would love to see this in ACE 2.

Create a new Issue, list it as feature, so people can discuss this, and only this, and vote on it.

http://dev-heaven.net/projects/ace-mod2/issues

Yes I have this exact issue, I thought it was just Vopsound but it's the same with ACE_SM. Distant shooters sound like they're 10 metres away, it's very disorienting.

Same issue here! ;)

Same issue here! ;)

I dont get this, but some people in our clan can hear a vehile miles and miles away as it if was really close, i think its there sound setup as i used to be like this untill i switched a sound setting in my main sound controller menu for my sound card..

I dont get this, but some people in our clan can hear a vehile miles and miles away as it if was really close, i think its there sound setup as i used to be like this untill i switched a sound setting in my main sound controller menu for my sound card..

But howcome the sounds are fine without @ACEX_SM(for me atleast) :confused:

Can an ACE developer or anyone answer this question for me. Is it possible to back rucksacks from the briefing screen? I've added them to the description text, but no one can pack then until they are in game. Any help would be great.

There is the beginning of an API ( Application Programmer Interface ) for the ruck system. These routines are blessed by me as ok for script writers to use in making missions, etc. That way you don't need to learn the internals that may change over time. :)

They are documented on the BI wiki as part of the Features of ACE2.

Requesting Mods to close this thread in preparation of our next Milestone release.

Requesting Mods to close this thread in preparation of our next Milestone release.

So what are your feelings about the success of ACE2 so far?