Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

BC6 Feelings

This thread will contain few small modifications to some original ArmA2 aspects of the game such as:

Leader command icons:

icons_bc6Feeling_17_s.jpg

BC6_Feeling_ICONS.pbo -> (Download) (1.5mb) (Version 1.0.1, "2009-11-18")

Note: there are some Icons, civilians and some others that were not built yet. I might do them later to complete every vanilla unit.

Accuracy/dispersion values:

BC6_Feeling_ACC.pbo (N/A)

Field of View:

BC6_Feeling_FOV.pbo (N/A)

Different UI:

BC6_Feeling_UI_CAD.pbo (N/A)

BC6_Feeling_UI_VET.pbo (N/A)

How to install:

Create a folder inside ArmA2 directory like this:

[b]C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\@BC6\AddOns[/b]

Copy the pbo file into the respective directory ...\@BC6\AddOns

Add the following shortcut in the icon proprieties on your desktop:

[b]"C:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\ArmA2.exe" -mod=@BC6[/b]

Edited by bravo 6

sweet ! i didn`t like the new arma2 standard icoons a bit , but these are just great !

Is this also working in mp ? no key needed for the server admin ?

tnks

Excellent.

How do the dispersion values work with the latest betas?

-k

How do the dispersion values work with the latest betas?-k

Not released yet.

@Bravo 6 : Tested, great addition, nice work.Thank you.

Error:

Cannot load texture Bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_ins_rifleman_ak74s_ca.paa.

I did not have any units with me (played solo). I was playing with ACM and SOM module so i think this problem comes from ACM generated squads (AI).

The icons look great man good work, and i think with 1 pixel black border around them it will be even bestest. :)

Alex

Is this also working in mp ? no key needed for the server admin ?

It works on MP. I been using them for some time now, and i decided to share them with the community.

Error:

I did not have any units with me (played solo). I was playing with ACM and SOM module so i think this problem comes from ACM generated squads (AI).

The icons look great man good work, and i think with 1 pixel black border around them it will be even bestest. :)

The problem and erros appears because somehow the file does not exist. Ill work on it for a next and updated version. Thanks for the info.

With 1 pixel they would simply differ from the vehicle icons. Thats why i didn't followed your previous suggestion.

How do the dispersion values work with the latest betas?

Not quite sure, but they will work similar to these icons. ;)

All i can say is the bullet will hit the exact place you aim and fire.

Note: there are some Icons, civilians and some others that were not built yet. I might do them later to complete every vanilla unit.

With 1 pixel they would simply differ from the vehicle icons. Thats why i didn't followed your previous suggestion.

Hmm wonder if you understand what i mean. When i had your icons against some ground textures its hard to see them. An outline around the edge of the units (following their curves exactlly) would make them stand out and look better. Oh well its your addon. :)

And it is a superb addon. ;)

EDIT:

Bravo6: All i can say is the bullet will hit the exact place you aim and fire.

Is this implemented with the icons now?

Alex

All i can say is the bullet will hit the exact place you aim and fire.
Is this implemented with the icons now?

Nagative.

In the discussion thread, this one, few people said they would prefer to have things separated, so i did.

Took me some time but things are on wheels now.

Nagative.

In the discussion thread, this one, few people said they would prefer to have things separated, so i did.

Took me some time but things are on wheels now.

Rgr that mate. Im not really into the hitting where i aim thingy. :) But your making it separate addon so its all good. Love your icons man. Superb.

EDIT: Sorry mate if i missed it. But is this gonna be fixed?

BRAVO6_ICONS.jpg

The rank and medic icons goes behind the number.

Alex

Edited by Alex72

Havent download this addon yet, but I was just wondering, is it possible to distinguish between unit that is low on ammo/out of ammo and unit that is injured? As of right now (BIS Default), when injured the unit icon goes red (make sense). But when unit out of ammo, they also goes red. So sometimes I see my squad all goes red but dont know who exactly was injured that need medic attention. If that is possible, then it will be great

FYI: Warning Message: Cannot load texture bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_ins_rifleman_ak74s_ca.paa.

is it possible to distinguish between unit that is low on ammo/out of ammo and unit that is injured? As of right now (BIS Default), when injured the unit icon goes red (make sense). But when unit out of ammo, they also goes red. So sometimes I see my squad all goes red but dont know who exactly was injured that need medic attention. If that is possible, then it will be great

Well i think we should be able to see the different colors, but some how they are the same, though the color codes are different.

Im not the right person to confirm this, but i would say there is a Original BIS bug on this particular subject.

I think the class referred to what you desire and want is related to this:

class UnitIcon 
	{

color[] = {0.950000, 0.950000, 0.950000, 1};
		colorPlayer[] = {0.950000, 0.950000, 0.950000, 0.8};
		colorNoAmmo[] = {0.500000, 0.500000, 0.500000, 1};
		colorWounded[] = {0.800000, 0, 0, 1};
		colorWoundedFade[] = {0, 0, 0, 1};
	};

Now, as you can see the colors should be different but they appear the same, unfortunately. Does this mean, a new line to add to the BIS bugged list? Is this is not the case please let me know, so i can fix it.

FYI: Warning Message: Cannot load texture bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_ins_rifleman_ak74s_ca.paa.

Thanks, that looks the same message error that was already reported. I already fixed, by creating the icon, and that particular error will be fine in the next version.

Nice one, bravo 6!

After an update which fixes the known error-message (Cannot load texture bc6_feeling_icons\data\ico\bc6_ins_rifleman_ak74s_ ca.paa.) it will be a must-have for me!:thumbsup:

The FR guys i played with there (image on previous page) have their old icons but you made them grey i think(?). Are you gonna change them somehow or leave them like that?

Just checking. :)