Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

I see. Given your explanation and as you said, the problem in the UH60 is probably the same. Don't understand why they would use a different config system for that one vehicle, but anyway, thanks for the clearing up guys :)

For one, they weren't designing it for Mando's benefit. :p

As a vanilla vehicle, it works fine and is pretty cool.

For one, they weren't designing it for Mando's benefit. :p

As a vanilla vehicle, it works fine and is pretty cool.

No-one suggested it should have been designed for Mando's benefit.

However GossamerSolid pointed out and (I think) most would agree that unconventional configs are bad practice in programming and therefore aren't conducive to further development. And let's face it, much of BI's success rests on the efforts of modding community and BI's efforts to support it.

No-one suggested it should have been designed for Mando's benefit.

Hence the little emoticon I used to denote a silly joke.

Not that I'm any expert in BI config, quite the opposite, but it might happen that the purpose of these "weird" configs is to prevent the pilot to use these weapons so that a gunner is always required.

Not that I'm any expert in BI config, quite the opposite, but it might happen that the purpose of these "weird" configs is to prevent the pilot to use these weapons so that a gunner is always required.

That's part of it, I'm sure. The other part, I think, is so that the pilot can fire the cannon while the gunner can simultaneously fire the CRV7-PG rockets.

That's part of it, I'm sure. The other part, I think, is so that the pilot can fire the cannon while the gunner can simultaneously fire the CRV7-PG rockets.

Right, but the problem is that BIS made everything else different so the Lynx hasn't followed the standard, therefore causing issues :rolleyes:

And yet the gunner's only there to control the laser-target-thingy :rolleyes: as you can't even use the rockets on gunner seat. That is true though, as a vanilla vehicle, it works fine.

Hey Mandoble,

Have an idea for you to think about .....

I remember that when messing around in MM test missions there was one in which you could change the missile performance (acceleration/turn rate etc) and most importantly GROUND AVOIDANCE!

Now here's the thing .... would it be possible to create an AI pilot that could therefore fly nape of the earth using something like your ground avoidance script ?

No, to completely change the behaviour of AI pilots ( both helo and fixed wing ) for ever!

I dont think it could be done as it would interfere with all the IA of the pilots, and building from scratch a parallel IA which also includes NOE would be too much work with more than unclear results.

Said that, a new update is quite close and one of the most important changes will be the RWR which now will display bearing but not range of the incoming missile, so the pilots will need to look for the incoming missile in order to maneouver and drop countermeasures correctly. Hope this will be an addition to gameplay and not just the opposite.

Edited by Mandoble

hi Mandoble, i have been playing a Version Warfare BE ACE, and for the love of god i cant get the ATGM of the BMP3 and T90 to work same with the BTR90 some players are also having some issue with other ones like the javlen. But we are Enjoying the Air systems and AA systems.

question ANy way to get some Items working with ace and others not? i want to disable the ones that are currently broken "CSW TOW,MiTS, AT5, ARKAN,INVAR,REflex"

mission file

thanks for this really really great mod btw.

SirScorpion, these issues were detected by Shuravi-rnd, and it seems that ACE2 changed the weapons loaded by these vehicles. Now Shuravi has a test version of MMA to verify that everything works fine again (hopefully). If so, the new setups will be included in imminent MMA update.

Hey Mandoble, is there any way to disable your mod for ground fired missiles such as the Metis, Konkurs and TOW etc. But keep it activated for aircraft and anti air missiles?

Hartmann, yes. Copy the mando_missiles\mando_setup_full.sqf script into your mission folder, open it and comment these lines activating systems you dont want to use. Then, instead of executing the default mando_setup_full.sqf from init.sqf or using the corresponding gamelogic, execute the new one directly present in your mission folder from your mission's init.sqf.

Hey Mando,

I wanted to post much earlier, but didn't really find the time. I was able to solve the previously discussed problem with the twin-spawned missiles (normal + mando), by modifying a parameter benny added to Warfare BE, which deletes guided missiles at a specified range.

I simply set this param to 1m by default and that way the there is a secondary check that deletes standard missiles, in case MMA misses one, like what seems to happen on our server at least all the time. Anyway with this extra check, everything works as it should now.

Another thing:

Is there an easy way to add a minimum range to the SCUD launch console? I would like to bring it into a warfare variant of mine using conventional warheads only (which works great), but for game balance reasons I would like to impose a large min radius of 5-10km.

Cheers!

Hi Nyles,

the problem of dual missile is caused by a bug and timing issue introducted with latest official OA patch. Spyder is helping me to test workarounds and probably current MMA test version is fixing these issues already. Being that the case, worst you can do is to make something else to remove the missile that MMA wants to detect in order to get its current velocity and up vectors to replace it by an indentical MMA one.

About the SCUD, the console doesnt have any minimum range parameter (which you may include one in script suite based missions). You can also decrease turning rate of the SCUD, so it will take longer to complete the parabolic curve to go nose down, and the side effect is that practical minimum range would be increased.

Hi, I've got a customized and working version of Mando's excellent Air Support Console up and running for BluFor (west) forces in our group's current Domination for A2 OA ACE 2.

Having used Mando's resources and the MMAReadMe First file to develop the my_console_setup file, the air support stuff is working perfectly.

Now, when I try to develop the near equivalent resource for a mission we our developing for OpFor (east) forces, I am having two problems.

1. when the ammo drop is called for, the helo arrives and drops an empty parachute that lands and spawns the type of ammo crate specified in the "my_console_setup" file that has the default weapons and magazine and NOT the ones specified in the "my_console_setup"

* i've tried this without specifying the type of ammo box and it simply drops an empty parachute with no ammo box and fails to spawn any kind of crate once the chute lands

2. Carpet Bombing: type of plane specified, custom code for SU-25 used (found here in the forum) yet the AI approaches target point and fails to drop the bombs

I've attached the entirety of the "my_console_setup" in the body of this post - the equivalent, but side-appropriate, version works flawless for west forces, just not sure why these two things aren't workinig for east forces.

Any help or suggestions would be welcomed.

**my_console_setup**

Sleep 1;
//Air Support Console Setup East v.1.5
// these lines required to customize Mando Air Support Console
// Init.sqf
mando_support_left_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_ca_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_pa_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_rc_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_am_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_ve_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_re_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_cp_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_ev_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_la_EAST = 16;
mando_support_left_cb_EAST = 16;
mando_airsupport_type = "ACE_Su34_MR_Des"; 
mando_airsupport_type_ca = "Mi24_P";
mando_airsupport_type_pa = "Mi24_V";
mando_airsupport_type_pal = "Mi24_V";
mando_airsupport_type_rc = "ACE_Su34_MR_Des";
mando_airsupport_type_ev = "Mi24_V";
mando_airsupport_type_am = "Mi17_rockets_RU";
mando_airsupport_type_ve = "Mi17_rockets_RU"; 
mando_airsupport_type_cp = "ACE_Su34_Des";
mando_airsupport_ypte_cb = "Su25_Ins"; 
mando_airsupport_type_la = "ACE_Su34_Des";
mando_airsupport_max_cas = 3;

mando_reco_cam_pos = [0,3,-2];
mando_airsupport_cmissile = ship1;

mando_airsupport_armedrec = true;
mando_airsupport_armedrec_man = false; // Set it to true for manual guidance for missiles fired 

from armed reco planes
mando_airsupport_armedrec_max = 16;
mando_airsupport_bomb_altmax = 1000;
mando_ingress_dir = 45;
mando_airsupport_bomb_alt = 150;
mando_airsupport_cmissile_pos = [0,-4, 1];
mando_airsupport_cmissile_alt = 300;

mando_airsupport_jump = false; // reinforcements and airborne assault will land and disembark 

instead of jump from chopper.

mando_support_no_cas = false;
mando_support_no_br = false;
mando_support_no_ff = false;
mando_support_no_sa = false;
mando_support_no_gs = false;
mando_support_no_ab = false;
mando_support_no_cm = true;
mando_support_no_sat = true;
mando_support_no_rc = false;
mando_support_no_ev = false;
mando_support_no_la = false;
mando_support_no_am = false;
mando_support_no_ve = false;
mando_support_no_re = false;
mando_support_no_cp = false;
mando_support_no_cb = false;

// Info text displayed in the setup / info dialog (this is an structured text)
mando_airsupport_info = "Mission info: <br />Try altitudes between 190 and 250m for carpet 

bombing.<br /><br /><t color='#ff0000'>Objetive:</t><br />Eliminate enemy presence in the area 

/>Try also the support options available for this mission (all the setup is into init.sqf 

script).<br /><t color='#ffAA00'></t><br /><br />Note that the options you see below are fully 

customizable using globals (same as this text block), check online help for more info.";

// Setup dialog options 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5 dont set any of these variables if you dont want special options
mando_airsupport_opt1_text = "Gunships Support Type";
mando_airsupport_opt1_array = ["Mi24_V", "ACE_Su39"];
mando_airsupport_opt1_action = 
{
private["_item"];
_item = _this select 0;
mando_airsupport_type_ca = _item;
};

mando_airsupport_opt2_text = "Airborne Assault Type";
mando_airsupport_opt2_array = ["Rifle Platoon", "Urban Assault Platoon","Anti-Armor 

Platoon","Missile Platoon"];
mando_airsupport_opt2_action = 
{
private["_item"];
_item = _this select 0;
switch (_item) do
{
case "Rifle Platoon":
{
mando_support_infantrytype = ["ACE_RU_Soldier_SL_D", "ACE_RU_Soldier_Medic_D", 

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_GL_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_LAT_D","ACE_R

U_Soldier_Sniper_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_Spotter_D"];
};

case "Urban Assault Platoon":
{

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_GL_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_RPOM_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_RPOM_D","AC

E_RU_Soldier2_D","ACE_RU_Soldier2_D"];
};

case "Anti-Armor Platoon":
{

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_HAT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_HAT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_

RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_LAT_D"];
};

case "Missile Platoon":
{
mando_support_infantrytype = ["ACE_RU_Soldier_TL_D", "ACE_RU_Soldier_Medic_D", 

"ACE_SoldierE_KonkursG_D","ACE_SoldierE_KonkursAG_D","ACE_SoldierE_KonkursG_D","ACE_SoldierE_Ko

nkursAG_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_SniperH_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_Spotter_D"];
};
};
};

mando_airsupport_opt3_text = "Reinforcements Type";
mando_airsupport_opt3_array = ["Rifle Platoon", "Urban Assault Platoon","Anti-Armor 

Platoon","Missile Platoon"];
mando_airsupport_opt3_action = 
{
private["_item"];
_item = _this select 0;
switch (_item) do
{
case "Rifle Platoon":
{
mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["ACE_RU_Soldier_SL_D", "ACE_RU_Soldier_Medic_D", 

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_GL_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_LAT_D","ACE_R

U_Soldier_Sniper_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_Spotter_D"];
};

case "Urban Assault Platoon":
{
mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["ACE_RU_Soldier_SL_D", "ACE_RU_Soldier_Medic_D", 

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_GL_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_RPOM_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_RPOM_D","AC

E_RU_Soldier2_D","ACE_RU_Soldier2_D"];
};

case "Anti-Armor Platoon":
{

"ACE_RU_Soldier_AR_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_HAT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_HAT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_

RU_Soldier_AT_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_LAT_D"];
};

case "Missile Platoon":
{
mando_support_infantrytype_re = ["ACE_RU_Soldier_TL_D", "ACE_RU_Soldier_Medic_D", 

"ACE_SoldierE_KonkursG_D","ACE_SoldierE_KonkursAG_D","ACE_SoldierE_KonkursG_D","ACE_SoldierE_Ko

nkursAG_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_SniperH_D","ACE_RU_Soldier_Spotter_D"];
};
};
};

mando_airsupport_opt4_text = "Vehicle Supply Type";
mando_airsupport_opt4_array = ["UAZ_AGS30_TK_EP1", 

"ACE_BTR70_RU_D","KamazReammo","KamazRefuel","KamazRepair"];
mando_airsupport_opt4_action = 
{
private["_item"];
_item = _this select 0;
mando_airsupport_type_vehicle = _item;

if (isNil "mando_airsupport_type_ambox") then
{
if (_side != east) then
{
if (_side == resistance) then
{
mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "WeaponBoxGuer";
}
else
{
mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "WeaponBoxWest";
};
}
else
{
mando_airsupport_type_ambox = "WeaponBoxEast";
};

mando_airsupport_opt5_text = "Ammo Supply Options";
mando_airsupport_opt5_array = ["Basic Small Arms", "AT & Explosives","Heavy Weapons Crate"];
mando_airsupport_opt5_action = 
{
private["_item"];
_item = _this select 0;
switch (_item) do
{
case "Basic Small Arms":
{
mando_airsupport_magz = [["100Rnd_762x54_PK", 5],["ACE_75Rnd_762x39_B_AK47", 10],["ACE_75Rnd_545x39_T_RPK", 10],["ACE_30Rnd_762x39_T_AK47", 20],["ACE_30Rnd_545x39_T_AK", 20],["ACE_64Rnd_9x19_S_Bizon", 10],["ACE_8Rnd_12Ga_Buck00_Saiga12", 10],["8Rnd_B_Saiga12_74Slug", 10],["10Rnd_762x54_SVD", 
10],["ACE_10Rnd_762x54_T_SVD",10],["5Rnd_127x108_KSVK", 10],["ACE_5Rnd_127x108_T_KSVK", 
10],["ACE_1Rnd_HE_GP25P", 20],["ACE_1Rnd_CS_GP25",10],["1Rnd_SmokeGreen_GP25", 10],["1Rnd_SmokeRed_GP25", 
10],["1Rnd_SmokeYellow_GP25", 10],["1Rnd_SMOKE_GP25", 10],["HandGrenade",20],["HandGrenade_East", 20],["ACE_RG60A", 
10],["ACE_RDGM", 20],["ACE_TORCH_C",20],["IR_Strobe_Target", 10],["SmokeShellBlue", 
10],["SmokeShellGreen", 10],["SmokeShellYellow",10],["SmokeShellRed", 10],["ACE_Medkit", 20],["ACE_Bandage", 20],["ACE_Epinephrine", 20],["ACE_Morphine", 20]];
mando_airsupport_weap = [["ACE_Earplugs", 5],["ACE_GlassesGasMask_RU", 5],["ACE_SpottingScope", 1],["ACE_WireCutter", 1]];
};

case "AT & Explosives":
{
mando_airsupport_magz = [["ACE_RPG29_PG29", 3],["ACE_RPG29_TBG29", 3],["ACE_PG7VM_PGO7", 3],["ACE_PG7V_PGO7", 6],["ACE_PG7VR_PGO7", 3],["ACE_TBG7V_PGO7", 3],["ACE_OG7_PGO7", 3],["ACE_RPG27", 3],["ACE_RSHG1", 3],["Javelin", 2],["Dragon_EP1", 2],["Stinger", 2],["ACE_C4_M", 8],["Pipebomb", 8],["ACE_M86PDM", 4],["ACE_Claymore_M", 4],["ACE_BBetty_M", 4],["ACE_TripFlare_M", 4],["ACE_M2SLAM_M", 4],["Mine", 4],["Laserbatteries", 1],["ACE_Medkit", 20],["ACE_Bandage", 20],["ACE_Epinephrine", 20],["ACE_Morphine", 20]];
mando_airsupport_weap = [["ACE_RPG27", 3],["ACE_RSHG1", 3],["Stinger", 1],["Laserdesignator", 1]];
};

case "Heavy Weapons Crate":
{
mando_airsupport_magz = [["ACE_AGS30_CSWDM", 5],["ACE_KORD_CSWDM", 10],["ACE_Medkit", 20],["ACE_Bandage", 20],["ACE_Epinephrine", 20],["ACE_Morphine", 20]];
mando_airsupport_weap = [["ACE_AGS30Proxy", 1],["ACE_AGS30TripodProxy",1],["ACE_KORDProxy", 1],["ACE_6T7TripodProxy", 1]];
};

case "Mortar Crate":
{
mando_airsupport_magz = [["ACE_AGS30_CSWDM", 5],["ACE_KORD_CSWDM", 10],["ACE_Medkit", 20],["ACE_Bandage", 20],["ACE_Epinephrine", 20],["ACE_Morphine", 20]];
mando_airsupport_weap = [["ACE_AGS30Proxy", 1],["ACE_AGS30TripodProxy",1],["ACE_KORDProxy", 1],["ACE_6T7TripodProxy", 1]];
};
}; 
};

["MMA Air Support Console", {(typeOf vehicle player == "BTR90_HQ") && (player == driver vehicle 

player)}]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf";

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for SU30
mando_airsupport_carpetcode = 
if (side player == east) then
{
mando_airsupport_type_cb = "Su25_Ins";
//   mando_airsupport_type_cb = "Su25_TK_EP1";

// Carpet bombing custom code global variable for Su25
mando_airsupport_carpetcode =
{
private["_plane", "_targetpos", "_widx"];
_plane = _this select 0;
_targetpos = _this select 1;
while {(([getPos _plane select 0, getPos _plane select 1, 0] distance _targetpos) > 2000) && 

(alive _plane)} do
{
Sleep 1;
};

if (alive _plane) then
{
_widx = [_plane, "AirBombLauncher"] call mando_weaponindex;
for [{_i=0}, {_i<4}, {_i=_i+1}] do
{
_plane action ["useWeapon", _plane, driver _plane,  _widx];
Sleep 0.4;
};
};
}; 

// End of options setup dialog configuration

["MMA Air Support Console", {(typeOf vehicle player == "BTR90_HQ") && (player == driver vehicle 

player)}]execVM"mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf";

Edited by Theopolus
Please add "code" tags when posting a script to prevent the page from becoming a mile long ;)

Hi Theopolus,

For the carpet bombing make sure the weapon class name used by your Su25_TK_EP1 is "AirBombLauncher". Rest of the carpet code seems fine.

Other is that it seems you are executing "mando_missiles\mando_bombs\mando_giveme_console.sqf"; twice, before carpet bombing definition and after it.

About the ammo box, make sure the ammo box class that you use has a 3D model, try with different east side models and if all of them fails, use the west one but fill it up with opfor weapons/mags.

When ....... it's ........ ready !

You are new to these forums but still no excuse for reading the rules. Do not ask authors when the next release it out.

Hey Mando,

Had a question.....

Which scripts in your addon would I need to edit (and how) to allow the ah1z to go into remote mode and receive laser targets from other players?

Also, in several missions I am using the deck of the LHD as a HELO FARP, so having an ammo truck on the deck isn't really realistic (for using mma rearm), is it possible to enable mma rearm from a vehicle weapons crate?

Thanks,

-AD

Edited by ADuke

ADuke, AH1Z already has that feature from the TV. Activate it and use F3 to toggle between local and remote, from there you can also transmit your targets to others with F6. This mode is not present in the HUD, this gives a bit of advantage to AH64 over AH1Z.

You can define an array of classes as valid rearming points, check instructions and example here.

SirScorpion, next version is already finished and under tests now. It might be out as soon as next weekend.

You can define an array of classes as valid rearming points, check instructions and example here.

Link seems to be broken, but thanks for your reply.

-AD