Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Is it normal that after I spent all A2A-missiles of one type the other weapons (bombs, A-G-missiles, not other a2a-missiles) magically switch positions? i.e. when I shoot both sidewinders on the F/A-18 the droptank is suddenly placed on a wingtip and even worse when I spend all other a2a-missiles the other weapons are all over the bird. Same happens with the F-16. I didn't test other planes so far.

All A2A-missiles fired:

weird9cx7.jpg

No A2A-missiles fired:

wnormalyose.jpg

It happens in some planes depending on the weapon configurations, it is an ArmA2 bug noted long time ago and never fixed by BIS, it is related to useWeapon and fireAtTarget commands.

It was one or two years ago, no idea whether it is still there or not. To reproduce the A2 bug is way easy, just create a mission with the player in an US A10 and use this init.sqf:

Sleep 1;
_handle = (vehicle player) fireAtTarget [objNull, "MaverickLauncher"];
Sleep 1;
_handle = (vehicle player) fireAtTarget [objNull, "MaverickLauncher"];

Switch to external and you will see that the Sidewinders and LGBs have been repositioned automatically.

This bug is most cosmetical than anything, but it has been there for years now. Note that fireAtTarget command exists only for OA, for A2 you had the very same effect with "useWeapon" action.

New setup for Tuguska's commanders almost finished, gunner keeps his MMA HUD, commander may mark targets for him, and if the gunner is AI, order him to engage current target. Commander cannot anymore TAB, order gunner to fire, TAB, repeat, etc.

R1yzXpJKpco

That new commander's view for the Tunguska looks excellent. Any chance of using a B&W thermal camera instead of the normal image there?

Would be nice to have this target acquisition system also for the Shilka. Even without missiles it would still help a lot to assign targets as commander.

Not sure about the thermal vision though. Maybe night vision?

Nyles, ATM I'm not planning to add such an interface for the Shilka, mostly because as it is not armed with missiles, having the commander in the foreverloop TAB/FIRE/TAB/FIRE is not so problematic, in most cases the gunner will fail.

BTW, you have your minimum range for SCUDS implemented and graphically visible from the SCUD consiole ;)

In addition to what mando said, I don't think the shilka has any sort of surveillance radar.

In addition to what mando said, I don't think the shilka has any sort of surveillance radar.

Though it does have ranging radar, for accurate target speed and distance calculations, to assist with target aiming. That's what the giant dish on top is for.

And now with old style camera (not IR) and some chat from the AI gunner.

Y8lAYs9Nbrk

This MMA test version (addon) is already including the Tunguska's commander setup.

Hey Mando, i'm having one little issue thats about to drive me nuts..

On the apache hud, the 3 horizon lines are there but I also have 3 others that are all distorted and floating .

I have tried reinstalling and everything I can think of.

If nothing else where are those lines located in the code,I could try deleting..

Thanks and love the mod

Mac495, might you link here an screenshot with the distorted floating lines?

EDIT: Perhaps you re talking about the terrain following ones? Lines that follow the terrain elevation in front of your sight helping you to fly at low alts by night or with heavy fog.

yes the 3 horz ones in middle of monocol

Edit- where are screen shots saved to?

These 3 lines follow the terrain in front of you in steps of 500m ahead, displaying elevations and depressions, is not that they are distorted.

Are these the lines?

terrain_following.jpg

Edit- Ya thats them, never realized thats what they were..

Doh, My bad, ok can I edit those out?

Edited by Mac495

sorry to disturb you Mandoble but I keep getting spammed with the following rpt errors whilst flying the black ka52. Haven't checked the other kamov or the other aircraft yet. Only seemed to start happening after the ACE update on Friday. I'd send the mission file but we have personal addons.

//==================================================

File mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead1_nohe.sqf, line 35

Error in expression <= getPos _target;

};

};

if ((_posl distance _pos) < 30) then

{

if ((_posl s>

Error position: <distance _pos) < 30) then

{

if ((_posl s>

Error Type Any, expected Number

File mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead1_nohe.sqf, line 42

Error in expression <h, cos(_angh)*_radh, sin(_angv)*_radv];

drop [_drop1, "", "SpaceObject", 0.1, 6,>

Error position: <drop [_drop1, "", "SpaceObject", 0.1, 6,>

Error Generic error in expression

File mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead1_nohe.sqf, line 108

drop [_drop1, "", "SpaceObject", 0.1, 6,>

Error position: <drop [_drop1, "", "SpaceObject", 0.1, 6,>

File mando_missiles\warheads\mando_missilehead1_nohe.sqf, line 108

drop [_drop1, "", "Billboard", 1, 3, _po>

Error position: <drop [_drop1, "", "Billboard", 1, 3, _po>

//=======================================================

Again, sorry to disturb you.

Tog - TF86

Nyles, ATM I'm not planning to add such an interface for the Shilka, mostly because as it is not armed with missiles, having the commander in the foreverloop TAB/FIRE/TAB/FIRE is not so problematic, in most cases the gunner will fail.

BTW, you have your minimum range for SCUDS implemented and graphically visible from the SCUD consiole ;)

YAY! :D

Thanks a lot! :D

Mac495, in next release these lines will be active only when flying at quite low altitudes (below 80m).

Togoforb, these are detonation scripts triggered by the missiles fired from the Kamov. If this is happening to you only after last Friday ACE2 update, then you may check whether this update came with changes that might affect Kamovs or its missiles.

Are you playing MMA script suite based mission or addon based? If the second, you might try latest test version present here.

Hey Mando, I just tried the SCUD min-range out, really nice! Thanks a lot!

There is one small problem with it however:

If you select a target but not launch the missile and drive closer to the marker instead, you can circumvent the min-range restriction and fire the SCUD from much shorter distances.

Would it be possible to always reset the target marker when you enter the target menu again, when you are closer than the minimum distance?

Glad to see the NLAW has gotten a fix. Well done. I'm still not being able to get it to attack top down, however, or the Javelin for that matter, despite being on the correct mode.

No real biggie, but perhaps something to consider for next time. Keep up the good work.

Cameron, the issue with the Javelin top down attack happens for you with or without ACE2? Remember that the target will need to have a separation of more than 500m to have the missile going up.

Cameron, the issue with the Javelin top down attack happens for you with or without ACE2? Remember that the target will need to have a separation of more than 500m to have the missile going up.

I'll have to test this, but I might be having the same issue. I've noticed that the missile heads towards the target on TOP mode, pretty much the same way it does on DIR mode.