Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

gunterlund21, the code vars are code vars spawned (if defined) when each kind of mission is created. It is up to the mission editor what to put inside, you can also define their code contents depending on options selected from the setup & info dialog (like any other console global), or depending on mission conditions, etc.

As a little example, adding a co-pilot to reinforcements choppers

mando_airsupport_code_re = 
{
  private ["_grp", "_heli", "_copilot"];

// A copilot is added to the crew of the reinforcements chopper
  _grp = _this select 0;
  _heli = vehicle (leader _grp);
  _copilot = _grp createUnit [typeOf (_leader _grp),[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
  _copilot setskill 0.5;
  _copilot setRank "PRIVATE";
  _copilot moveInCargo _heli;

// You may add here the creation of two fighters to scort _heli along its waypoints

};

Mando, quick question. I am using the code above to add a co pilot to an evac chopper. Had to change this line:

_copilot moveInCargo _heli;

to this:

_copilot moveInCargo [_heli,12];

Otherwise, the copilot ends up in the back. The other problem I ran across, the chopper lands, but takes off before I can even get to it. Is there some type of check for cargo which is counting the copilot before I'm even in the chopper?

I also added a crewchief and doorgunner to the turret positions, and removed the copilot, but the chopper touched down, and took off again.

Edited by panther42

Panther, the EVAC mission checks for occupants of the chopper, if more than one (the pilot) a count down starts and then the chopper takes off. You may change the code inside to adjust these conditions.

Hi Mando,

congrats to release! Really good work :ok:

(and thx for the mention in the release notes :bounce3: )

HI Mando.

First of all thanks for your great work and add on...

I have a problem i hope you can help me.

Even if I didn't add any object of your suite, I get in game the action MMA Score (white test).

Is this normal?

Hi Mandoble,

Is there a way to disable BIS standard lock sounds (and reticle) when using MMA ? Having 'a' lock sound (Yes I know it's not a growl) is offputting.

Hello again.

Turns out something definitely isn't working as flawlessly as it did in the previous version.

I tested several possibilities (sound mod incompatibility (has happened, honest), particular addons, specific vehicles combos ingame).

One of the problems i found is rather ironic. Testing the MH60S with the whole ASW package mando gives it, on its own it loads mando instantly on mission start. put the sub i want to hunt down and mando doesn't auto-load.

Another one worked the other way round. Had two planes (blufor vs opfor), mando loaded. Once i re-loaded with only the blufor one, it didn't start mando.

Hi Mandoble,

Is there a way to disable BIS standard lock sounds (and reticle) when using MMA ? Having 'a' lock sound (Yes I know it's not a growl) is offputting.

There's a mod for that.

Panther, the EVAC mission checks for occupants of the chopper, if more than one (the pilot) a count down starts and then the chopper takes off. You may change the code inside to adjust these conditions.

Is there a way to just check if the player is in (vehicle this), instead of the count. I would like to have several types of evac choppers, which the crew count does not work with. This would be much better with a variable, instead of changing the code in the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf.

I tried several different variations, but none work. The one thing they did do, though, was kept the helicopter engine running while on the ground. The current config shuts the helicopter engine off, and you have to wait for the timeout before it starts again.

Here are a couple I tried instead of the crew count:

["true", "if ((vehicle this) == player) then{(vehicle this) flyinHeight 50};"];

["player in (vehicle this)", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 50"];

and multiple variations of each, but I could not get the helicopter to lift off towards the evac destination.

Edited by panther42

Hi mandoble, further to my question about BIS standard lock on sounds, that xeno426 answered, is it possible to build something like that into MMA scripts and addon? Perhaps having it as parameters that can be toggles on/off.

Hi mandoble, further to my question about BIS standard lock on sounds, that xeno426 answered, is it possible to build something like that into MMA scripts and addon? Perhaps having it as parameters that can be toggles on/off.

Unfortunately not, it's a config based thing.

What Goss said. That mod (which is actually based on a similar mod that Mando already has up, the difference between his and mine being that I added the stationary MANPADS launchers) essentially turns off the standard missile's ability to lock onto anything while simultaneously changing the lock sounds (LockingTargetSound[] and LockedTargetSound[]) to be completely empty and silent ({"", 0, 0}). All of these are parameters that cannot be changed without config edits.

Is there a way to just check if the player is in (vehicle this), instead of the count. I would like to have several types of evac choppers, which the crew count does not work with. This would be much better with a variable, instead of changing the code in the mando_airsupportdlg.sqf.

I tried several different variations, but none work. The one thing they did do, though, was kept the helicopter engine running while on the ground. The current config shuts the helicopter engine off, and you have to wait for the timeout before it starts again.

Here are a couple I tried instead of the crew count:

["true", "if ((vehicle this) == player) then{(vehicle this) flyinHeight 50};"];

["player in (vehicle this)", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 50"];

and multiple variations of each, but I could not get the helicopter to lift off towards the evac destination.

If anyone else is interested, I fixed with the following:

["vehicle player == (vehicle this)", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 50"];

and the second check at the evac destination:

["vehicle player != (vehicle this)", "(vehicle this) flyinHeight 100"];

So simple, yet I overlooked in the wee hours of the morning...:)

Thanks for the brilliant piece of work Mando!

i like mando it's awesome but only in single player for me,

The problem in multiplayer is the warping and limited view distance.

Can't guide a metis rocket (i play only OPFOR ^^ )to a warping vehicle that jumps from a position to another,

Other than that the mod is perfect :)

Warping is an engine issue. Change your viewdistance in game options ! Keep your reticle steady on target! There ya go, all three issues with answers.

Is there a issue with MMA Javelin or why they can't destroy tanks anymore?

In mma_test_ground_addon.utes the missiles fly through tanks and explode behind them. Only using A2OA + CBA + MMA :confused:

IIRC Mando Missile is only compatible with ArmA2 or CO, not ArmA2:OA stand-alone.

Hi.

Would it be possible to only use the nuclear system with the ACE2 mod? And perhaps the SCUD, or would they conflict somehow with ACE? I would use the entire thing but I was under the impression that most of these are already in the ACE mod.

Thanks in advance

Edited by Twan

Hi.

Would it be possible to only use the nuclear system with the ACE2 mod?

You want to set it up so that if you don't have ACE2, you can't use the nuclear SCUD launcher? :raisebrow:

Oh, I didn't know the warheads were only for the SCUDS.

Would they conflict with ACE though?

EDIT: Ah, sorry, I just got your post. I meant that because I only use the ACE2 mod with friends :)

Edited by Twan

As far as I know, the nuclear system is only used by the SCUD launcher. I'm sure it could be adapted to other weapons, though.

Okay, thanks, I will add the echo and gigan folders in a seperate mod folder and launch it with ACE. I wanted to use the SCUD system with it, since it's not included in ACE.

I would like to use the whole mod, but it might screw with some ACE features, such as the hellfires on the Apache.

Hi, not sure why this is happening...

In "mando_airsupportdlg.sqf" I am trying to load out the CH47 (during ammo supply drops) with a full crew, but when I call for an ammo drop there is only a pilot aboard, here is my code....

_driver = _group createUnit [_utype,[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
           _driver setskill 1.0;
           _driver setCombatMode "BLUE";
           _driver setBehaviour "CARELESS";
           _driver setRank "CORPORAL";
           _group selectLeader _driver;
           _driver moveInDriver _plane;

_rampgunner = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
    _rampgunner setRank "Private";
  	    _rampgunner setskill 1.0;
  	    _rampgunner moveInGunner _plane;

_copilot = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
           _copilot setRank "Private";
    _copilot setskill 1.0;
    _copilot moveInCargo [_plane, 0];

_rightgunner = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
    _rightgunner setskill 1.0;
    _rightgunner moveInTurret [_plane, [1]];

_leftgunner = (group driver _plane) createUnit ["USMC_Soldier_Pilot",[0,0,30], [], 0, "FORM"];
    _leftgunner setskill 1.0;
    _leftgunner moveInTurret [_plane, [0]];

Why, oh why, isn't this working?

-AD

Thanks for the mod, looks great.

could I have some advices about how to initiate the addon please? I'm quite new to the game and Is it right for me to assume that you need to manually enter the codes every time want to run this addon? Is there a replacement mopd somewhere that I can use? Can I run this addon on official missions or user created missions distributed online? Thanks.

IIRC Mando Missile is only compatible with ArmA2 or CO, not ArmA2:OA stand-alone.

Nah, I can confirm that Javelins are not working with Arma2 CO and MMA. Locking procedure/firing mode selection works OK, but after firing the missiles fly through the tanks.