Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Say Mando, whatever happened to that change to the TV system that would show the zoom level as a value of magnification rather than a percentage of current zoom? And can you increase maximum zoom? The zoom on the AH-64's camera mode is considerably higher than what you allow.

Armoredfury, something similar was posted few weeks ago, on the other hand they seem to be working for Gossamer's warfare except the airburst one. Were you testing with vanilla A2 or A2 + OA?

Xeno, as far as I remember the zoom in limit was maxed out in latests version to the maximum allowed and the zoom is now displayed as Zoom: %5x, not %. Might be you are still using an old version?

Then open mando_missile_tv.sqf and look for <br />Zoom: %5x <- Prints out the zoom level.

The zoom code is this:

case "onMouseZChanged":
  {
     if (((_this select 1) select 1) > 0) then
     {
        if (mando_cam_scale > 0.2) then
        {
           mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale - 0.1;
        };

if (mando_tvcam_scale > 0.05) then
	  {
		 mando_tvcam_scale = mando_tvcam_scale - 0.05;
	  }
	  else
	  {
		  if (mando_tvcam_scale > 0.01) then
		  {
			 mando_tvcam_scale = (mando_tvcam_scale - 0.01) max 0.01;
		  }	  
	  };
     }
     else
     {
        if (mando_cam_scale < 1) then
        {
           mando_cam_scale = mando_cam_scale + 0.1;
        };

if (mando_tvcam_scale < 1) then
	  {
		  if (mando_tvcam_scale > 0.05) then
		  {	  
			  mando_tvcam_scale = (mando_tvcam_scale + 0.05) min 1;
		  }
		  else
		  {
			  mando_tvcam_scale = mando_tvcam_scale + 0.01;		  
		  };
	  };
     };
  };

Mando: I was testing with A2+OA, patched to the most recent version.

I am going to test it again tomorrow, after tweaking graphics settings with my friend to see if it isn't a graphical issue.

Armoredfury, it cannot (should not) be graphic setting related, might be a bug in A2 engine as a script cannot (should never be able to) kill the game. Might you try that detonation in an area without too many destroyable things, over sea 1Km away of the shore?

Mando, how can I make it so that the fallout appears on the normal map once again? I remember reading that you were going to make a fallout device or something like that and only that could see the fallout of the area.

Love the Mod, just one thing

How do i get the Nuclear devices on the SCUD? I've tried Using

scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2];
-or-
scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 3;]
-or-
scud_launcher setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 4];

in the SCUD vehicle's Init. DO i need to define the vehicle its self as a variable or call this from an external script? I'm using the current release of MMA in addon form with no other mods.

Gossamer and Aliena, here you will find how to activate the fallout console as well as SCUD launcher configurations.

The fallout console looks like this:

mma_scud_fallout.jpg

mando_giveme_mapfallout.sqf has a condition parameter so you can adjust at will when, where and for who this will be available, for example only if player's vehicle class is this or that, etc.

Gossamer and Aliena, here you will find how to activate the fallout console as well as SCUD launcher configurations.

The fallout console looks like this:

http://www.telefonica.net/web2/mandoble/mma_scud_fallout.jpg

mando_giveme_mapfallout.sqf has a condition parameter so you can adjust at will when, where and for who this will be available, for example only if player's vehicle class is this or that, etc.

Thats the doccumentation I refered to at first. It tells me I need to

"set a vehicle variable named mando_scud_type. "

I'm not entirely sure how to go about doing that. (IE. WHERE do i Set the scud type? Do i modify one of the files in the mod? Set it in cehicle init? etc)

/thanks much

Edited by Foxhound
do not quote images please!!

You can do it in vehicle's init fields or in the init.sqf (or anywhere else btw).

vehiclename setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2, true];

if you do it in vehicle's init field you can use this instead of vehiclename.

this setVariable ["mando_scud_type", 2];

Ahh thank you thats what i was doing wrong :)

Wasnt Specifing the individual vehicle (Duhhh Moment)

Hi Mando i've tried to search for an answer so apoigies if I've missed it, but how do I disable the HUD during a cutscence if the player is in an aircraft?

Trenchfeet, have a look to mando_missiles\units\mando_togglemissilehud.sqf, which toggles the hud on/off

mandotarget_disp_on = !mandotarget_disp_on;
if (!mandotarget_disp_on) then
{ 
  3 cutText["", "PLAIN"];
};

Just played with some of the script suite on my dev server last night in a quickie mission. The AI Anti air launchers are very formidable compare to stock AA capabilities when set up properly. Nice work!

We also played around with the player operated SAM system. good stuff :)

Is there a way for me to tell which player fired a mando missile? Like return the vehicle/player

Do you mean who fired or who fired and hit something?

Do you mean who fired or who fired and hit something?

Can I see both of the above and then I can figure out which one would better suit what I need.

who fired and hit you can get in mando_score (and you can override that function with your own, which might be the very same but then doing something with the crew of the firing vehicle). The other (who simply fired) is quite easy to implement from the script suite, just open mando_missile.sqf, one input parameter is the firing unit so you can do with it whatever you want.

How do I change the vehicle type that is inserted via the vehicle supply option in the support console? Do I absolutely have to make a mission file for it or is there a way to change it on the fly in the 2D editor itself?

Usually it is better to create the init.sqf file, easier to modify. But you can create a trigger in the editor, which executes when MMA is initialized (check for mando_missile_init_done) and then in the action field set the console variables to any values you want.

Thank you. One more question, and you'll have to forgive me if the answer is obvious, I'm fairly new to scripting in arma....is there any way to call in more than one vehicle type through the support console (in the same mission)? In other words, is there a way I could request a LAV25 versus a Humvee using the same console?

Yes, from the Setup and Info button, where you can build all the options you want. Check the mando_airsupport_optX vars in the readme. There you will find an example to setup one of the options lisboxes with several options for reinforcements, you can do something pretty close to call for vehicles, etc. From these options the user changes on-the-fly the content of console global vars, so from these listboxes you can change everything.

First of all, thank you Mandoble for the - I'm guessing - thousands of hours this has taken you. It's a great mod that makes air combat so much more exciting. Secondly, I have a question about a specific aircraft. I downloaded the GLT mods at the same time I downloaded Mando, and I got a new aircraft called SU-39. I'm guessing it's GLT, but I read that it has Mando support. I can't figure out how to guide the JDAMs, there's no Mando hud, only a GPS/INS system that doesn't let you drop the bombs. Dropping the bombs manually after designating a target with GPS/INS drops them like rocks.

Is it a missing feature?

I had no idea what SU-39 was so I looked it up, and what I got out of the wikipedia article was that it had improved optics/guidance over the SU-25, yet the SU-25 can fire laser guided missiles in the game ;)

Also, some aircraft only have 1 configuration in the MMA rearm window, which doesn't really make sense since there are multiple versions of the aircraft with different loadouts already in the game.

I'm sorry if there is something I missed. Thank you once again!

Cheers

---------- Post added at 02:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:55 PM ----------

And yeah sorry if this is something the GLT guys have missed.

Probably that Su39 is not supported yet by MMA, does it come with the GLT addon?