Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

@deralky: You can add and override the MMA parameters for any vehicle in your mission. In most cases there are two pieces of code required:

1. An initialization run on player, place in or call from init.sqf (here is Mandoble's for the AV8B2):

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};
Sleep 1;

// The following scripts are for players only, no need to run on dedi servers
[]spawn
{
  while {!alive player} do
  {
     Sleep 1;
  };

// BIS AV8B2
  [["AV8B2"], 0, "", [4,6], [4,6], 15, 15, 20, [4,3,-2.5], mando_missile_path+"huds\mando_hud_av8b2.sqf", 0, 0, [[-7,"SidewinderLaucher_AH1Z"],[-6, "Mk82BombLauncher_6"]], 0]execVm"mando_missiles\units\mando_assignvehicle_by_type.sqf";
};

2. You'll see that the above script refers to two others, the first details the weaponry controlled by the HUD and is customised per-vehicle so you'll need to write your own (here is Mandobe's for the AV8B2):

// Hud modes setup
  mando_hud_init_code = {};

mando_hud_modes = [];
  mando_hud_modes = mando_hud_modes + [[
  0,		// Missile to be used
  false,	// Keep coords set in mando_assignvehicle_by_ ?
  1,           // Guidance type 0 Radar, 1 IR, 2 SARH, 3 Manual
  ["Air"],     // Type of targets ["Air"], [""LandVehicle"], ["RADAR"], ["REMOTE"] or ["GROUND"]
  0.17,	// Aim circle diameter
  "Air - AIM9", // HUD Text
  0.015,        // IR accuracy for headon shots or radar accuracy for ECM targets
  6,		// Number of simultaneously detected HUD targets (max is 6)
  1000, 	// Sensor width / 2 in meters
  5000		// Sensor length / 2 in meters
  ]];

mando_hud_modes = mando_hud_modes + [[
  1,		// Missile to be used
  false,	// Keep coords set in mando_assignvehicle_by_ ?
  4,           // Guidance type 0 Radar, 1 IR, 2 SARH, 3 Manual, 4 CCIP
  ["LOCATIONS"],     // Type of targets ["Air"], [""LandVehicle"], ["RADAR"], ["REMOTE"] or ["GROUND"]
  0.025,	// Aim circle diameter
  "CCIP/NAV", // HUD Text
  0.015,       // IR accuracy for headon shots or radar accuracy with ECM
  6,		// Number of simultaneously detected HUD targets (max is 6)
  800, 	// Sensor width / 2 in meters
  3000		// Sensor length / 2 in meters
  ]];

mando_hud_num_modes = count mando_hud_modes; // Number of available modes

// Missile parameters setup
  mando_hud_misp = [];

// Missile parameters for AIM9 (mando_hud_missile = 0);
  mando_hud_misp = mando_hud_misp + [[
  vehicle player, 	// _launcher
  "", 		// missilebody ("" for BIS used weapons when class of fired missile must be kept
  [0,0,0], 	// launchpos (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// dir (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// vangle (calculated by the firing action)
  100, 	// speedini 
  600, 	// speedmax 
  200,		// acceleration
  objNull, 	// target (calculated by the firing action)
  5, 		// boomrange
  5000, 	// activerange
  2, 		// modeinit
  500, 	// cruisealt
  mando_missile_path+"warheads\mando_missilehead1a.sqf", 	// boomscript
  mando_missile_path+"exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf",	// smokescript
  "mando_missile1", 	// soundrsc
  29, 		// sounddur 
  10, 		// endurance
  false,	// terrainavoidance
  1, 		// updatefreq
  0, 		// delayinit 
  0.2, 	// controltime
  false, 	// detectable 
  false, 	// debug
  "", 		// launchscript
  55, 		// hagility
  35, 		// vagility
  1, 		// accuracy
  true, 	// intercept
  60, 		// scanarch 
  65,		// scanarcv
  1,		// Offset above target
  mando_minchaffdist	// Countermeasures extent
  ]];

mando_hud_misp = mando_hud_misp + [[
  vehicle player, 	// _launcher
  "", 		// missilebody ("" for BIS used weapons when class of fired missile must be kept
  [0,0,0], 	// launchpos (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// dir (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 		// vangle (calculated by the firing action)
  0, 	// speedini 
  0, 	// speedmax 
  0,		// acceleration
  objNull, 	// target (calculated by the firing action)
  5, 		// boomrange
  5000, 	// activerange
  2, 		// modeinit
  500, 	// cruisealt
  mando_missile_path+"warheads\mando_missilehead1a.sqf", 	// boomscript
  mando_missile_path+"exhausts\mando_missilesmoke1a.sqf",	// smokescript
  "mando_missile1", 	// soundrsc
  29, 		// sounddur 
  10, 		// endurance
  false,	// terrainavoidance
  1, 		// updatefreq
  0, 		// delayinit 
  0.2, 	// controltime
  false, 	// detectable 
  false, 	// debug
  "", 		// launchscript
  55, 		// hagility
  35, 		// vagility
  1, 		// accuracy
  true, 	// intercept
  60, 		// scanarch 
  65,		// scanarcv
  1,		// Offset above target
  mando_minchaffdist	// Countermeasures extent
  ]];

If you're game I think explanations for each parameter should either be evident from the scripts themselves or found in the MMA documentation.

---------- Post added at 08:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:52 AM ----------

Hi when i want to add these Features i only must replace the AV8B2 Config name with the Config name of the new Aircraft?

froggyluv, I dont know which "helo" class are you talking about, if it is one configured with mando HUD or TV systems, the missiles are not fired using RBM (if that stands for right mouse button), but using the configured mando key for fire (left windows key as default).

deralky, check your ofpec message reply.

Hi Mando,

glad you're back and I hope your HD crash did not destroy too much of your data.

Regarding the ACE2 topic, I hope I didn't do you a disfavor by trying to motivate ppl to vote for a MMA integration into ACE2!

It's just that I think of MMA as an invaluable addition, especially for the flyboys 'n girls out there, just as ACE2 is for the ground branch (at least primarily in both cases).

To provide the best experience for everybody involved these two are just musthaves IMHO.

froggyluv, I dont know which "helo" class are you talking about, if it is one configured with mando HUD or TV systems, the missiles are not fired using RBM (if that stands for right mouse button), but using the configured mando key for fire (left windows key as default).

Hellfires from the hellfire cam are shot with the right click from the Cobra. The issue I had earlier can only be replicated in that one particular mission so I'm not sure what caused the problem :confused:

Ah, ok. If you are flying alone, without gunner, then you need first to switch the weapons to manual fire first (menu action). If this is the case, this might be the reason.

Some more launcher love for use in Expert mode. MANPAD (Igla/Strela/Stinger) with audible lock indicator versus helicopter (fish in a barrel) and low flying jet (virtually untouchable). After that Metis; Wire-guided SACLOS with thermal sight.

OrbkOK0O1l4

Very cool, infinitely better than tab-fire on targets you can't even see!

lol manpad...thats an awesome name :D

MANPAD: Man-portable air-defense

But yeah, anything with "man" in it is awesome :D

It reminded me of that Rob & Big episode where Big has his Manpon comercial, see video below :D LOL

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZo0dQlAgD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZo0dQlAgD8&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Brief update of what's comming next (probably along this week):

• TV systems better adjusted for the "unsupported" small interface size graphics option, no more empty holes above and below the camera MFD area.
  • TV systems also integrated with UAVs, you can activate the system from a commanding vehicle and then use the UAV weapons, camera to mark targets or just guide the path of the UAV. This works for both, BLUFOR UAV and OPFOR small one.
  • Portable weapons HUD support (by default, Javelin, Igla, Metis, Stinger and Strela).
  • Forward looking radar display integrated with HUD's of some default planes (AV8B, Su34 and F35B). The radar displays contacts in the radar scan area in front of the plane in a top-view like display.
  • HUD systems customization options: Now all hud systems can be personalized at will using the info provided by the HUD's main core script. Good examples are the customizations made by Defunkt for all the portable weapons (Igla, Metis, Stinger, Strela and Javelin).
  • New flight profile parameters for default Patriots (AI and MCC based), way more effective against hi flying fast SCUDs even during initial climb and final dive SCUD states.
  • New reloading system for both, BIS weapons and virtual weapons and countermeasures.
  • BIS default top radar block (with red semintransparent bars where friend and foe dots look) the same. The feature can be disabled by mission makers.

Great news and list of updates Mandoble!

It plan to integrate the suite into the ClanBase addon pack and missions with the new

update. This means there will be a couple of small PROPER tweaks available as well to

disable some standard BI locking/radar aspects. :)

that sounds great

can you make please the controls of tv systems more precise because i think these are too spongy

@kju: Out of interest, does ClanBase use Expert mode settings? If so in what circumstances does BIS locking still come into play with MMA running?

ClanBase uses crosshair on.

Without crosshair you can still lock with air vehicles.

Even with ground units - you just dont see the cursor confirmation.

Yes but in all cases I'm aware of MMA deletes the BIS missile so any unseen lock should be irrelevant, do you know otherwise?

That might be neat. I haven't locked at the code or configs of Mando's ArmA version yet.

At least as we will tweak aspects like radar anyway, it would be easy to do more.

Kju, with MMA systems active you can no longer fire guided weapons/free fall bombs or lock on targets using BIS methods. Doesnt matter if you see BIS symbology indicating that a contact has been autolocked. For vehicle huds (planes, for example), you cannot switch to BIS guided weapons/bombs, you can use these only from the MMA HUD system and following MMA HUD rules (you can still use BIS gun or unguided rockets at will in the traditional way). From portable systems (Javelin, Igla, Metis, Stinger and Strela), if you fire a missile without an MMA lock the missile will fly always unguided, and each of these systems has its own rules to get a solid MMA lock.

The scope of this mod is immense Mandoble. You and Defunkt have some really good ideas going on and the mod is turning into a really comprehensive weapon system, adding unexpected bonuses in as well (Goalkeeper/Mando Guns, AC130 etc)

Thanks, DA

Thanks Mandoble! I understand.

That said, we still need to disable lock for any weapon, change the radar interface,

remove the radar red signature for most by moving vehicles to the civilian side and so forth. :)

Hi mando !

I'm happy to ear that new relase is close.

I ask you if I can integrate your work in one addon pack, of course linking this thread and givin you 100% credit,

I want add Mi28 and other future vehicles because I think that MM are thousand time better than vanilla system.

I hope that you'll help me if I will find some problem in the future with config.

Tank you for your effort

Rubber :)