Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Were having some real problems in reloading in MP. Just doesn't seem to reload.

Were having some real problems in reloading in MP. Just doesn't seem to reload.

yep here too , problem to reload in MP , I love this mod

Can I ask what you mean by reload? After what?

well if you set the LAV25 to have 8 missile after you finish those missile how do you reload new 8 missile ??

Oh, right, d'uh, literally "reload", for some reason I thought you meant on mission restart or the like. I believe that (reloading) is a major part of what's being added now for the next release.

While I include a more intuitive reload system which also reloads BIS weapons, you can use the following to reload virtual missiles and flares. Add to your mission's init.sqf and replace the unit classes I put there as example by the vehicle classes that you want to use as reload stations:

// Players will be able to reload missiles or countermeasures from any UralReammo or Truck5tReammo truck
[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 15]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_missilereloadallow.sqf";
[["Truck5tReammo", "UralReammo"], 15]execVM"mando_missiles\units\mando_flaresreloadallow.sqf";

The parameters are:

Array of vehicle or object classes, range to any of these to be able to reload

One feature that RKSL has that I don't believe your countermeasure system does is that flares act as decoys even if they were launched before the missile. They also act as decoys on the "Magic Radar".

From tests and having a glance at your code it appears that missiles are only affected by flares launched by their target, and only if they are launched after the missile is.

Yes, and there are two main reasons for this:

1 - Performance and network traffic.

2 - MMA may work as script suite inside missions (not as addon), and in this situation your mission should remain addon free (no extra addon required to have IR target objects acting as decoys, etc).

Mr Mando, I have ported Gigan's Arma 1 SCUD into ARMA 2, if you had time(which is highly unlikely I know :D) would you be willing to implement the "SCUD" system you have on the BTRs' to the SCUD? If it's even possibel at all that is :D

Edited by Drew

Well, Drew, i think this was already done by Vengeance, nuclear warhead included, interceptable mando missile, etc, but using GIGA launcher and included nuke detonation (fixed for A2) and DesertPhoenix R17 SCUD missile object. Anyway I will try to check with him or feel free to contact him directly.

For an upcoming MMA (90% done). NOTE: This is NOT a Javelin simulator, if you need one of those look for Vigilante's in ACE2. I'm well aware it differs from the real thing but I wanted it in script (deliverable as part of a mission without necessarily an addon) and to fit with the functionality available in MMA. At some stage there could be an addon-only version with the fixed zoom IR modes but it's not this one.

Thanks to Mandoble for very kindly making the (many) changes required, let him know you'd like a similar treatment for Helmet Mounted Displays. :biggrin:

Please excuse the absence of sound, something not right with my FRAPS setup:

M8xm0vh22-M

NOTE: This is NOT a Javelin simulator, if you need one of those look for Vigilante's in ACE2.

What do you mean by this ?

Not sure, anyway Mando Missile is certainly not a Javelin Simulator, while you can create one using it. For next beta I added portable weapons hud support, which covers Javelins, Stingers, Strellas, etc. And it comes with a framework of functions, events and custom graphic controls, so now it is posible to customize particular HUD systems with custom scripts that are executed from the main core mma hud script and passed as simple parameters. The Javelin MMA HUD present is this video is a quite fine example of customization made by Defunkt.

M8xm0vh22-M

Edited by Mandoble

Very impressive!

Can you Mandoble or someone else please explain basically how the targeting works for

infantry launched stinger and strelas?

Basically, same as the normal huds. The system detects targets in the specified area in front of the launcher, then depending on the locking aperture configured for the system you can try to lock on one more or less centered on the screen and after few seconds you get the lock. Aside of these basic rules now you can personalize these systems, for example, having a Stinger without any "visible" target indicators and just using custom sounds for all the targetting process.

That looks awesome. Very nice work. Would it be possible to use the same system to simulate say, night-sights on rifles?

NOTE: This is NOT a Javelin simulator, if you need one of those look for Vigilante's in ACE2.
What do you mean by this ?

Just that I have taken some license with the interface to better match what can be achieved without it being add-on only. I love that nearly all of Mando Missile can be used on a public server without requiring players have an addon. Specifically;

1. An actual Javelin has two, fixed-zoom night vision modes (WFOV, NFOV) which (because the vanilla item has variable zoom) I have realised as WHOT & BHOT night-vision modes.

2. The GRND lamp I have added (in the real thing it is FLTR which indicates the IR is passive) as a means of indicating when the MMA Ground-Lock mode is selected.

---------- Post added at 07:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 AM ----------

I would just add to Mandoble's description of the locking process, that he has added a very cool element in that the time to lock depends on how close the target is maintained to the sighting aperture center. It gives tanks some real ability to improve their fortunes by staying on the move and to some degree (the aperture size is configurable per weapon) this will likely apply to AA MANPADS also.

good evening,

Here, let me simply add flares to Littebirds small helicopter but I can not do someone would kindly help me.

// Wait for Mando Missile addon initialization

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};

waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

[["CYBP_AH6_US"], 0, 10, 10, "mando_missiles\mando_chaffflaredraw_chopper.sqf";

Thank you in advance :blush:

Looks like you have a space in beween the .s and qf of the filename .... is that the problem ?

No it is a problem of "quote" Forum, I have written without space ;)

Edited by Voodoonice