Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

Hi Rubber, sure you can. The only restriction is to include mando missile itself into any addon/mod (which would generate lots of problems and might render your addon obsolete as soon as a new mma version is out), but of course you addon may have its own configured setup systems including, for example:

- its own HUD setup or/and HUD personalization.

- its own TV camera setups, even its own TV camera background

- its own MCC setups

- its own missile warheads, smoke trail and launch FX scripts

- its own missile parameters

- its own AI launching parameters

- its own missile sounds

- its own missile models, etc

And of course, if you need help, just tell me ;)

All of a sudden, today, my mando missiles stopped working even when ran as the only mod in my shortcut. there is no choice to bring up the mando console from my action list and hitting any of the mando key binds does nothing. anyone experienced this "problem"? :(

All of a sudden, today, my mando missiles stopped working even when ran as the only mod in my shortcut. there is no choice to bring up the mando console from my action list and hitting any of the mando key binds does nothing. anyone experienced this "problem"? :(

Right. Just stopped working all by itself. Could this "problem" be related to the New Moon do you think? :raisebrow:

Right. Just stopped working all by itself. Could this "problem" be related to the New Moon do you think? :raisebrow:

Yes Defunkt, I know I sound like a total noob in that post...sigh... won't have done it if I can help it. Did a bunch of tests with/without beta, with/without other mods and nothing works... just 1 day ago, its working fine with all my other bunch of mods. can't figure out whats going on...

What mission? MMA needs to be enabled either by script or by placing the provided gamelogics.

I see defunkt, that may be where the problem is...

The only mission I play which specified support for MMA crashed on me and then I tested in other missions which may not have the specific support for MMA! got it! I will download other missions with MMA enabled. I always thought its like enabled by default for all aircrafts. :)

Okay, just to spell it out for all readers, add MMA to virtually any mission by placing the mando _init and _full gamelogics (Game Logic > Objects > Mando Missile Arma Init/Full) in the editor. At some point the _full GL is likely to be split into one GL for all default ArmA classes as well as single GL's for each supported addon (GLT F-16, Gnat's B-52 etc). All addon makers are invited to provide an MMA GL (just a few lines of code, examples in the MMA pbo, help available on request) with their addon. If the ACE team or somebody else doesn't get to it first I will eventually make another separate gamelogic for all the ACE classes.

Okay, just to spell it out for all readers, add MMA to virtually any mission by placing the mando _init and _full gamelogics (Game Logic > Objects > Mando Missile Arma Init/Full) in the editor. At some point the _full GL is likely to be split into one GL for all default ArmA classes as well as single GL's for each supported addon (GLT F-16, Gnat's B-52 etc). All addon makers are invited to provide an MMA GL (just a few lines of code, examples in the MMA pbo, help available on request) with their addon. If the ACE team or somebody else doesn't get to it first I will eventually make another separate gamelogic for all the ACE classes.

Thanks on the future ACE classes! That will help alot.

Got a little bogged down making an instrument graphic for the new top-down forward-looking radar (shown here with BIS radar removed using ShowHUD=0; in description,ext). But nearly there now...

mando_radar.jpg

OH yeah nice work

i know its to early but when can we get an update with those features (MANPADS,METIS, RADAR)?

Even more, the new MMA forward looking radar may be personalized per plane class and can be selectively enabled per plane class too, it selfscales automatically depending on contacts withing maximum sensor range, moves with your sight keeping relative position with the instrument panel and displays info of the current target (if any). In navigation mode it also displays locations (pre-existing in the map or custom created).

^.. OMFG! You guys are a class of you own on missiles! :) Brings ArmA2 closer in terms of combat flight simulation. Great work! :)

i know its to early but when can we get an update with those features (MANPADS,METIS, RADAR)?

That's the idea, and more than probably for this week (unless my HD breakes again :mad: )

Probably it will not be directly available for all default ones. Now it is configured for AV8B (AIM9), F35B, Su34 and all Myke's F16 variants. Might be also for C130 just for navigation purposes (locations).

Did you consider to use svn/git. It is automatically full history backup of every change.

Mandoble, for some reason, whenever i put a boat and make it a tomahawk missile launcher it selfs-destruct upon the 2nd or 3rd launch. It seems that the missile doesnt properly takes off so it gets stuck on the water blowing itself up and the boat

Im using this code (the same from your mission example, only modifying the ammount of missiles (9000, i know, its a bit exagerated, but i really love this cruise missiles :P )

waitUntil {!isNil "mando_missile_init_done"};
waitUntil {mando_missile_init_done};

if (isServer) then
{
  // Friendly ship able to attack remotedly locked on targets
  [boat1, 3, ["REMOTE"], 9000, 500, 12000, 3, [0,0,3], 360, 0, [east,sideEnemy], false, false, true, true, 65]   exec"mando_missiles\units\attackers\mando_tomahawk_hi.sqs";
};

Any ideas?

Btw, this happenned both in Utes and in Panthera. Maybe im setting the boat wrong?

Your setup seems correct (I assume you are using an small boat for this). It might happen that at launch time the target becomes null (if it is removed)? Can you observe the launches from a nearby ship just to see what's happening there?

Your setup seems correct (I assume you are using an small boat for this). It might happen that at launch time the target becomes null (if it is removed)? Can you observe the launches from a nearby ship just to see what's happening there?

Yes. I was trying with a boat. Anyway, ill try to recreate the error and observe some more

New 2.4b3 beta available, check included readme first for more info.

• TV systems better adjusted for the "unsupported" small interface size graphics option, no more empty holes above and below the camera MFD area.
  • TV systems also integrated with UAVs, you can activate the system from a commanding vehicle and then use the UAV weapons, camera to mark targets or just guide the path of the UAV. This works for both, BLUFOR UAV and OPFOR small one.
  • Portable weapons HUD support (by default, Javelin, Igla, Metis, Stinger and Strela).
  • Forward looking radar display integrated with HUD's of some planes (AV8B, C130J, B52, Su34, F16s and F35B). The radar displays contacts or locations in the radar scan area in front of the plane in a top-view like display.
  • HUD systems customization options: Now all hud systems can be personalized at will using the info provided by the HUD's main core script. Good examples are the customizations made by Defunkt for all the portable weapons (Igla, Metis, Stinger, Strela and Javelin).
  • New flight profile parameters for default Patriots (AI and MCC based), way more effective against hi flying fast SCUDs even during initial climb and final dive SCUD states.
  • New reloading system for both, BIS weapons and virtual weapons and countermeasures.
  • BIS default top radar can be blocked (with red semintransparent bars where friend and foe dots look) the same. The feature can be enabled by mission makers.
  • All the remote capable TV MCCs now can lock on remote targets (no LOS check performed).
  • Added setup for Mi28.

Porbable launchers with customized MMA HUDs:

OrbkOK0O1l4

Portable launchers and Mi28 setups are automatically active with the presence of the mma_full gamelogic in the mission.

Defunkt made a modification of the default BIS Javelin reticle that you can grab here

The mando_portables.pbo enables a better (wider) reticle for the Javelin and replaces the default crosshair with more authentic targeting 'stadia', these changes can only be made with an addon where the core MMA suite can be addon or script-only hence it is packaged separately. It is especially recommended if your display resolution should result in part of the default reticle showing.

Edited by Mandoble

:eek:

This is pure awesomesauce!

Loving the portables, they're Man-tastic! I would love to play a whole campaign with all of these toys implemented to the hilt.

Thanks!

At the risk of stating the obvious, the portables are primarily designed for Expert mode where you won't/can't see the default targeting indicators.