Sign in to follow this  
mandoble

Mando Missile ArmA for ArmA 2

So I guess this applies to default BIS missiles that have a default BIS smoke trail script, right?

that will be correct as your missile changes the BIS one to your own with your effects his mod also would have changed the default BIS effects but your mod then overrides that mod.

Wonder why BIS headhunters didnt get Mandoble... very useful Missile & Gun addon/scripts!! :)

I'm right that flares on players aircraft work on default only manually?

Thought it could be less confusing if upper right weapon HUD (Arma2 default) will be fixed (now its switching to wrong weapon).

Yeah, I also use WarFX, but I'm not sure it's worth the extra errors for some sparks ... though they are awfully pretty :3

Nice one Mandoble. :thumbsup:

some issues:

C130 pilot still is the gunner. Need to make that a seperate slot. And how can I have a C130 (without guns) and an AC130 (with guns) at the same time?

Sometimes, when switching a lot between weapon modes in the A10, some weapon modes disappear. Only Nav, AA and AGM (Ground) are left.

Is there an easy way of assigning joystick buttons to be the Mando Keys?

It seems the AA turret cannot be locked on or is even considered to be threat. I realized that when I wanted to check its effectiveness against AI and the Su's just kept circling over it, without ever shooting at it. Strangely, they didn't even try strafing runs with their cannons, while the turret kept taking them out one by one.

Also, when trying to lock it with my own chopper: not possible.

@Community: somebody make a nicer model for the AA turret :D

NoRailgunner, no, that is not switching to the wrong weapon, it switches or cycles through non-guided weapons. Guided weapons are handled by HUD mode and fired using MMA key, unguided weapons are fired as always. This way, for a dogfight, you might have AIM9 HUD mode while having "Gun" selected as BIS weapon, quite handy if you have a joy with two triggers.

And yes, using default configuration (the full gamelogic in your map), countermeasures are automatic as long as pilot is not human, else manual. If you need all automatic, just create your own setup instead of using the default one, which is rather easy to do.

Salah, that C130 has no gunner, so only the pilot can handle these cameras. If you have a C130 with gunner, then you can setup there the cameras just to be used by gunner only.

About assigning keys to joy, check the readme first, the section about key configuration and how to predefine keys. Then, if you have a programmable joy, just assign the desired keys to joy buttons. At the moment MMA doesnt read Joy buttons directly (and it is not really planned to include). So the best and common option is to assign keys to joy buttons in the configuration of the joy itself.

And yes, that AA turret technically is a "building", so it will not be seen as an enemy by anyone while it will kill everyone around. The idea about these guns is to place them and also something that it is really seen as an enemy by the enemy. If this "something" is destroyed, the guns are deactivated as explained in the readmefirst file:

mygun1 setVariable ["mando_gunattacker_on", false];

When a gun is deactivated its barrel will point down and will stop engaging enemies until activated again:

mygun1 setVariable ["mando_gunattacker_on", true];

Fintroll I can add there a global var that if set to true, MMA effects are deactivated for BIS weapons. But it will be responsability of the mission make to determine if this must be set to false or not. So, you would need a way to find out whether a particular FX mod is active or not, and if so, set this global to false.

Edited by Mandoble

NoRailgunnerSalah, that C130 has no gunner, so only the pilot can handle these cameras. If you have a C130 with gunner, then you can setup there the cameras just to be used by gunner only.

About assigning keys to joy, check the readme first, the section about key configuration and how to predefine keys. Then, if you have a programmable joy, just assign the desired keys to joy buttons. At the moment MMA doesnt read Joy buttons directly (and it is not really planned to include). So the best and common option is to assign keys to joy buttons in the configuration of the joy itself.

And yes, that AA turret technically is a "building", so it will not be seen as an enemy by anyone while it will kill everyone around. The idea about these guns is to place them and also something that it is really seen as an enemy by the enemy. If this "something" is destroyed, the guns are deactivated as explained in the readmefirst file:

mygun1 setVariable ["mando_gunattacker_on", false];

When a gun is deactivated its barrel will point down and will stop engaging enemies until activated again:

mygun1 setVariable ["mando_gunattacker_on", true];

C130: Hmkay, you cannot just make one of the passengers seats to be a gunner? Or would that "modify" somehow the C130 too much?

Joystick: Hmyeah, sadly, the Logitech Profiler software is kind of acting up with me, especially when it comes to keys like WIN or CTRL. Will try some more things though, before bothering you again :D

AA Turret: I don't quite see the logic behind that behavior. Aren't these things lockable in real life? Couldn't you just define the Turret as a vehicle? Unless of course, they don't emit any radar or heat signatures, not sure about that.

Ok, I just read up on the Phalanx system: I tracks it's targets with Radar and FLIR and uses 18-70 kW of power. The first should make radar locks possible and the second probably heat signature locks. That thing is lockable, imho.

You should really try to get some modellers on board to make a nicer model of the Phalanx and create a model for the Kashtan (Russian CIWS). Also some missile launcher models, too. The Phalanx can be used with missiles and the Kashan system has launcher units too, but also a seperate command module.

Eh, sorry, got carried away. Just keep working on your missile modules, no need to divert your powers away from that... :D

Some stuff:

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/ship/systems/mk-15.htm

http://www.kbptula.ru/eng/zencom/kashtan_m.htm

Edited by [GCA] Salah ad Din

Salah,

You dont need to use Win or CTRL keys, you can have your own and particular key config, just read the readmefirst.pdf included to find out how.

About the AA turret, I just included there an example of turret as proof of concept, you are quite free to create your targeteable ones as turrets, vehicles, ships or whatever.

About the C130, if you tell me a way to determine that a player is sat side by side with the pilot, then it would be doable with the default C130.

Hi Mandoble,

Thanks for getting back to me on the laser targetting and SAM consoles for armoured vehicles. I really appreciate the work going into this mod. Thanks, DA

About the C130, if you tell me a way to determine that a player is sat side by side with the pilot, then it would be doable with the default C130.

Suggest: (AssignedCargo _plane) select 0;

BTW, if want to have a targeteable Phalanx, do the following in mando_gun_arma.utes demo mission. Open it, place there a BLUFOR AAVP7A1 and name it cargo1, select any of the three mandoturrets there and modify its init field from the editor to have:

this attachTo [cargo1, [0,-1.5,2.5]];this setVariable ["mando_gun_side", west]

And you will have a targeteable and moveable phalanx looking like this:

attached_phalanx.jpg

I like the AC-130 system you have implemented just as a beta. Is it at all possible you could make the gunner screen the whole screen, instead of having like a 2D picture for the outside of it. That way people who even have their hud on small can still view it without having the bits on the top and bottom missing.

Also, Feint's AC-130 looks awesome just with scripting + skinning. Maybe you could work with each other to make the ultimate AC-130.

Love the Mando Missile system.:yay:

Cptkanito, I can cover the upper and lower area with big blinking green fluorescent lemon colour texts telling you "HEY, IF YOU CAN READ THIS THEN YOU ARE USING A QUITE WRONG INTERFACE SIZE (JUST A REMINDER)" :p

Looking at that AC130 I would say it is already full of guns, isnt it?

If that was a joke it wasn't even that funny, i was simply making an observation and a suggestion. Could i possibly have a serious answer?

I can cover that, but you will see the hud with a quite small area, definitively not as intended to be seen.

Hi Mandoble, when I use this code to ai launcher, camera does not follow the missile ,what is wrong, please help me.

this addeventhandler ["fired",{_this execvm"cam.sqf"}]

_projectile = nearestobject [_this select 0,_this select 4];

setacctime 0.5;

_camera = "camera" camCreate (getpos _projectile);

_camera cameraeffect ["internal", "back"];

while{alive _projectile && alive _camera}do

{

_camera camSetTarget _projectile;

_camera camSetRelPos [0,-1.55,0.08];

_camera camCommit 0;

sleep 0.001;

};

if(alive _camera)then{sleep 1.9};

_camera cameraeffect ["terminate", "back"];

camdestroy _camera;

setacctime 1;

exit

yyccccc, if this is a "raw" mando missile automatic launcher, not a bis unit firing a bis missile, it will not trigger any "Fired" event.

Two things:

1) You can't drop LGB's the old fashioned way anymore, which imho needs to be an option. You are forced to use the camera and self designation now.

2) F35s have a tendency to explode when you drop an LGB. :p

Other than that, works superbly. :)

Well, Simon C, about your first point I can say that I was already thinking about it. Just to allow laser guided bombs to be used also in "baseline" way. While first I need to confirm that laser guided bombs cannot by any means be locked on anything else that laser targets (for some reason normal BIS free fall bombs can be locked on targets and the targets get an incoming missile event handler, this is the main reason why BIS bombs cannot be selected except with HUD modes or TVs).

And I had no "booms" with the F35 and LGBs, might be it is caused when you drop these with the plane not quite leveled?

Another question came up, specifically with the A-10. When using the HUD to target the AGM's, do you also get rectangles for remote targets or only local ones? Because when using the camera, you can switch, no?

Edited by [GCA] Salah ad Din

No, A-10 has no remote hud mode for the AGM65 (local and ground only). You can select remote targets from the laser guided bombs camera, not from the AGM65 camera.

As far as I know the Maverick is a TV / IR guided missile that doesnt care about remote targets. You designate the target by using the missiles own seeker and fire and forget.

So IMHO, the way it is now is actually quite accurate!

I would like also to a open a bit of discussion about the BIS radar cover that probably will be present in next MMA beta. Two redish areas around the center of BIS radar which make all the contacts, green, gray or red to look redish. So, if you want to have clear side info about a contact, you will need to have it in the center area of the radar, else it will be visually "perceived" just as a contact. And as these areas are far from being quite transparent, the contacts will be hardly seen if far away.

no_radar.jpg

In this picture, in the right red area there is a mix of friend and foe contacts.

Edit:

TheCrusader, you are quite right about the reasons the AGM65 has no remote modes.

Hi Mandoble,

fixing the magic radar is a welcomed addition!

I've been pondering about that myself, I for one would like to get rid of it alltogether, but on the other hand, I recognize why it needs to be there, because the engagement range for most modern systems is well beyond the typical draw distance of most users.

I'm still partial on what will be the best solution to this problem, so as the best way is to try it out, I say bring it on!