Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

WarFX Particles

That would be cool, take your time and keep up the good work ;)

Second that :) Releasing it to the general public is the ultimate beta test. With regards to useful feedback from everyone, you've just got to sort the chaff from the wheat (as it were) :)

EDIT - Typo

Great mod, looks good, but do you think you could tone down the smoke and sparks on the bullet ground impacts? Or at least make several versions with different sizes maybe? It's currently way too big for a weapon such as an M16 (or even an AK47 for that matter, it looks more like a .50 caliber impact to be honest).

Edited by Apache-Cobra

Played with it for about an hour.

Really beautiful and I didn't notice much of a hit on performance, if any.

It does seem like it might conflict with markwick's fire and smoke addon, somehow, as the smoke from burning tanks would disappear all of a sudden.

If the advanced scripters can figure out how to iron out the config and make it play nice with other addons we'll see perfection.

I just tested the bullet impacts and I didn't think they were overdone. I've fired an M60 machinegun, which fires the same round as the M240. It generates a lot of dust, both at the muzzle and in the killzone. I had no problems wiping out a whole squad of enemy troops single-handedly with an M240. If you tone it down, I wouldn't tone it down that much, though you might consider 3 degrees of impact dust: small (5.45-5.56mm), medium (7.62), large (.50).

I'm enjoying playing around in ArmA, again, thanks to you.

M.O.R;1480679']anybody tested it online??

Yes, on local net. Very strongly lowers productivity of game: (

I just tested the bullet impacts and I didn't think they were overdone.

I stood like 100m away from some insurgents which i fired at with a M4, the bullet impact whirled up dust clouds twice the size of the insurgents. I think thats a little too much :p

tBInOohQRxo

LBpOwfk9aUY

bdQ9KeHoM4o

Wicked mod. :yay: not necessarily uber-realistic but it gives explosions a lot more immersion!

I am going to try this out asap and record a couple videos since I am currently testing a variation of Wolffy's minefield that, you know, generates some explosions for us to watch.

I just tested the bullet impacts and I didn't think they were overdone. I've fired an M60 machinegun, which fires the same round as the M240. It generates a lot of dust, both at the muzzle and in the killzone. I had no problems wiping out a whole squad of enemy troops single-handedly with an M240. If you tone it down, I wouldn't tone it down that much, though you might consider 3 degrees of impact dust: small (5.45-5.56mm), medium (7.62), large (.50).

I'm enjoying playing around in ArmA, again, thanks to you.

+1 to me bullet impacts are just perfect and now is really a joy to shot with the Arma weapons. You have the sense of shoting poweful war weapons and, when in a fire fight, the inmersion and sense of danger is perfect.

Pretty cool mod mate, but i think that your impacts are a little too big, fire an mp5sd into the ground and have a smile. If you reduce the size of those impacts, this mod would be very popular online

If you reduce the size of those impacts, this mod would be very popular online

Agreed. As soon as that can be turned down a little, or let us set our own values via an hpp file, it'll be a keeper for me.

Really I shot a guy with a SAW and it was like a smoke grenade! I lost him completely behind the dust! Impacts should be faster too I think.

I think impacts on earth should be smaller. An the sparks are too big. And the particles sometimes look huge. Well in fact if you reduce sparks and bullet hits to half their size I'll be a happy camper. Sometimes I shoot at choppers and it looks like someone tries to cut a chunk off using a nuclear power plasma saw of death.

On the ground it looks great.

However from the gunner perspective of the AH-1, the particle effects looks worse, especially the cannon impacts dont look very explosive :( Could u work on that?

High kickup is more realistic in arid dry environment. But in a rainy autumn Chernarus? I never seen much kickup when shooting in the nordic countries (different kalibers and weapons). the soft moist ground doesnt kick up that much dust..

hi opticalsnare,

congratulations, your spark explosion effects simply look aweinspiring! so thank you for making and releasing this to the community!

like some others here i have some nitpicking observations that i hope you won't be sore at me for voicing here.

like others have noticed before, some of the effects feel overdone. "too big" if you will. dust kickup and tank explosions come to mind.

another very general recommendation i would make is to randomize as much as possible. you know, things like particle count, transparency, duration, size, etc.

it would make the effects much less predictable and feel more natural and realistic.

well, that's about it:)

looking forward to future versions of your great mod!

cheers!

Dear opticalsnare,

Thank you for this amazing mod. The dust kicked up from bullets is fine IMO. I like it alot. If you were to change anything it would be the sparks from shooting metal with small arms. I use this mod with JTD smoke and they work ok together but sometimes the smoke disappears completely then starts again. Is there any way to turn off opticalsnares smoke and keep JTDs? That is the only real gripe I have. Good work fella.

Hey man, great mod. One thing I will say is to vary the dust. Just because people are saying that its too much dosent mean you should tone down all the dust effects. FOR EXAMPLE = = an M16 5.56 round should have less dust kickup but the size u have for A10 GAU 40 mm rounds and such are absolutely perfect I wouldent change a thing. Great mod man

yah despite the size of dust for smaller caliber weapons this is one of my favorite mods along with JTD fire and smoke! It really adds to this game in a crazzy way! The ammo cook off explosion with sparks are by far my fav feature. Thanks again

I don't seem to be able to get this working, for whatever reason.

I run other mods just fine, lots of custom islands and soundmod etc etc, but i never get any sparks or anything.

Btw i did design it with a Arid environment in mind, as i rarely play Chenrusuas but insted opt for islands like Southern Sahrani & Utes etc. But as ive said before il take the suggestions and make some adjustments for the next release.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Btw i did design it with a Arid environment in mind, as i rarely play Chenrusuas but insted opt for islands like Southern Sahrani & Utes etc. But as ive said before il take the suggestions and make some adjustments for the next release.

If it's possible to have a user-definable 'set' of effects, that would be cool. Certain sets for different environments. I know some mods have a file that the user can customize values, that might be something to look into.