Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Tracer Effects

howdy, was listening to the BASH 127: A Sad Trombone for MW2 in bed and just saw that you released, as i was gonna shut down the machine. :cool:

thx for your effort with the 2 versions and for adding the keys for the servers, opticalsnare! much appreciated. i noticed on the download page @ armaholic, that there is still writing 'Signed:No'! i just wrote to Big of armaholic, so that he has that information and corrects it on the page, cause it sure is important! -done-

n8 & a nice sunday @ll

over and out

Edited by Chaostika7-17th

Optical-

The tracers in the latest version are really great. Much more to what I was speaking to in your other thread (WarFX). I tried using both the tracer addon with the updated tracers and your WarFX addon, but they're incompatible when used together.

I'd suggest rolling in the tracer changes into your next WarFX release, along with the toned down small arms impact effects, and you have a real winner here.

---------- Post added at 02:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:57 PM ----------

One additional note-

The red for the BLUEFOR tracers has always seemed a bit dark to me personally, but the orange you've applied to the M249s looks just perfect for a real tracer round, as it looks a bit brighter when the game renders it. Maybe you could make that the standard color for the BLUEFOR tracers?

As usual, it all boils down to personal taste, but I'm just trying to make a suggestion that would make it look as realistic as possible. Keep up the great work!

More info:

In your addon the tracers for the LAV-25's 25mm autocannon (and other similar weapons such as the small caliber ACs on the BMPs etc.) have a tracer once every five rounds. I think that they should have tracers for every round, which is how it was originally.

Additionally, all the coaxial machineguns for all the armor should have tracers every round, rather than every 5th round. The cyclic rate for co-ax machineguns is much higher than that of the regular 240Bs mounted at the loaders stations or being hand held. I don't know if BI has them firing at an increased rate, or if they just don't have enough tracers in the mix. Take a look at some M1 tanks firing their co-ax on youtube or liveleak and I think you'll see what I mean.

*more editing*

Looks like the tracer once ever five rounds for the LAV is sorted in your tracer addon, but not in your WarFX addon lol. I'll shut up now. :)

Edited by Bellum Eternus

I tried using both the tracer addon with the updated tracers and your WarFX addon, but they're incompatible when used together.

What?

WarFX Particles + TracersWAR are compatible to work together. I just checked this without any mods and only my tracers and particle effects worked without any problems.

And about the colors they are fine im not gonna keep making update after update trying to please every single person who makes a suggestion.

The tracers on M242 the LAVS 25mm cannon fire a tracer every round. So i dont know what the hell your on about when you say they only fire 1 every 5 rounds. I suggest you first check to make sure you have installed the addons correctly or dont have other addons conflicting with mine.

Edited by Opticalsnare

What?

WarFX Particles + TracersWAR are compatible to work together. I just checked this without any mods and only my tracers and particle effects worked without any problems.

And about the colors they are fine im not gonna keep making update after update trying to please every single person who makes a suggestion.

The tracers on M242 the LAVS 25mm cannon fire a tracer every round. So i dont know what the hell your on about when you say they only fire 1 every 5 rounds. I suggest you first check to make sure you have installed the addons correctly or dont have other addons conflicting with mine.

I tested it with only your addons running, and when I have both WarFX and the tracer addon launching at the same time, the game hangs and simply won't load.

As I said earlier with my edit, the tracers are working fine with the M242 with your tracer addon, but with the WarFX addon, they're every 5th round for me.

And nobody expects you to keep making special updates for every tracer color request, it was just an observation. Everyone appreciates all your hard work and effort.

WarFX Particles + TracersWAR ..works fine for me.

great work..thank you.

WarFX Particles + TracersWAR ..works fine for me.

great work..thank you.

Works fine for me too:D

Outstanding work, I must say :cool:

The updated version works really well for me too. I've got a pretty basic computer so I don't normally use high graphic settings, but I put a couple of Shilkas down with 2 A-10's and turned up the post process effects. The tracers looked really good against the evening sky, very atmospheric :)

really like the latest version of this mod. definitely a keeper :)

thanks opticalsnare!

I fixed it btw, had to do a hard reboot of my machine for some reason... thanks again for the great addon, I'll have to make a movie or two showcasing the effects.

What if i'd like to get back to normal tracers ?? i hate all those colors...

Btw thanks i tried it yesterday and at night it's better that star wars!

Open up the config and change the colour names to the ones you want. Really simple. :)

Vary nice job. Is there any way that we could see all weapons with tracers? Be nice to have even the M4s with some good tracers. I think in ACE in ArmA they did have an nice tracer system going with all weapons. Be vary nice to have with all weapons exclude the silencers.

Edited by 1in1class
need

If I may suggest something, is it possible to add tank tracers in your mod Opticalsnare?

IMHO this would really up the immersion for tank fights at night!

hey opticalsnare, could u add support for the new MG on the AH64? it uses the vanilla tracers which look rubbish next to these. thnx

also, the Kord uses red tracers, should be green like the rest of the eastern weapons

Edited by AnimalMother92

hey opticalsnare, could u add support for the new MG on the AH64? it uses the vanilla tracers which look rubbish next to these. thnx

also, the Kord uses red tracers, should be green like the rest of the eastern weapons

Here you go updated

Changelog:

Added support to the AH64 m230 30mm chaingun

I have a Question. How do you change the colors like to blue. I wanted one tracer blue and somone said go in the config so I did and did what he said and it didnt work.