Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Tracer Effects

Managed to make the tracers in my mod a standalone addon. Please Test and Report any problems.

Current Version 1.3

Changlog 1.3

- Added tracers to the M230 30mm Chaingun on the AH64

Changelog 1.2

- Added tracers to the RPK

- Adjusted tracer colors

- Changed tracer colors for sides.

East = Green

West = Red

A10 GAU8 = Yellow

M249 = Orange

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfw-_SQPxz4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dfw-_SQPxz4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

tracer01.jpg

===========================

Edited by Opticalsnare
updated version

Some cracking tracers, makes an A-10 run look so much more satisfying.

All we need now is those lighting and effects addons your hiding ;)

Yep, ive tried this and its awesome, i never really liked doing any night missions because of the stock tracers just looked... fake! imo, and the fake looking night sky with its cut out effect..

Nice work...

[EDIT] Ok as im playing around with night time in editor i finally play around with the months/dates etc which give all sorts of cool night time atmospheres.. theres still the cutout effect which is alittle anoying for me, but yea... this game doesn't stop

Edited by Katipo66
Just discovered seasons

OpticalSnare:

Can you make them "glow" pretty please? :) Make them into "light sources" so they lit up everything they pass close to. Worked in ArmA1: 6th sense made the first and ACE1 refined them later on.

Alex

OpticalSnare:

Can you make them "glow" pretty please? :) Make them into "light sources" so they lit up everything they pass close to. Worked in ArmA1: 6th sense made the first and ACE1 refined them later on.

Alex

Seconded, that would look awesome wearing NVG's

Is possible to have default colours? I kinda like the red and green tracers

Sure, what ammo do u think should have red, green and yellow.

From the default settings, I think the russian ammo is green, western ammo is red. Never seen yellow tracers though

OpticalSnare:

Can you make them "glow" pretty please? Make them into "light sources" so they lit up everything they pass close to. Worked in ArmA1: 6th sense made the first and ACE1 refined them later on.

Alex

Would be nice but i dont know how to atm. :(

Anyway ok ive worked some more on these tracers and took some peoples advice, added in 5 differnt colors and 3 differnt sizes.

Colors: Yellow, Red, Orange, Green & White

Sizes: Small, Med & Large

Now im undecided who gets what lol.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Is this compatible with Pistolified's tracers? Or is this an alternative? Or can the two be combined?

Is this compatible with Pistolified's tracers? Or is this an alternative? Or can the two be combined?

It looks like Pistolfied's modification of tracer sequences does not become active with this mod.

That would be a great addition to this one! I prefer turning tracers on for most of the rifles.

What about a user config file to switch via variable(s) to your own choice?

Well the thing is that the config is pretty simple you can easly unpack the .pbo and change the color of whatever ammo you wanna change to something like green, red, yellow in the config settings.

Anyway ere u go.

WarFX Tracers 1.1

Added Different Colored Tracers:

-Yellow

-Red

-Orange

-Green

Added Two Different Sizes:

-Small

-Medium

DOWNLOAD

http://www.filefront.com/14851223/TracersWAR.rar

Awesome! I've been waiting for this for a long time, thank you!

note: Would anyone be so kind to post a config that changes tracer colours similiar to ArmA2 default? OPFOR - Green and BLUFOR - Red.

As long as Opticalsnare is ok with it ofcourse :)