Sign in to follow this  
Opticalsnare

Tracer Effects

Yeh sure if you unpbo the .pbo and open the config.cpp

Im ok with any config editing and releasing custom configs. :)

Going off this I changed the A10 tracers from Yellow to Red and the M249 from Orange to Red as well. I thought it looked more visually appealing.

Here is the repacked pbo if anyone prefers those colors.

I think they look better in that video being all white... how can i make them all white like in the video? bit like star wars at night with many green and red laser beams flying around. :)

Any chance of seeing this in OA? Love them tracers. Ah just put them in and its all good.

Edited by 1in1class
fix

Unfortunately for us Opticalsnare is about to join the British army so he won't do anymore that awesome stuff we've been used to. :butbut:

Unfortunately for us Opticalsnare is about to join the British army so he won't do anymore that awesome stuff we've been used to. :butbut:

Oh that sucks! Well, they'll be getting a great soldier no doubt, but stinks for us!

I have a Question. How do you change the colors like to blue. I wanted one tracer blue and somone said go in the config so I did and did what he said and it didnt work.

Is this possible? It would be cool to look at. I believe some WWII aircraft cannon tracers were blue.

zzz,if I change red to orange/yellow or green to orange/yellow,it give me an error "data too short" ...........

Iv been useing this mod for a while now, with the OA and its DLC iv got an issue now. My AH-64 does not shoot the tracers its vanilla now. All others shoot the tracers with this mod. Anybody gots the same issue going and if so is there an way to fix it?

Hi all) I have a little bit strange question :j: How to correctly add the tracer for AA12 (HE) :confused:

I added this:

class 20Rnd_12mm_AA12 : CA_Magazine

tracersEvery = 1;

class B_12mm_HE : BulletBase

model = "TracersWAR\Data\bullettracer\tracer_red_big";

tracerScale = 0.9;

tracerStartTime = 0;

tracerEndTime = 4;

but no tracers :o added to this system, other weapons and ammunition and everything is working correctly! AA12 (HE) No!(( who knows! correct my text for the tracers! PLZ!

this is rather old, you might want to see OpticalSnare's Blastcore thread.

hey guys, only the last three bullets work. I removed all mods and does not work,

Leaving only @tracers and @cba. Can anyone help me?

hey guys, only the last three bullets work. I removed all mods and does not work,

Leaving only @tracers and @cba. Can anyone help me?

You mean the last three rounds in a given magazine are tracers? I'm pretty sure that's intentional, at least in a standard rifle, such as an M16. Try firing something like a PKM or SAW, and you should see a tracer fired as every other round, or so.

If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty standard practice in real life, though I can't really recall why.

You mean the last three rounds in a given magazine are tracers? I'm pretty sure that's intentional, at least in a standard rifle, such as an M16. Try firing something like a PKM or SAW, and you should see a tracer fired as every other round, or so.

If I'm not mistaken, that's pretty standard practice in real life, though I can't really recall why.

To indicate the end of the magazine.

Yanno, I had a feeling it was that, but I didn't want to make any assumptions. Certainly makes sense! Thanks for the clarification.

Ah, ok! thanks man :)

Every 5th round on a standard US machine gun belt is a tracer

---------- Post added at 03:05 ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 ----------

I'm having a small issue. With my HDR on "standard", my tracers look like little Purina logos. (Google it) If I turn it off, they're fine. In the description, I believe it said to put in on "standard", though