Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

I've recently been using a couple of mods that could work really well in conjuction with Charons Zombie Mod.

VFAI by Victor Farnbau enables AI units to pick up discarded weapons for their own use. This could be really good when AI units start getting picked off and civilians can start looting the dead bodies for weapons. Granny with an M-249 anyone? :)

Also, the USEC Maule M7 by Rocket can chop up any fleshy thing that wonders in front of the prop....

Maybe some budding zombie mission makers can incorporate these into their survival horror missions (when the mod is finished, obviously) :)

Not to mention Ambient traffic mod. Look forward to the gridlock as the hordes approach.

M7 could be used to take off from island when Zs are running toward you :)

New beta patch came out and I thing microAI problem with zombies was solved?

[60234] New: Scripting function enableAIFeature to disable new AI features when old behaviour is required.

I'm not sure what does it mean, but it seems like we can disable new AI features now (microAI?).

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7171.

New beta patch came out and I thing microAI problem with zombies was solved?

I'm not sure what does it mean, but it seems like we can disable new AI features now (microAI?).

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=7171.

Good find, however it won`t solve anything related to this judging from the description. The zombies have got a quite well working work-around that is being used to enforce collision handling with an entirely disabled AI.

BIS new function would really have to be a 100% disabled AI with still working collision detection, which makes no sense in a military game, so unlikely they have even considered it.

Edited by Charon Productions

Charon what do you think about relase date of your Undead Mod for comunity? You predict any or prefer not to give specific? :)

May I direct your attention to:

No release date can be set. It is a huge mod. Alpha is currently going on and going well in terms of that the scripts are successfully infecting the whole island. Typically after the whole thing runs reliably, the beta phase starts.

But that doesn't stop the squirming! ;)

yeah i really like your progress Charon! Zombie mods were a lot of fun in OFP :D

so here i made a little Demon from DOOM for you mod

i did the model very quick so its not perfect and there are no RMTVs at the moment but it works fine ingame!

http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3600/hellknight1.png

http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1884/hellknight2.png

http://img264.imageshack.us/img264/3480/hellknight3.jpg

and yes i know he should be larger :)

Edited by Rellikki
Posted images > 100kb

Epic Awesome

although i do hope you make a group of zombies

i don't like the idea of placing zombies 1 at a time

that really bothers me because i have to keep changing what the zombie is gonna look like instead of the same looking unit for each one

Epic Awesome

although i do hope you make a group of zombies

i don't like the idea of placing zombies 1 at a time

that really bothers me because i have to keep changing what the zombie is gonna look like instead of the same looking unit for each one

I believe you may only need to place one zed because the infection actually spreads quite rapidly.

@RAINF

true, true

i cannot wait for this mod to come out, although i do have to have to ask a question, will this be compatible with Operation: Arrowhead?

Well, from what has been said so far, hes been quite successful using custom islands and zombie's so I would say so in terms of that, and who knows, maybe even better if they add anything new to what he gets to work with.

As long as he has a ton more HP and armour than the standard enemies I think we'll be alright. Or rather we'll be toast.:D

yeah i really like your progress Charon! Zombie mods were a lot of fun in OFP :D

so here i made a little Demon from DOOM for you mod

i did the model very quick so its not perfect and there are no RMTVs at the moment but it works fine ingame!

Awesome! :)

Friendly advice:

Images THAT big? :eek: As soon as Placebo sees this he'll give you a perm ban! You'd better do something about it...

i have a suggestion

(for slow Zombies not Infected) when Zombies die there would be a 2% rate they would get back up again and limp faster and these could be edited in something to increase or decrease the rate or the new speed of the limp or disable it all together.

is it possible maybe later in the mod (After beta)?

also as a question

How will people become zombies or infected?

i mean as in when they die by the hands of say the infected do they rise up as slow zombies or as the same class as there killers

I.E. (Fast) infected killed woman = another (Fast) infected or is it Infected killed Woman = (Slow) Zombie????

Edited by That guy Over there

There's no reason an infected would become a slow zombie, infected is rage virus, the body is used at its full capacity to kill or turn anything that's not infected, the only circumstance would be mechanical failure such as a broken bone, dismemberment, etc.

That would be just a confusing script to randomly have it chosen to pick movement speed, but I don't see the realism or practicality of a Romero Undead zombie able infect someone and it becoming a faster zombie.

Leaving aside for the moment that this is of course a work of fantasy, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that once the virus has run its course and the host expires that the corpse might be re-animated as one of the walking dead. Infection (by either type) would create a new infected (fast) which after a period of time would die and rise again as a zombie (slow).

well then i cannot wait for the (I THINK) Very first ArmA II Zombie Mod

by the way how is progress charon

oh boy when this comes out i will scream at top of my lunges for joy :D (heres hoping i don't get arrested for disturbing the peace)

Edited by That guy Over there

Heya Charon, I've had the game about a month now. Finally started using community content to enhance the experience via the editor; It's the game that I've wanted for near a decade now! Been following this zombie mod since the begenning and Bktman's progress on the DOT fourms as well. I just wanted to say, thank you both for your work and time put into this mod. It will be mind blowing once it is released as I hope to put it to good use by the editor, I already have missions set up that just need the zombie units themselves.

Just make sure to take a breather every once in a while, we'll all be here waiting of course. :)

Leaving aside for the moment that this is of course a work of fantasy, it seems perfectly reasonable to me that once the virus has run its course and the host expires that the corpse might be re-animated as one of the walking dead. Infection (by either type) would create a new infected (fast) which after a period of time would die and rise again as a zombie (slow).

Kind of leads to a 'no chance' sort of scenario then doesn't it?

nice idea. but it would be stupid to have to kill every zed 2 times though. we shouldnt use both types of zeds at the same time.