Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

I want to see a public beta. Imagine the kind of campaigns people would do!

Are their anyplans for added weapons or vehicles?

I want to see a public beta. Imagine the kind of campaigns people would do!

Are their anyplans for added weapons or vehicles?

Releases like this are always public betas by their sheer nature, Arma2 itself is a public beta. There might be an update after release to fix potential major bugs if they should occur, but it is being tried to fix them at the current stage.

There is no need for additional weapons. The engine is not made for chainsaws or stuff like that, impossible to implement.

There will be a few blood-smeared cars to add to the impression that a town has been attacked by infected/zombies.

I have very limited time, so i can`t model a lab complex or malls which could be useful.

I need need some dark areas, scary music and a deserted town with the sound of hordes of zombies coming after you! :P

Cant wait.

I need need some dark areas, scary music and a deserted town with the sound of hordes of zombies coming after you! :P

Cant wait.

IMO, Sahrani has a better feel, so put it as either dusk or dawn load up some zommies and let all havoc break loose!

i do have a few questions

1. do you have to manually place blood smeared cars or is it when a zombie class enemy kills all passengers and drivers then the car becomes a Bloody car

2. when people are killed within a car, when they come back to life do they get out or do nothing or not come back to life at all or can they be killed in a car?

3. will Custom units be infectable?

i do have a few questions

1. do you have to manually place blood smeared cars or is it when a zombie class enemy kills all passengers and drivers then the car becomes a Bloody car

2. when people are killed within a car, when they come back to life do they get out or do nothing or not come back to life at all or can they be killed in a car?

3. will Custom units be infectable?

1. I have made 120+ textures for this already. What you suggest would necessitate to Hex-edit all car models and make a blood texture for it, to then be able to replace that car. It is just too much work.

There is only a blood smeared white LADA and a city bus.

bloodbus2.jpg

2. No-one can get killed within a car. The cars also are prevented from blowing up when damaged too much, because it would never happen when a car is just demolished. Unfortunately there is no way to prevent AI to exit a vehicle when it is too damaged. So AI drivers will get out of the car and torn to pieces by the mob.

In the statistically unlikely case that an AI becomes an infected unit inside a vehicle. It will exit the vehicle. No point in staging a fight with the other crew, when no-one can really defend themselves inside. We are talking engine limitations here.

3. Not possible, except the custom addon maker creates the infected model himself and strictly adheres to the naming conventions. He would have to config the unit, so it is named for example UNDEAD_SwatOfficer.

I had made such updates (SWAT,woodland etc.) for CZM, but i have no time to do it again.

If such a unit does not exist in cfgVehicles, there will be no infected unit spawned.

So no point using custom units with this, unless the effort is made to also create custom infected units.

Edited by Charon Productions

Releases like this are always public betas by their sheer nature, Arma2 itself is a public beta. There might be an update after release to fix potential major bugs if they should occur, but it is being tried to fix them at the current stage.

There is no need for additional weapons. The engine is not made for chainsaws or stuff like that, impossible to implement.

There will be a few blood-smeared cars to add to the impression that a town has been attacked by infected/zombies.

I have very limited time, so i can`t model a lab complex or malls which could be useful.

OK Many a thanks.

Just to let you know I could model walls n' such.

@ havikk: do you think you could model a mall? If you can you should make and release it!!!

ummmm.... no... to much time and to much work... walls are easy.... hence why I perfer a plan to a car.... less work

any chance, to release zombies before the mod is ready or finished??

soo little advent gift:p^^

Edited by TeilX

any chance, to release zombies before the mod is ready or finished??

soo little advent gift:p^^

The mod will never be 100% finished. A version will be released that gives

enough functionality to enable engaging infecteds, have reliable safezones, a working antidote system once the alpha phase is finished which is dependent on the alpha testers reporting their issues.

did I just read that you are in alpha testing?!??

Have you read through the whole thread at all?

As long as core features are likely to being redone/rewritten completely,

this is still in alpha phase. I have probably rewritten the entire movement routines 5 or 6 times. Most recent tests indicate that the collision handling can`t be much more improved, as even the vanilla arma

collision handling is very inaccurate. So the beta stage is close and when everything seems to work, it is release-ready

Charon: hopefully there will be scientists:

- non-infected with weapons

- infected with blood smears all over their lab coats :)

Otherwise if you need MP testing we have 2 dedicated servers.

Charon: hopefully there will be scientists:

- non-infected with weapons

- infected with blood smears all over their lab coats :)

Otherwise if you need MP testing we have 2 dedicated servers.

This is as it is:

Any civilian can pick up weapons from dead soldiers or be given a weapon by the mission maker.

I won`t be making any custom infantry models for this, so the in-game doc must go through as a scientist and he has blood all over his coat.

Thanks for the offers, but as i had said earlier, it`s a waste of time to do any MP testing without having multiple machines in a domestic network.

Have you asked the DOT community for perhaps server testing? I heard you and Bktman were working together, not sure if this still is the case however.

Thanks for the offers, but as i had said earlier, it`s a waste of time to do any MP testing without having multiple machines in a domestic network.

You could always have someone else from the internet test it with you. Someone you trust. It would be a waste not to take these offers at least to some extent. Even test it with the server owner if you like - bug hunting isn't exactly a job that requires a college degree in computer science.

I believe the issue is that the mod generates too much traffic for online use and as such any testing that is dependent on an Internet connection isn't worthwhile.

You could always have someone else from the internet test it with you. Someone you trust. It would be a waste not to take these offers at least to some extent. Even test it with the server owner if you like - bug hunting isn't exactly a job that requires a college degree in computer science.

The primary goal is to get it to run in single player. Then only it is feasible to be converted to MP. The entire script set-up would have to be rewritten for the clients and it might not take a degree in computer science, but it takes time and nerves.

I said earlier, that there is no reason that the mod should not work on any island. Unfortunately i have to remark (kind of like a microsoft swing), that this is only true, if the island is modelled perfectly (like Chernarus).

Custom islands that were tested resulted in undead not being able to run through steep mountainous regions when the terrain tangent is too high and also the use of custom buildings results in the undead being stuck inside the building (which can be due to bad pathway LODs or Geo LODs).

So as long as the island is perfect and the houses are perfect, it works as intended ;)

Nothing i can do about these issues from within the mod.

I don`t run into substantial errors anymore in my tests and the alpha testers are too busy in RL to report anything in the moment. So a release of a working version within a week seems likely.

Edited by Charon Productions