Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Monsters, zombies and so on

Yeah. Basically, when you give out the Beta, have a list of things your aware of, ie, attack animations etc. Sure, they dont look perfect, but as Drew said, they are damned good for what they game was initially created for.

Is it possible for animators to create some for the game? I'm sure there would be some guys out there willing to lend a hand in creating some.

Yeah. Basically, when you give out the Beta, have a list of things your aware of, ie, attack animations etc. Sure, they dont look perfect, but as Drew said, they are damned good for what they game was initially created for.

I wasn`t refering to you guys, but there is always people who don`t understand what a beta version is.

Is it possible for animators to create some for the game? I'm sure there would be some guys out there willing to lend a hand in creating some.

Well i can create additional animations too in Maya or maybe remotely possible to convert MoCap stuff, the problematic part is to bring that over to Arma2. The skeleton is different than in Arma1 , so rtmScript will not be able to get the rigging correctly into the rtm file. If i find some time, i`ll see if i can modify rtmScript to match the new skeleton.

Edited by Charon Productions

thats amazing! i also think the infected dogs should stay that fast. like the infected dogs in resident evil! :)

the blood effects still look a bit weird.

Definite major mod! I'm glad to see how much work you put into this mod, its at par with FML3 horror pack for OFP! The dog is an extreme challenge for players and instead of player in multiplayer going rambo will have players set to make plans for these guys.

Such as having a dog guard who watches out for these suckers.

BTW for the infected canine don't forget to use the mutt dog unit they have ingame. It has a better chance if you skin it of looking like a zombie dog while the alsatian's fur is a bit of a problem.

Like I offered to you on your video I'd be willing to do some skins for you, whether it be human, dog or MAD COW ZOMBIE!

charon we need this mod in namalsk island!!

It should work fine on ANY island now.

Definite major mod! I'm glad to see how much work you put into this mod, its at par with FML3 horror pack for OFP! The dog is an extreme challenge for players and instead of player in multiplayer going rambo will have players set to make plans for these guys.

Such as having a dog guard who watches out for these suckers.

BTW for the infected canine don't forget to use the mutt dog unit they have ingame. It has a better chance if you skin it of looking like a zombie dog while the alsatian's fur is a bit of a problem.

Like I offered to you on your video I'd be willing to do some skins for you, whether it be human, dog or MAD COW ZOMBIE!

I`ll do the other dog too. He is an extreme challenge indeed hehe.

Those dogs look like they'll be real scary when finished. Damn, they creep me out allready. Just look at that speed... Please, do not slow them down. I suppose the only way to survive packs of those "Zombdogs" is to run and climb where they can't follow, use explosives or preferably escape them in vehicles.

If this mod is ever used in some kind of "Chernarus Life During Infection" RPG server, what little Grenade Launcher ammo, antidote and fuel are available to scavenge, they are gonna be fought over by player factions tooth and nail! Like Mad Max with Zombies :D

Charon: congrats on the latest development ;)

btw, hopefully there is a way civilians remain friends to you (talk to you) when using your Zombies? Must "Independent friendly to nobody" be set for zombies to attack and AI soldiers to respond?

Charon: congrats on the latest development ;)

btw, hopefully there is a way civilians remain friends to you (talk to you) when using your Zombies? Must "Independent friendly to nobody" be set for zombies to attack and AI soldiers to respond?

I usually set civilian setFriend [west , 1]; in a mission and leave that up to the mission designer.

That way armed civilian policemen don`t engage west/east soldiers, which they will regret anyway when they get their hind ends hunted by the hounds hehe

This setfriend thing is the only thing absolutely necessary to be set by the mission maker.

Not sure if this is a known bug, but it makes a huge difference concerning the intensity of AI engagement if you set

west setFriend [resistance , 0];

or if you choose independent friendly to nobody in the editor, which works much better. Not sure why this happens ?!

Edited by Charon Productions

If this mod is ever used in some kind of "Chernarus Life During Infection" RPG server, what little Grenade Launcher ammo, antidote and fuel are available to scavenge, they are gonna be fought over by player factions tooth and nail! Like Mad Max with Zombies :D

YEA!!! +1 :D :D :D

*btw Charon..i never expected all this work could be possible in ArmA2

..and i saw HUGE amounts of development in FEW only weeks..(!!)

:pc:

Ok ok...

1 more silly question..

Is there any way to make friendly A.I. (or Humans in general..) to have an

increased possibility to inflict a " Headshot " ?

(Due to infection..it will be common knowledge..that "headshots" is the weak spot of the enemy..)

Also..a suggestion will be the "infected Dogs" to have lower armor/hitpoints values to counter-balance

their HIGH speed.

Anyways..with 10 rounds of 7.62..i don't think there be much left of ANY dog..infected or no :D :D :D

Edited by GiorgyGR

Ok ok...

1 more silly question..

Is there any way to make friendly A.I. (or Humans in general..) to have an

increased possibility to inflict a " Headshot " ?

(Due to infection..it will be common knowledge..that "headshots" is the weak spot of the enemy..)

Also..a suggestion will be the "infected Dogs" to have lower armor/hitpoints values to counter-balance

their HIGH speed.

Anyways..with 10 rounds of 7.62..i don't think there be much left of ANY dog..infected or no :D :D :D

There would be a way, if custom MLOD models would be used. But since there is no way around using ODOL models, there is no way to change the spot that the AI is targetting.

The dogs do have lower hitpoints, you need just 3 torso shots to kill them.

The head selection is for some reason disfunctional in the damage routine.

Be pretty awesome if you use L4D Infected screams or even if you have a spawning trigger, when the trigger goes off plays the horde roar from l4d. But other movies and such can also suffice.

This shows the fast paced action of fighting the fast infected undead.

High risk of civilians shot or friendly fire with those

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es_qv8NkS9M&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I can help with custom sounds if you need them, just let me know lol thats an awesome video

Next video you make do it from first peerson perspective and then use freelook and look behind you as you run far more epic!

For the future, can, or are 50 cal etc more deadly to them?

CHaron: one tip, TCP animation can be made faster, I know I've sped it up in A1 so they were 1x faster.

How about ambient infected module? that spawns infected around you in places where you dont see :P

How about ambient infected module? that spawns infected around you in places where you dont see :P

..i m afraid then it will be like "Yomies" thing in "Quarantine" orig.project :(

yeah that was stupid. now we have a civillian module that gets infected. i think thats enough.

@RAINF: of course. the more dammage a weapon does the faster they go down. its just the hitpoints that were increased except on the head that you can kill them with one head shot.

Yup, I agree, not spawning is a good thing. In MP we could know the approximate population of the map, get reports of infection spreading, and it is persistant. This will make defending/evacuating towns feel more 'real', and maintain the possibility to end the infection.

C.O. "How many did you kill in (whatever town)"

P.L. "45"

C.O. "Good, only 4,531 more to go."

With a limited population/max possible infected, gives a light at the end of the tunnel.

All good points,

i think this offers more than endless spawn, of course it could be done with a simple script by any mission maker anyway. It`s no big deal.

But like in all infection movie scenarios the objective is containment.

It will become problematic though if 20 MP guys are looking for thousands of undead, that will bring the engine to its knees. Then intelligent spawning would be required by the smart mission maker.

I have added a reammobox-type suitcase that contains 6 antidote syringes,

so mission makers have a way to integrate those into their missions.

Technically the syringes are of the weapon-type (item) and therefore can be contained in a reammobox.

this looks amazing, great work!. i have actually made an account and re-installed arma2 because im really looking forward to this =]. any chance off knowing when it will be released?