Sign in to follow this  
silola

DAC V2.1 (WIP) discussion

I can say for certain. It will not be released the next week as Im away and there is no use for DAC right now. After next week I return home and I will give Silola permission to release it. Ofcourse my plans can change and you all have to wait some more.

This is awesome... cant wait for release of this for arma2. I used this in many missions in A1, you cant grasp how much it helped a scripting noob like myself. Thanks for the A1 vers... looking forward to the A2 vers now.

If I could count how many times in the past I've referenced DAC2.0 .pdf's ... nope, thats a scary thought. :p

For sure worth waiting for though, as those guides can be priceless. :)

Look forward to getting back into things! Really looking like another brilliant release, and one of the must haves on my list.

Regards,

Gnome

Hi :)

I don't know, but I think you want to help me :p

Short info:

All demo parts are ready and they all have to be translated now.

I hope that my translator has time for that :(

dacmissions.th.jpg

( D=Demo | E=Example )

Greeting

Silola

Hi :)

I don't know, but I think you want to help me :p

I guess Morphicon have better translator then me...did I have something to add?:D

Nice to hear.

I really appreciate that you take the time to release it in a proper 1.0 state with tutorials and readme. Worth the wait.

Thank you!

Edited by andersson
but the wait is painfully hard... Checking this forum every day hoping..

It's too hard to wait for this beautiful script :bounce3: :bounce3:

Some question:

Is this script will compatible with UPSMON or GL4 ??

Is this script contain some AI enhancement or not??

Hello :)

Sorry, but the translation is progressing very slowly because my translators have only little time available.

Is this script will compatible with UPSMON or GL4 ??

Principle it should be possible to work with all AI extensions in parallel mode.

DAC also offers the possibility to remove groups from the DAC system after they have been generated, to transfer the groups to another AI system.

SNKMAN and me are currently working on a joint solution, so that DAC groups can be passed to GL4 during a running mission.

Is this script contain some AI enhancement or not??

Yes, DAC includes some AI enhancements. A small illustration, I had already posted *searching*

ok, have found it:

dacbehav.th.jpg

Greeting

Silola

@Silola

Wow! Silola and SNKMAN cooperate?

This is wonderful! Two titans of scripting are not just doing their work for their own, but they bother how their mod will fit the other mod. Well this is really open-minded. I am really eager to see this combo: DAC/GL4.

@SNKMAN

And you little bastard (ironically), what do you hide more? Are there some more secret projects? :cool:

Thanks for the info,

Good news :yay: :yay: !!

One little question:

I test your DAC on Arma and I'm not remenber if AI can use smoke or flare of artillery on player.

If not it would be great for add this !! :)

when release?

Nice pointless post. When it's done is when.

Great news Silola thanks for the info.

@Kroky

And you little bastard (ironically), what do you hide more? Are there some more secret projects?

Hmm... Well if i would tell then they would not be secret anymore. :D Right? :p

@D.A.C.

Yes Silola and me already found a nice solution to make D.A.C. and Group Link 4 work toghetter very well.

D.A.C. and Group Link 4 use two different way's of how things are working.

D.A.C. use units/groups which are spawned Group Link 4 use units/groups which are already placed in the mission so you can combinate bouth projects without any problem.

We was looking for a way how to identify groups which are used by D.A.C. so Group Link 4 will not re-initialize thouse groups.

It's always a pleasure to cooperate with projects like D.A.C. where you know things was coded with brain and passion. ;)

Oh my good, that is going too be a "power drug" with no escape ;-)

Nice pointless post. When it's done is when.

You asked? No! Where you climb? :torture:

I meant the approximate time of release.

Hey Silola sorry i couldnt be of more help with the translation! Im still stuck in SE Asia lol! and have no money to get back home yet! But hope all is good and good luck!

Take care

Matt.

Greetings,

I must say the ambient, arty and civ modules that came to be on arma2 are looking like a brief water mirage on the desert landscape, not close to DAC and surely no cigar worthily. :bounce3:

Sure it would be great to integrate it on "arma next version" or standalone expansion for that matter (with at least the explicit credits to the original addon maker), but i honestly think it would lack the flexibility of community interest of free content development.(not undermining the maker's say how it goes :-D, but this addon always looked like what really missing on Arma2 AI).

I had some time to play with this addon (DAC) on ARMA, and since then i've no doubt that is the best macro ai handling system i have ever seen working on Opf/arma/arma2.

Im sure when ever it will came out, Silola will grants us a DAC with same quality seen on previous versions.

Have fun working on it, creating should always be fun.

Have a nice build,

Ventura.

Hello :)

DAC V3.0 will come ... sure. Unfortunately, the translations need more time than planned.

In addition, my motivation is weakened at the moment something.

But even this project I will bring to an end ... promised ;)

Greeting

Silola

This is exciting news Silola, loved your DAC for ARMA and really looking forward to ARMA2. Wish I could help with the translation but I only know English.

Thanks for the update!