Sign in to follow this  
TeRp

BWMod release thread

I'm pretty sure that the majority of users is not interested who did what and who has not been credited for whatever reason. As long as that Frankyman doesn't show up and complain about the BW Mod team has stolen his work or using it without permission we do not care.

For me its a great misstake, and i will not Download the new Update cause of those facts, instead of your Team and Workmoral...

Now I'm pretty sure the BW Mod team will survive that. ;)

You Guys messed up the Marder inside, and the UH1 has Arma1 Textures...

I fail to see where the Marders are screwed up and I also fail to see what's so bad about ArmA1 textures.

Please stop the bashing and take it to PM, email or whatever. Thanks.

Alright !

Now i see that my Post could be misunderstood.. Aye

Just do your Job in that case, and delete it.. im fine with that

Best Wishes

Comet

I'm pretty sure that the majority of users is not interested who did what and who has not been credited for whatever reason.

IMO its comments like that that cause alot of good addon makers to leave the community. Don't ban me for that Wolle, it's just an opinion. :o

OT: The update looks good. I haven't had much time for gaming lately but I'll definitely try this out in the next day or two. I'm still in love with the Fuchs. :)

:yeahthat:

same here and now that it is in ISAF markings ..even better!

IMO its comments like that that cause alot of good addon makers to leave the community. Don't ban me for that Wolle, it's just an opinion. :o

Yes, it is.

I won't comment on what Comet said, because 99% of what he wrote is not true and was most likely written in a hot temper.

However, I'd like to remind that we've been around since OFP, and that's more than enough evidence of what we're capable of (or if you'd like: what we're not).

On the other hand, we haven't credited anyone specifically from our team in our releases since our earliest releases for Armed Assault, because we're a team and not individuals working for themselves.

Anyways, have fun with the release.

Our skinners have spent a lot of time on working out and applying the desert camo (and the tutorials available on our homepage) and we hope they'll fit perfectly to OA so you guys can make some cool missions once OA has been released.

I'd also like to point out that, even if the mod in it's current form it ACE compatible, we will release a seperate config which will include more ACE specific changes, e.g. to the soldier's loadout, etc. pp.

//edit: thanks for the mirros and the updater network, appreciated!

Edited by TeRp

@Terp:

Wise Words !

@Frankyman:

Dude i hope you forgive me for my post...

But i had to write this Thoughts, and yes i havent been really cool when writing that... 99.9% percent of the time

Never been happier to finnish a download of a mod, just to start It all over again. (Downloaded 1.5 minutes before 1.6 was released =P).

Great work on those units, they look suberb, but I have a couple of questions:

1 - No workaround for the G36 round count issue when "changing" sights yet? Got killed sometimes when I tought I had ammo... :p

2 - Whats the plans for the future on the mod?

Again, good job on those!

Hello TeRp,

to you and all members of the team a big thanks for this great mod.

Will the german Tiger be included in one of the next releases?

We have never banned anyone for posting his opinion (as long as it is within the rules) and that won't change.

By no means I meant that not mentioning people involved in a Mod/addon/mission is ok, in fact I often uploaded one of my missions again because I forgot someone in the credits.

But as I told Comet in a PM, such things should be discussed with the Mod team in private and not in the public as we all know how fast things can go downhill in a heated discussion. :)

Oh and thanks for another update, downloading asap.

Hello TeRp,

to you and all members of the team a big thanks for this great mod.

Will the german Tiger be included in one of the next releases?

Thanks.

I'll definately be included in one of the next releases, but I can't promise in which one and when. :p

Never been happier to finnish a download of a mod, just to start It all over again. (Downloaded 1.5 minutes before 1.6 was released =P).

Great work on those units, they look suberb, but I have a couple of questions:

Heh, thanks.

1 - No workaround for the G36 round count issue when "changing" sights yet? Got killed sometimes when I tought I had ammo... :p

Nah, not yet.

I don't know if your using ACE, but if you do and once we'll release our little something later next week, our units will using the default ACE G36 which doesn't have that issue.

2 - Whats the plans for the future on the mod?

Well, there'll be some more releases, if everything goes according to our plans, even within the next weeks. Just stay tuned, we're far from finished.

Again, good job on those!

:)

Thanks to Xeno the mod is now fully ACE-compatible, however Extended Eventhandlers are now required for the mod to work.

On a side node: we will provide a seperate config which will make some ACE specific changes, e.g. to the solider loadouts, on a later date.

Ooh awesome!

ACEX_BW anyone?

*puts up flame shield*

:868:

will you be making a grenadier class in your next release?

We don't have a G36 with GL or a "GraPi" (H&K 69) yet and I think we won't for some time.

Even though we have a dedicated weapons modeller and skinner at this point, he is quite busy finishing his final exams and also there are other weapons that have a higher priority to us at this point (e.g. crew weapons and sniper rifles).

However, we'll try to add all the stuff, but there's just so many stuff but not enough time to do them all. :)

But you should try the G3 addon by Christian.1987, it's quite awesome and perhaps he'll add a G3 with a GL, as the G3 is becoming quite popular again with the German troops in Afghanistan.

Very nice work. Love your guys work all around, in the next update would there be some pilots? Iv seen that there is some talk for the tiger chopper to come maybe we could see them pilots in that update. Very nice work, keep it going.

Thanks for the update!

I know that you guys aren't too fond of people asking for a certain addon, but: will we see a "wolf" anytime soon? I am asking because the mod is realy missing a jeep:).

and for the grenadier thingi: you'd have to do this by hand, but vilas has a AG36 in his westernweapons pack. (just thought I'd mention it for those who care).

Anyway, thanks again for this awesome mod.

ACEX_BW anyone?

No, won't happen because it is not needed at all.

I know what you want but we, the ACE team, accept what other mod teams want and we are only happy to see that other mod teams support us or we can support them.

BWMod has their freedom to release their mod like they want to release it and this will never change.

It is a good example of having both worlds, ACE and vanilla ArmA 2 in combination with XEH in one addon. Even if you don't like ACE you can use the same modfolder.

I've played BWMod with ACE the whole evening and everybody really enjoyed it (ok, easy job on a german server :P but it doesn't change the fact that BWMod itself is allready a great modification for this game)

And belive me... I'm the happiest man around, beeing half german myself that I can finally play ACE with BWMod.

Xeno

Thanks for the explanation Xeno, I'll just rename my mod folder and call it a day ;)

+ Thanks to you for making them compatible!

thx for tropentarn <3

Are the desert textures on the vehicles final? the green looks a bit wrong.

Shouldnt it look more like this?

klick me

and again ._.

Would you say Yes if i would ask u if you have a Dingo in work?

I guess it would fit good in the szenario of Takistan

Manny thanks for the latest update guys... good to know there are such awsome guys representing your country in this "game"

Edited by Due-_-

First: my English is horrible, so the BI forum not a place for me

I was up to 17.05.2010 member of the BWMOD.

All I have created in this period, is and remains part of the BWmod.

With the exception of Dingo2a2.

First: my English is horrible, so the BI forum not a place for me

I was up to 17.05.2010 member of the BWMOD.

All I have created in this period, is and remains part of the BWmod.

With the exception of Dingo2a2.

Well thank you for your contributions too! This stuff is killer!

The BWM team always represents, thanks again guys!