eastvixenacoast.jpg

Isla Duala v1.3, East Coast of Vixena

bfalcon: troops still WIP, sorry.

Just when your starting to enjoy ArmA2, VBS comes around and bites you in the ass... :torture:

I dont think the tools are a gift, they are a requirement- without the tools this game would have gotten no where, it would help massive amounts to give us more functionality.

Thanks for all the islands and work that you have done IceBreakr!!! Sorry for OT, once again your work is amazing.

Edited by Sniper Pilot

Can somebody please and place yourself here on Isla Vixena:

chunkybug.jpg

Then run straight east along the wall and see if you get chunky/laggy movement, thanks :)

Just when your starting to enjoy ArmA2, VBS comes around and bites you in the ass...

hm...that smiley u using there is quite offensive to afro-americans...just a thought...dunno how it's intended (the smiley not u putting it in here;)) but it has certain features which make it a lil bit problematic in my point of view.

hm...that smiley u using there is quite offensive to afro-americans...just a thought...dunno how it's intended (the smiley not u putting it in here;)) but it has certain features which make it a lil bit problematic in my point of view.

On the other hand, the Chinese REALLY like it :)

You get what you pay for when you buy VBS2 for ~$1000. You also get what you pay for when you buy ArmA II for ~$40. If you want tools that VBS2 has to offer, then the solution is simple - buy VBS2.

For some reason, with the release of ArmA II, the community has become increasingly... What's the word... Anal? Expecting all this stuff to be just handed over to them, or to have everyone sing praises for their work, to stop classifying BIS' games as simulators, the list goes on. It's getting really out of hand.

Can somebody please and place yourself here on Isla Vixena:

Then run straight east along the wall and see if you get chunky/laggy movement, thanks :)

Tested. No chunky/laggy movement.

You get what you pay for when you buy VBS2 for ~$1000. You also get what you pay for when you buy ArmA II for ~$40. If you want tools that VBS2 has to offer, then the solution is simple - buy VBS2.

For some reason, with the release of ArmA II, the community has become increasingly... What's the word... Anal? Expecting all this stuff to be just handed over to them, or to have everyone sing praises for their work, to stop classifying BIS' games as simulators, the list goes on. It's getting really out of hand.

I have to completely agree here.

And it seems many forum members forget what W0lle mentioned on here:

It is a privilege. Simply because nowhere on your ArmA2 box it says that you get free Modding tools. Yes you bought that the product (the game), you have not bought any modding tools. That might be hard but that's how it is. The tools are free giveaway from BIS to the community.

Yes, it would sure be nice if BIS released atleast something like Visitor 3.5 with some of those useful features from Visitor 4. But it's not up to the community members to decide or even demand that.

Brings me to the fact that some id*ots (I apologize for this word, but seriously there IS something wrong with these people) bitched about JCOVE (VBS2 Lite) having simplified and poor map design. Wake the hell up, it's NOT about simulating fu*king terrains, Jesus H. Christ...

Also, BIA is a different company to BIS. They reviewed the tool for VBS2 usage. As such, I don't think it even CAN make ArmA2 compliant maps. Deliberately so BTW ;)

VBS2 maps are generally rather large, but sparsely detailed BTW. There is no "love" poured into them, the tool is designed to get a quick accurate layout without any fluff or artistic content. VBS2 is designed to teach procedures, often in specific places, not entertain or look great.

Edited by DMarkwick

And that is something people here cannot seem to understand...

Hm, I wonder if this can be considered offtopic? :rolleyes:

Jesus Christ that's pathetic.

Zipper5: AFAIK BIA guys are working now in Prague in BIS offices, or am I wrong? Ok, lets forget about VBS related content. My decision is final - I won't be working on V3 anymore since its consumes too much time on idiotic things like half-functioning road placement with trial&error.

HyperU2: I agree, I didn't know afro-americans have blue-colored skin. Some ppl really over-react. I remember a guy calling me a racists when I told him our army only has Caucassian troops (confirmed with army) and therefor (to be realistic) we put only white faces in our addon.

Guys, please keep this topic about Duala, not tools/VBS2/VSS/etc.. I just made a statement that I won't be doing any more projects since I don't have weeks time to put down roads and bunch of other crap missing in V3 - to be exact, I use 30-40% of tools made by community, from V3 scripts to pbo/p3d editors(!). Remember that OFP/A1/A2 series strongest point are US - the Community! And hopefully BIS is well aware of that. Hopefully tools will get upgraded one day so I can continue working on new island projects.

Couple of lucky beavers are working on Arrowhead as we speak and I doubt they have NDA and they are still using V3 :]

SBP Team and me are still going strong in other addons (weapons, units) and I'll focus now on:

1. creating PvP missions for my both islands

2. Co-Op campaigns

Panthera (still one final update coming soon with new fancy sat-map) & Duala will get stuff that is now most required - missions. Hopefully without requirement for ACE2 or any other addons.

Edited by IceBreakr

Missions! Now you're talking!

And - looking forward to the Panthera update too - it's still my personal favourite...

B

Zipper5: AFAIK BIA guys are working now in Prague in BIS offices, or am I wrong?

BIA is Australian, working out of Australia.

Guys, please keep this topic about Duala, not tools/VBS2/VSS/etc.. I just made a statement that I won't be doing any more projects since I don't have weeks time to put down roads and bunch of other crap missing in V3 - to be exact, I use 30-40% of tools made by community, from V3 scripts to pbo/p3d editors(!). Remember that OFP/A1/A2 series strongest point are US - the Community! And hopefully BIS is well aware of that. Hopefully tools will get upgraded one day so I can continue working on new island projects.

Indeed we should drop the VBS2 discussion now as it leads to nothing. It also doesn't matter if BIA developers are in Praque, Anna Bay or at the north pole. They are 2 different companies with 2 different products aiming at 2 different markets. You simply cannot expect having the developer tools from a $2000+ product for free, that is simply not possible. Of course it would be nice to have atleast parts of them (like the roads thing) but if it's not possible (for whatever reason) then it isn't and we all have to respect that.

As for updating the tools, I guess at the moment BIS has other problems and priorities than fixing/upgrading the free tools. ;)

We all seen in the past that improvements from VBS1/2 made their way into the consumer versions, this might go for the tools as well.

I still say it's a shame that IceBreakr stops creating more terrain artwork but we have to respect his decision (atleast I tried). :p

hello, a pain that you do not follow with new projects of islands, but I understand to you. so that to work 6 months, if I can do it in one?

arma 2 without any tool for addons (units, islands, etc…) including ACE mod, nonserious absolutely nothing. from ofp, armed assault and arma 2 what it has matched to the community and great in if, they are addons done by the community.

first OPX, now HOISTS, lack ICE and we remained without decent islands for arma 2, excellent.

and for that he said that vbs2 in their maps are only at random put objects, or I am I blind or…

http://i50.tinypic.com/2zp74ig.jpg 171 kb

Edited by W0lle
Image > 100 kb

Originally Posted by IceBreakr

Guys, please keep this topic about Duala, not tools/VBS2/VSS/etc

... back on topic...

Just checked Isla Vixena here too - not noticing anything out of the ordinary - apart from Vixena itself! - Impressive!

B

... back on topic...

Just checked Isla Vixena here too - not noticing anything out of the ordinary - apart from Vixena itself! - Impressive!

B

Thanks for testing then it must be something my end :)

Isla Vixena and Hazena are totally awesome! Especially Vixena!! I love the whole little island. Lots of little interesting spots to explore.

I love the villages also. I like the way they are spaced and situated, the cool little stack of rubble and broken cars look nice too!

Oh and Ramons Plantation is so awesome! Just one thing, I think, instead of the weird long rectangular water way behind the plantation, it should be a huge field of weed. Just the plantation only has two growing areas as of now and they're pretty small for such a large plantation. :)

Edited by Enad

The "plantation" imo is more a base for drug smuggling. They can grow some crop for their own "needs" but most of their business is either import or export.

Here's a tip for you guys - use An-2 on the improvised strip @Plantation ;) too bad authors didn't fix the turning radius yet.

Afrenian army is also having trouble picking the right uniform pattern. They want to be visually very different to Molatians, for guards ops mainly in urban areas. It seems their gray/white pattern is almost shiny as cows on Chernarus, so they are looking for a new one :o

camocrap2.jpg

Edited by IceBreakr