Sign in to follow this  
chammy

New Sound Mod in the making, slowly but surely

Thanks for posting the configuration information Hellfire257.

dunedain: also worth checking is for the presence of acex_sm_c_wep_mg.pbo the file that is being reported as missing - did you perhaps move it in order to hear only CSM2 sounds?

Protegimus

@Hellfire257, Thank you problem solved :)

@Protegimus, Nope. I got that error message since I've got my ACE updated to 1.3 through Addon Sync and Kellys Heroes server.

It seems the said missing file isn't in the @ACEX_SM addons folder anymore since the last update.

Edited by dunedain

Hey guys im having an issue with CSM2 an OA. When i originally installed CSM on Arma 2, I had some issues with the M16 sounds, due to a confliction with the ACE_SM mod, but when I disabled the ACE_SM, the M16 sounds worked great. Im having the same issue with OA noe, the M16 soudns just like it did in Arma 2 when it was having issues with the ACE_SM, but this time, there IS no ACE_SM, any idea on how to fix this? btw all the other guns sound fine! any help appreciated! thanks!

The mod is configured for ArmA II, OA uses an upgraded version of the audio engine so it will send things a little screwy.

I'm sure in time Chammy and Pro will produce a fully working version configured just for OA too.

@Protogemis - a reinstall of ARMA2 got things working. Thanks all for yuor help.

Edited by smithcorp
clarification

Any news on the mod? Are you still working on it?

From the previous page, posted only a few days ago:

currently Chammy is hard a work to releasing a new version for ARMA 2.

Can´t wait for new version guys, hope it will be compatible with OA. :)

AK47 and RPK has default BiS sounds too if you are using the mod with OA.

I noticed this, i really liked the ak47 sound and could not figure out why it stopped working... i never even stopped to think if it was OA :o

I guess BiS changed something in the config files of those guns and now the sound mod doesn't recognize them.

Right off context, but as far as this mod is still in development also for OA...

would it be possible to add incoming shell sound for artillery?

Several threads in the "Suggestion" forum already dealed with that issue, a non existing sound for incoming artillery, but didnt lead to changes in any official or beta patches.

Ace and GL4 already implemented those sounds,but it would be great to have it into a mod,that effects sounds only.

Thx for ya effort so far, and i hope that mod keeps going on in the direction it already went.

Edited by Nephris1

Blacklord

AK47 and RPK has default BiS sounds too if you are using the mod with OA.

All thats needs to be done is add entries for some of the duplicate OA classes, I guess some of the inheritence don't work because OA is STANDALONE.

So far I've found the AKM, RPK and M4 Aimpoint don't get fully overwritten by A2 soundmods, I'm sure there is more. Regardless I'm sure Chammy & Co will fix it soon.

Some of the environmental sounds in v1.04i look buggy. As these sound are prominently used in the game, it is extremely audible and disturbing, like having a permanent shell shock.

By unpacking the .pbo manually and examining the samples without the game, this is caused by Forest_Day.wss, Forest_Night.wss, Meadow_Day.wss, Meadow_Night.wss having a constant pitch, which gets stronger towards the end of the sound.

Same problem with hilux_int_* sounds in vehicles.

Edited by Proton

Everyone loves a good sound mod, can change the game so much, keep at it sounds great look forward to it.